26-11-10 Watch the hands!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

MonCappy

Re: 26-11-10 Watch the hands!

Post by MonCappy »

Milnoc wrote:Is this the point where the curse is suddenly lifted and Brooke finds herself sharing a shower with and having her back washed by a boy? :))
I don't think what the orb does is intended as a temporary effect. I think the transformation is permanent unless it is reversed.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

I wonder I Aces Boobs are larger? It would upset Layla more than the water!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I don't see the change as temporary either. It will have to be reversed deliberately if Ace is to be a boy again. Not that that's much of a barrier, just a single plot twist.
I am really adoring Brooke lately. She's got spunk.
Layla's not going to be violent. She might yell, but I think any anger she has will be expressed in the makeover.

Oh. and Ace's have been depicted as bigger than Layla's pretty much since Ace's change.
Most apparently in http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20100915.html. Not much bigger, but definitely bigger.
PIXIE MEL!!!

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

I miss the color pages. Yeah, Ace's boobs are definitely bigger than Layla's, though not by much. If Ace were good at being snarky, one way he could tweak Layla is to point out how he has bigger boobs in spite of the fact that he was born as a boy. The problem here is that he isn't comfortable being a girl and frankly, he lacks the wit take down Layla a few pegs verbally.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I predict Layla doing an eyebrow tweazing on Brooke. Especially if Layla notices that Ace is "bigger" than her.

Yeah, Ace saying something like "I can't get too mad at Layla. That wouldn't be big of me" wouldn't be in character for her. She also doesn't know the "Rules of Engagement" for girls and doesn't want to make things worse by doing the wrong thing. Right now, she seems content to watch Brooke fight on her behalf.
I could see Brooke making constant little jabs like that for the rest of the evening now that she knows it annoys Layla.

Note: Until such time as Ace is changed back (if that should occur), I am going to use female pronouns to refer to her. The s/he's and him/her's are just getting tiresome to type, and she's a girl right now, and we are all familiar with the unusual circumstances surrounding her. This is not a value judgment, just my own writing style decision. Feel free to maintain your own ways of dealing with Ace's special situation.
PIXIE MEL!!!

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

One further point: aren't vampires supposed to have problems with running water?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire

"Vampires are said to be unable to walk on consecrated ground, such as those of churches or temples, or cross running water."

Not sure if that applies to a shower (you don't "cross" a shower, after all) but it is interesting they not only have running water in the house, but bathe in it...

FWIW

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I always thought that referred to bodies of water - especially fresh water, but some legends say any water. I thought about that when Layla went to the beach with Kade.
PIXIE MEL!!!

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

it just refers to water that's not sitting still.
So they can walk over a lake which has no currents, but crossing a river will be a problem.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

bokonondeemax

Post by bokonondeemax »

We've seen Layla swimming in the ocean, and wanting to take a shower (after the pheromone incident). If I remember correctly, in some stories vampires had to avoid water because it would nullify their earth based powers. Maybe these vamps just lose a few horsepower while wet. Which might mean an upcoming splashy wrestling match which Layla will be very surprised to lose L-)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

There's no indication that Giz & Dave have felt the need to copy the whole canon of classical vampire lore...

After all, a basic indicator hould be that in this mythworld, vampires can have human-style sex, conception, and give birth to vampire babies which grow up pretty much like normal humans.

So far, no indications of "blooding", "siring", "turning" or whatever you want to call it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Caswaltz

Post by Caswaltz »

Giz and Dave are just worried about every comic causing uproars among us because it's their creation and they want us to like it, but don't want to change it because a few people have opinions that they aren't following the spirit of their own work.

Scientifically speaking, there is running water almost everywhere, as rainwater seeps into the ground and flows back toward the ocean or other body of water. Therefore, vampires could never be safe anywhere.

Brooke, you're forgetting to cover your(incredible vanishing) breasts...

Imaginary

Post by Imaginary »

I predict Ace getting a crush on Brooke if he gets changed back.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

This strip (pun intended?) is why I love Brooke. Stripped naked and shoved in a shower with a guy she barely knows, and she still manages to turn the situation around and get Layla with a single comment that not only pricks Layla's ego but lays a trap that she walks right into.

I do have to agree with those who have pointed out that Brooke seems to be more...sleek than normal. I know she's no Chloe, but she wasn't totally lacking.

And as usual, the skull pin is win, the shocked expression is awesome. I'm curious, has it ever been determined if that thing actually has it's own mind and personality, or is it a mindless construct that merely mirrors Layla's moods?
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Imaginary wrote:I predict Ace getting a crush on Brooke if he gets changed back.
Good possibility of Brooke getting a crush on GrAce while she is scrubbing her back. That will make things all kinds of awkward when Ace returns to being a boy. #-o
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Lighthawk wrote:This strip (pun intended?) is why I love Brooke. Stripped naked and shoved in a shower with a guy she barely knows, and she still manages to turn the situation around and get Layla with a single comment that not only pricks Layla's ego but lays a trap that she walks right into.

I do have to agree with those who have pointed out that Brooke seems to be more...sleek than normal. I know she's no Chloe, but she wasn't totally lacking.

And as usual, the skull pin is win, the shocked expression is awesome. I'm curious, has it ever been determined if that thing actually has it's own mind and personality, or is it a mindless construct that merely mirrors Layla's moods?
I just noticed the thing with the skull. I would guess that it mirrors her expressions and moods.