Dangerously Chloe 8-03-18 Get Out of My Life

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Maelphaxerazz

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-03-18 Get Out of My Life

Post by Maelphaxerazz »

It still holds true that all the justifications for Pandora living there come some time after she started living there. Which raises the question of why he didn't throw her out on day one. :-\

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

See? This webcomic is Serious Business to some people! :P

Looking ahead a bit...

Here’s the bigger problem. Teddi is angry right now. Later, she won’t be, and she’s going to regret this. A lot.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yeah - but he'll 'see the light', as it were, find her and make amends. And Chloe, romantic sap that she can be, will forgive him. And then they'll make sweet, sweet love - Teddy will live, Chloe will live and everything will be hunky dory.

My kingdom to have Chloe tell him to take a long walk off of a short pier after the stunt he just pulled on her.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe -- if pigs fly -- Chloe will actually have an epiphany that yes, she's a hazard the way she is, and she needs to change somehow. That syringe full of angel's blood might be seeing a different use than everyone's been expecting so far...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'm hoping she runs home to her mother. It would be nice to see Adora, again.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:07 pm
Maybe -- if pigs fly -- Chloe will actually have an epiphany that yes, she's a hazard the way she is, and she needs to change somehow.
She already did (sorta). Except she's gotten worse, rather than better. :-??

Chloe may as well be an ifrit at this point, 'cuz she's better at it than Laura.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

In your opinion - how is Chloe worse off than she was?

The way I see it, she has her transformation ability in check, she can feed off of mortals without killing them (having sex with one is another thing, entirely). The only thing she's bad at is doing good deeds (she's always well meaning, but it always backfires).

Pay in mind - I'm ignoring the Doompanties arc and referring to when she first hit puberty (when she was an absolute disaster); as the Doompanties were very obviously corrupting her/changing her into something she initially wasn't (look how quickly she went from sweet natured to malicious, as an example. If it was a natural change, it would have happened gradually; not within a few minutes).

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She's worse off in that she's under the eye of Slash-Stab, certainly.
That, and she has a sitcom arch nemesis.
And worse, her 'best friend' is Pandora. =_=
In short, she's worse off because she knows more succubi now, they know her, and they pop into her life whenever they feel like it and cause even more rank misery than her own capacity for ******* things up.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 pm
In your opinion - how is Chloe worse off than she was?
Because she still can't properly control her powers, yet.

Think about that "jumpstart" she tried to give Jacqui. She wound up overdoing it, causing Jacqui to go from having no interest in boys to instantly being boy crazy. Not to mention, that she inadvertently travelled back in time while simply searching the neighborhood for her. Chloe didn't realize her mistake until she noticed Mel and Jacqui were kids.

Chloe also said the point of transferring to Tartarus was so she'd no longer be a danger to her friends, except she still is. She's almost killed Teddy, impulsively attacked a pair of slayers in public (where anyone could have seen them), and dragged a 12 year old to Hell. For her, Hell might be home sweet home, but for most mortals, it's a place no one in their right mind even wants to visit. Even Nina knew better and she's a ditz.

The transfer hasn't helped.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I blame Tartarus U. for the latter, at least in part.
As an evil military academy, it would have done its best to instil in the students the belief that what goes on there is what is right and normal, and that the students should do as they are taught and accept the authority of their superiors as absolute.
Chloe should have known better. But she's had it drilled into her mind that Tartarus U. is home base, and her superiors are to be obeyed.

Maelphaxerazz

Post by Maelphaxerazz »

lordoffiling wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 pm
See? This webcomic is Serious Business to some people! :P
Damn right it is! :|
Fluffy wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:57 pm
Chapters don't matter for beans - as, comic time wise, it's only been a few weeks/months since Teddy made that impromptu unholy pact.
You are right, and for that reason I decided to make a rough timeline of this comic so far. We have one fixed date to associate with this comic: chapter 11 happened on Friday, February 14 (never mind everybody is walking around in summer attire in February, it must be a warm winter). With that in mind, I estimate that this comic's timeline starts on the first of February and is currently on the ninth of March.
  • Saturday 01-Feb Chapter 1 Teddy breaks into a museum
  • Sunday 02-Feb Chapter 2 & 3 Happened "a few weeks" prior to chapter 6, according to page 116 - but I'm going to discount that, as this scene is all about time travel shenanagins and Hell is known to have variably-flowing time in this setting.
  • Monday 03-Feb Chapter 4 Chloe becomes a french teacher, tries to set up Teddy with Triana, fails
  • Tuesday 04-Feb
  • Wednesday 05-Feb Chapter 5 Pandy and the Angels' introduction.
  • Thursday 06-Feb Chapter 6 Teddy spends a sick day as Chloe, and Chloe fills in for him in school. As a result, Naomi suspects that Teddy is an alien.
  • Friday 07-Feb Chapter 7 Teddy goes on a date with Naomi. (Part of Chapter 10 also falls on this day)
  • Saturday 08-Feb
  • Sunday 09-Feb
  • Monday 10-Feb Chapter 8 Chloe kills Teddy. He gets better.
  • Tuesday 11-Feb Chapter 9 Chloe & Pandy talk to Abby about sex, apparently oblivious to the fact that humans don't work like succubi. Everybody's outfit is different from chapter before and after, so likely different day
  • Wednesday 12-Feb Chapter 10 Naomi & Prudence spy on Teddy while Teddy gets ice cream
  • Thursday 13-Feb
  • Friday 14-Feb Chapter 11 Valentine's Day. Chloe ruins Teddy's date on purpose.
  • Saturday 15-Feb Chapter 12 Weekend In Hell
  • Sunday 16-Feb
  • Monday 17-Feb Chapter 13 Morning - Naomi High on Life, Afternoon - Handjob, Evening - Chloe Breaks a Door
  • Tuesday 18-Feb
  • Wednesday 19-Feb
  • Thursday 20-Feb
  • Friday 21-Feb Chapter 14 Chloe almost kills Teddy, Teddy turns into a girl
  • Saturday 22-Feb Chapter 14-16 Abby in Heaven, Teddy & Alchemy have drama, Teddy makes promise to Chloe to find her a "boyfriend"
  • Sunday 23-Feb
  • Monday 24-Feb Chapter 17 Teddi's Debut @ School. Must be on a Monday, as Naomi calls it. Evening - Boring Date
  • Tuesday 25-Feb Teddi dates the whole student body
  • Wednesday 26-Feb Teddi dates the whole student body
  • Thursday 27-Feb Teddi dates the whole student body
  • Friday 28-Feb Chapter 18 Fight with Bullies, Gabrielle being Gabrielle
  • Saturday 01-Mar Chapter 19 Morning - Lance Marries Pandora, Day - Chloe Wrasslin', Teddi Beign a Lesbian, Evening - Chloe Scritching in the Night
  • Sunday 02-Mar
  • Monday 03-Mar Chapter 19 Morning - Walk Into Shower, Breakfast Makeouts, Day - Angry Drawing in Class, Evening - Chloe punches wall Night - Teddy starts stripping
  • Tuesday 04-Mar Chapter 19 Morning - Water Slide, Day - Lance @ Strip Club, Evening - Banged Yo Mama
  • Wednesday 05-Mar Chapter 20 "Busted" start
  • Thursday 06-Mar Teddi goes on a sex rampage
  • Friday 07-Mar The Sex Rampage Continues
  • Saturday 08-Mar Chapter 20 Evening - Pandora tests Sex Rampage winner, finds him wanting, Night- Al
  • Sunday 09-Mar Chapter 20 Morning - Gabrielle's Jog; Day - Chloe and the Artemisans Fight; Evening-never see you again
This probably needs a bunch of corrections, though.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:07 pm
Maybe -- if pigs fly -- Chloe will actually have an epiphany that yes, she's a hazard the way she is, and she needs to change somehow. That syringe full of angel's blood might be seeing a different use than everyone's been expecting so far...
There was a Kickstarter special postcard with Lucretia trying to pull Chloe into hell and Charity trying to pull her into heaven. Could be irrelevant, but maybe it’s foreshadowing.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Fingers crossed...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:29 am

There was a Kickstarter special postcard with Lucretia trying to pull Chloe into hell and Charity trying to pull her into heaven. Could be irrelevant, but maybe it’s foreshadowing.
I always assumed those two had to be twins - given how much they look alike. And it would be just like siblings to fight over a mutually 'loved' toy.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Is it just me or does anyone else want Teddi to go back to being a boy?