Dangerously Chloe 8-03-18 Get Out of My Life

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-03-18 Get Out of My Life

Post by Error of Logic »

All I'm going to say is: I think Abigail is going to be in some emotional turmoil of her own.
The big change just got ruined for her, and if she has any sense left, she's going to realize she just upset the relationship between the two people she supposedly loves the most.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:54 am

True, but she's legally married to Teddi's father so eviction is unlikely.
She currently screwing someone that isn't Lance, so she's not that attached to him.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

^ The point is that she would have some legal protection against eviction, and even if she isn't attached to Lance, she will make use of him and his influence if necessary.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

Passing Through wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:30 am
Now there's something that should have been done years ago. Odd timing with the smiling Pandora... presumably she's off fetching angel blood, but... it's still a bit weird.
I don't think the person at bottom right is Pandora: the hair is on the wrong side, the mole is on the wrong side and at the wrong height, and the lip color is different. It looks more like Slash-Stab, even though her hair usually curls slightly differently.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Hope those boobs were worth it, Abby! Next time, read the fine print! X(

And I don't know which pisses me off more - the fact that, after everything he's done to others, Teddy is acting like a sanctimonious prick, that he isn't giving Chloe a chance to explain herself over something he knows (or should damned well know by this point) that Chloe would never would never do deliberately, or the fact that Chloe is allowing herself to be kowtowed into taking the blame for events his precious brat of a sister started in the first place.

So, will Abby - who's hearing all this - get her sorry magically imbued ass cheeks down those stairs and defend her supposed idol? Or is she just going to stay in her room and cower because - God forbid! - Teddy direct his anger at the one who caused all this recent mess? (betting the latter because - again - stupid twelve year old).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am
^ The point is that she would have some legal protection against eviction, and even if she isn't attached to Lance, she will make use of him and his influence if necessary.
Considering she has no earthly ID, her legal options are rather limited. It's a moot point anyway, Pandora's reason for staying was Chloe.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 am

So, will Abby - who's hearing all this - get her sorry magically imbued ass cheeks down those stairs and defend her supposed idol?
I speculate that we’re not seeing Abby “hearing all this” in her panel.

If she heard her brother kicking Chloe—the big sister figure who she loves—out of the house, I believe she’d come out and try to stop him.

She looks to me more like she’s clutching head rather than covering her ears. I think this is foreshadowing the price she’s gonna have to pay for suddenly becoming a full-grown, all-power-unlocked succubus.

I submit to you the grin of the Puppet Master Ilsa in the final panel. The cat just caught the canary.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Teddy has been self-sacrificing to a large extent - but he's also been very protective of Abby. As long as he was the one who was being affected, he shut up and generally took it, but this was over the line for him.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Oh, really?! Now? Now you want to pull the rug out from under us with a big breakup moment between the central couple?!

Oh, Dave Lumsdon, it's way too late for that. In order for this scene to really resonate with the audience, you need protagonists they care about or like. And as you may have noticed, most of us vocal readers don't do either for most of the central cast. If you had done something like this years ago when the comic still had likable characters whose obvious emotional anguish is caused by these events would have meant something to everyone who read about it, that would be different. Then, it would have felt like a legitimate tragedy and we would generally be sad about it.

But no. You waited until now. And between now and the point where this might have been an honest-to-God interesting and tragic plot development, you shot yourself in the foot by not making sure we had protagonists most of the audience liked or cared about. You hamstringed the emotional impact of one of the easiest ways to create genuine drama in a work by having each character make a string of stupid-ass decisions that made it impossible to feel sympathy for the consequences of their actions. You have failed to provoke from your audience the reaction you were going for, because one of these characters is a sanctimonious, self-righteous hypocrite, one is a brat kid with stupidity rivaling that of a camel and one is so naive and barely able to do anything without fucking up somehow. Joke all you want about Roman Polanski imitating the villain in Chinatown, but at least when he wrote an ending where the bad guys won, the good guys lost and there was nothing anyone could do about it, it meant something because the audience actually cared about the people who suffered. Here... I don't give a fuck about any of the jackasses we're supposed to root for in this comic, and therefore this big emotional throwdown means nothing to me.

Heheh. Man, all that would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. *beat* Oh, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

To be honest, I feel bad for Chloe - only because she's getting chewed out for protecting Teddy's boob obsessed dimwit of a baby sister. Hell, everything she's done was to help Teddy - only she's the klutz of the succubus world, so all her plans end up blowing up in her face (the only exception being getting Teddy a girlfriend - where she deliberately sabotaged a budding relationship between himself and Triana due to selfish reasons).
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 am

So, will Abby - who's hearing all this - get her sorry magically imbued ass cheeks down those stairs and defend her supposed idol?
I speculate that we’re not seeing Abby “hearing all this” in her panel.

If she heard her brother kicking Chloe—the big sister figure who she loves—out of the house, I believe she’d come out and try to stop him.
Seeing as Pandora needs to come back into the story; my guess is that Abby is going to remain hiding away in her room when Pandora arrives with the angel blood in hand. When Teddy informs her that the mission was for naught and that Chloe was evicted; Pandora will be the one to blast him one for not only abandoning Chloe, but for making her waste her own time/risking her own life by infiltrating Heaven in order grab the blood to help with his 'honorable' plan to become the ultimate man and bone the girl he just evicted from his life.
She looks to me more like she’s clutching head rather than covering her ears. I think this is foreshadowing the price she’s gonna have to pay for suddenly becoming a full-grown, all-power-unlocked succubus.
Nope - Abby's very much covering her ears (if she were clutching her head, her hands would be higher up and her ears would be visible).

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Was it explained why Chloe stopped feeling what Teddy felt? iirc she showed no reaction his sleeping with various men and women, unlike that time he got a handy as a guy.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Actually, Chloe did feel/was affected by all those romps Teddy has had - Pandora was the one who explained that all the sex Teddy was getting was essentially working like a vitamin booster for Chloe as she fed off the sexual energy through the link they shared.

Visible evidence of this was Chloe murmuring happily in her sleep while Teddy and Al were fooling around in another room.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

So. Who wants to bet this was all part of a master plan on Slash-Stab's part to strip Chloe of her capacity for compassion by fomenting hatred between her and Teddi/y?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:52 pm
most of us vocal readers
See what you wrote right there? Those five words took all meaning away from the rest of your post.

Of the thousands of people who read the comic, like... twelve come to these forums regularly, and we are all nutjobs. The idea that Dave might care what we think about his work is just silly.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

This might have been a good idea a few chapters ago, but I'm pretty sure he needs chloes help changing her back. Pandora is basically evil and would make it worse.