Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Fluffy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Yeah - but how much a care giver has Teddy been since becoming a girl? He seems have switched his focus from keeping an eye on his sister to leaving her in the custody of two demons (one accident prone, the other a notorious trickster) while on his quest to 'save Chloe' - and I use that term loosely, as Teddy seemed to need the occasional reminder of Chloe's condition, due to his repeated distractions via sexy times.

Chloe may have been the one to take Abby to a place that resulted her in current condition, but given Teddy is well aware of how unreliable Chloe is (based on her past efforts in helping others), he is far from guiltless in this situation.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5445
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Error of Logic » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

True.
Though I put Teddi's recent absence down to a combination of Lance's temporary presence and fear for her life and soul due to Chloe going on a rampage at night.
Not to mention the character decay.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant
Posts: 7139
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by BlairFan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:33 pm

What a lovely idea Abby has for Xmas photos They should make a stack of them! ;))

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Fluffy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm

No matter how she looks, Abby is still twelve. Never forget that.
Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm
True.
Though I put Teddi's recent absence down to a combination of Lance's temporary presence and fear for her life and soul due to Chloe going on a rampage at night.
Not to mention the character decay.
Yeah, but Teddy's shift in priorities happened well before Lance wandered back into their lives and Pandora's sexy times with Daddy Dearest made Chloe an immediate threat to Teddy's well being.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5445
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Error of Logic » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Character decay it is!
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Gotoh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:19 pm
Tandy and Gabrielle may have believed Abby's story; but there's no guarantee that the faculty would have been so easily convinced.
The faculty and student elite have at least shown a willingness to verify whether something is truthful before acting on it.

Someone on AA's faculty helped facilitate the Hellrunes transfer to Artemis. It's even possible that it might've been their principal, because it was subtly implied she might've known the Hellrunes were witches and chose to monitor them, rather them expose them.

Faith took a similar approach once Cerise revealed they were witches, by telling the student council she'd have them tested first to determine whether Cerise was telling the truth. So Tandy and Gabrielle had good reason to believe the headmaster would at least give Abby a chance first.
dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm
Unlike us, Chloe hasn't had a chance to see Artemis Academy so all she knows about it is based on her limited interaction with Tandy and Gaby who, let's not forget, had only just finished threatening Chloe with removing her head using a dagger.
Which might not have happened if Chloe hadn't attacked them. They had already said they were letting Abby off with a warning. If Chloe hadn't lunged at them, Tandy and Gabrielle wouldn't have know she was a succubus. So, of course, they retaliated.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by dmra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 pm

It's still the case that they were willing to behead Chloe in cold blood until Abby pleaded for her life.

I don't know what happens in your world but I don't think I'd be happy letting any little girl get taken away by a couple of teenagers who think they have the right to act as judge jury and executioner (literally in this case) on other sentient beings and who you have no other information about.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5445
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Error of Logic » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:26 pm

In fairness, the average succubus -- as we have seen them! -- is a vicious parasite, perfectly happy to destroy relationships and kill to satisfy their own hunger -- a hunger they needn't feel if they stayed out of our world.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Gotoh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 pm

dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 pm
It's still the case that they were willing to behead Chloe in cold blood until Abby pleaded for her life.
Cold blood, or self-defense? :-\

You also have to consider what the AA students are being trained for: they're supernatural law enforcement, which is why they're said to be a school of heroines.
dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 pm
I don't know what happens in your world but I don't think I'd be happy letting any little girl get taken away by a couple of teenagers who think they have the right to act as judge jury and executioner (literally in this case) on other sentient beings and who you have no other information about.
The AA students are no different than the students at Beacon Academy. One group is trained to hunt cryptids, the other hunts Grimm, and both have the same goal: to protect humanity.

We also have confirmation that AA's stance on cryptids isn't unwarranted, because most of them eat humans. The ones like Layla and her friends are among the few exceptions. So under the circumstances, yes, I'd trust the AA students.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by dmra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm

It's always been mildly frustrating for me that it's never been made clear exactly what status monster hunters and cryptids enjoy in the C verse. We know that there are schools for both but don't know what that really means for human/cryptid relations. Clearly most of the people at AA seem to think that they're entitled to go out and kill any monster they come across (admittedly generally played for laughs with Tiff) but it seems a bit unlikely that school children would really be given that kind of power. Let alone what the injury/mortality rate must be for inexperienced kids facing down the likes of vampires. witches and werewolves.

And apart from the Siren in the Tiff spin-off I'm struggling to remember any modern day monster character that has actually killed somebody or been accused of doing so. Although I do seem to remember disposing of corpses being talked about in succubus class so who knows?

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by dmra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm

[/quote]

Cold blood, or self-defense? :-\

You also have to consider what the AA students are being trained for: they're supernatural law enforcement, which is why they're said to be a school of heroines.

We also have confirmation that AA's stance on cryptids isn't unwarranted, because most of them eat humans. The ones like Layla and her friends are among the few exceptions. So under the circumstances, yes, I'd trust the AA students.
[/quote]

Given that Chloe was helplessly trapped in a net at the time and posed no obvious threat I think I'd go with cold blood.

As I posted are we actually sure that they are being trained for "supernatural law enforcement"? I can't recall the precise legal status of Artemis Academy ever being stated. For all we know they're vigilantes operating completely outside the law. Which might seem justified to some people but isn't quite the same as being legitimate upholders of the law.

And since at least one AA student seems to be motivated more by sadism (acknowledged even by her colleagues) than any desire to uphold the law or protect humanity I'm really not sure that I'd trust AA students one inch.

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Gotoh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm

dmra: The only known casualties ever mentioned were: Musical Starlight who went missing after her fight with Queen Obscura, and Stephanie Kane said her parents* were killed by cryptids. But it isn't hard to imagine there's probably been more than a few others.

Granted, the first report is false, but as far as the public is aware, MS is presumed dead. And the part about Steph's parents only applies to PMS' canon.

The part that gets me is, how is it that public remains unaware that cryptids and human espers, magic users, etc. exist when there's video evidence of Montreal being invaded by demonic forces, which were repelled by a magical girl? Fluffy theorized they might've used some sort of MIB mindwipe but, while I'll admit it's possible, it still bothers me that were never given an official explanation.

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by Gotoh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 pm

dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm
Given that Chloe was helplessly trapped in a net at the time and posed no obvious threat I think I'd go with cold blood.
If you were in their place, would you turn a crazed Hellspawn loose? Or would you finish her off to ensure she couldn't endanger anyone else?

Yet, they were still willing to let Chloe go after hearing what happened from Abby.
dmra wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm
As I posted are we actually sure that they are being trained for "supernatural law enforcement"? I can't recall the precise legal status of Artemis Academy ever being stated.
According to Tiff, Faith, and the comic's editor, that seems to be the gist of it.

User avatar
otaku247
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by otaku247 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:58 pm
Which might not have happened if Chloe hadn't attacked them. They had already said they were letting Abby off with a warning. If Chloe hadn't lunged at them, Tandy and Gabrielle wouldn't have know she was a succubus. So, of course, they retaliated.
Whilst its not clear i think the top 3 panels in that reference are read clockwise, ending with the one where Abby is directly threatened with something pointy under the chin, which naturally makes her fearful, and its Chloe's motherly protection instincts kicking in again that make her spring into action.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 5-03-18 Go to Your Room

Post by dmra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Do you think cops should be able to shoot dangerous criminals while they're in handcuffs?

Is it actually that implausible that whoever is arranging for the training of the Artemis and Apollo Academy students might have some means of holding prisoners?

Neither of the two links says anything about who is training them and why. Whoever it was didn't seem to be doing a good job of selecting candidates (Gabrielle's sadism seems to have slipped their notice) or monitoring them while they were being trained (Faith's influence over the student body thanks to her link to the school might make her seem pretty monstrous in some people's eyes) not to mention letting inexperienced students go out on their own recognisance without taking more experience colleagues with them..

So we're still none the wiser about what kind of legal powers and authority the monster hunters have if any. And and I said before they seem to think they have carte blanche to kill any cryptids they come across without involving any formal legal process. Which would seem to suggest more vigilante than sanctioned law enforcement.

And on your point about the Montreal thing I don't think we ever will find out the answer to that or to questions about the status of the monster hunters. I suspect the creators either don't think they're important or can't come up with good enough answers that won't just lead to more questions.

Rather how in Dr Who it became almost a running joke that nobody ever remembered any of the frequent (especially at Christmas) alien invasions.

Post Reply