Dangerously Chloe 1-03-18 Just Like You

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-03-18 Just Like You

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 am
I think that second page you linked to only refers to the cheating.
Chloe says (quote): "Those things they said... I made them happen!"

If she was only talking about causing the divorce, the part about Jacqui wouldn't have been included in the panel.

Richie

Post by Richie »

Analyzing this comic to the last letter seems to me a bit too much. A comic is ongoing fantasy series for which a writer makes decissions to continue the story (to his liking). These are not always logical or convenient for readers.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Nobody said it was.

However, a reader has every right to critique/analyze what the writer chooses to publish; it's an unavoidable part of any creative process. What the writer chooses to do with the criticism they receive is entirely up to them.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 am
brasca wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:35 am
Do you recall that Teddi ran away from home on account of Pandora?
And he should have taken Abby with him, instead of leaving her behind with a literal Hellspawn.
Run away with Abby? You do realize that Teddi doesn't look like Teddy anymore? In fact during the whole charade with Lance DeCarlo that prompted Teddi's departure Chloe impersonated Teddy and vice versa. If Teddi left with Abby Lance would call the police and the only way Teddi wouldn't end up in jail is the pheromones would enthrall the cops. Of course it would all come to nothing because Abby has a will of her own in case you didn't notice and would run away the first chance she got.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
And that one of Teddi’s girlfriends introduced him to the profession because it was lucrative? Do you seriously think a runaway could make ends meet with honest work?

Yes, some are even self-made millionaires. But there are just as many who get by on a regular salary, while still raising their siblings.
Yes because a regular salary at McDonald's would pay for everything.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Stripping was actually one of the smarter things Teddi has done.
In what way? Look at what it's done for his reputation, or the fact that he has to hide what he's been doing from his sister.
Considering that Teddi was making enough money to stay in a luxury hotel and could've paid for college I'd say it was very smart indeed.

And you really haven't adequately answered my question as to how you would've made better decisions if you were in Teddi's shoes.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:57 am
Run away with Abby?
Yes, unless you think leaving her with Pandora and Chloe was better?
brasca wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 1970 10:22 pm
Did you see any of those kids in those links working at a McDonald's? There are plenty of jobs that pay well enough for a highschooler to live on their own. Plenty have done it.
brasca wrote:
Considering that Teddi was making enough money to stay in a luxury hotel and could've paid for college I'd say it was very smart indeed.
So, in your opinion, money matters more than his dignity?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 am
I think that second page you linked to only refers to the cheating.
Chloe says (quote): "Those things they said... I made them happen!"

If she was only talking about causing the divorce, the part about Jacqui wouldn't have been included in the panel.
But the only thing mentioned about Jacqui on that page is that she did not feel any attraction towards Teddy. And Chloe certainly did not do anything to cause that.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:10 am
Nobody said it was.

However, a reader has every right to critique/analyze what the writer chooses to publish; it's an unavoidable part of any creative process. What the writer chooses to do with the criticism they receive is entirely up to them.
In fact, most creators prefer this to indifference.

Shaitan051

Post by Shaitan051 »

What you guys are talking about? He is not blaming Chloe for his actions. :-L
He's thinking about all the things he's done to try to help her and how low he has sunk. He knows damn well what he was doing and he hates what he has become. Now, thanks to Chloe, Abby is "Just like him".
Getting the distinct impression a lot of people are using his rather reasonable anger as justification for a their pre-existing dislike for Teddi.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:05 am
MissMadness wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:07 am
Teddi thoughts seem to translate to "Just like you aka a massive slut that has to strip for money not something I want for my little sister." The reason why he's pissed at Chloe, is that there is no way in his mind that Abby could have ended up like that unless another demon was involved and since he was with Pandora that only leaves Chloe.
Which would still be a BS reason for Teddy to be pissed at Chloe considering - out of the three of them (Chloe, Teddy and Pandora) - Chloe is the best influence out of them.
Being the best influence means squat when Chloe's good intentions have on more then one occassion lead to horrible things happening. Abby becoming a full demon is one of those horrible things and Chloe was involved in that happening no matter how much you want to spin this.
Shaitan051 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:34 pm
What you guys are talking about? He is not blaming Chloe for his actions. :-L
He's thinking about all the things he's done to try to help her and how low he has sunk. He knows damn well what he was doing and he hates what he has become. Now, thanks to Chloe, Abby is "Just like him".
Getting the distinct impression a lot of people are using his rather reasonable anger as justification for a their pre-existing dislike for Teddi.
This^

If you guys want to shit on Teddi sure go ahead. Teddi might not know the full story but why is it unreasonable for him to be rightfully mad over this.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

MissMadness wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:03 pm
If you guys want to shit on Teddi sure go ahead. Teddi might not know the full story but why is it unreasonable for him to be rightfully mad over this.
Gotoh wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:46 pm
it's hypocritical of him to get upset with Chloe, when Teddy's not only doing it himself, he previously said he wished Abby could share the same experience. Except now, he's going back on that because of what that experience includes.
^That's why.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm fairly sure Teddi did not mean (s)he wanted for Abby to go through the whole sexfest she surrendered to for Chloe's sake (and later because of character decay), just that she would get the experience of belonging to the opposite gender -- preferably for a fixed period. Which Abby is not doing right now. Instead, she went from doofus kid to doofus succubus -- in the mortal realm, which means she will need to start feeding -- unlike Teddi, who is only part-succubus, enough to get some assets, some appetites and some freaky pheromones, but not enough to need to suck the life out of others. Teddi dodged the bullet there. Abby has not.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:23 pm
I'm fairly sure Teddi did not mean (s)he wanted for Abby to go through the whole sexfest she surrendered to for Chloe's sake (and later because of character decay), just that she would get the experience of belonging to the opposite gender
Perhaps not, but Teddy's still been enjoying it and reaping the benefits it's given him.

I'm not blaming him for how and why Abby became a succubus (that's on Chloe for bringing her to Slash Stab and Abby's own fault for being so eager to sign up).

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Teddi also said "When she's my age" She's still a few years off from being his age :p

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 am
brasca wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:57 am
Run away with Abby?
Yes, unless you think leaving her with Pandora and Chloe was better?
Staying there certainly has it's drawbacks, but as I previously stated there is no way Teddi could runaway with Abby. Such a plan would collapse within a week so it really isn't a better alternative.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Did you see any of those kids in those links working at a McDonald's? There are plenty of jobs that pay well enough for a highschooler to live on their own. Plenty have done it.
A high schooler taking care of their kid sister who appear to go to a private school? Now maybe Canada's McDonald's pays better, but here in the United States such a job is only lucrative if the employee still lives with their parents who fulfill most of their cost of living needs.

I know this is a fantasy, but Teddi affording a modest apartment for them to live while paying for tuition would be completely unbelievable.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
So, in your opinion, money matters more than his dignity?
Not everyone shares the same low opinion of exotic dancing that you do. Some people can do that night after night until they get what they need or they get too old. They consider the alternatives which may afford them some amount of "dignity," but compel them to do things that make them just as uncomfortable if not more so and choose pole dancing. Since the change Teddi has enjoyed most of the attention coming her way so this really wasn't a terrible hardship.

Perhaps Teddi should've researched everything that could be found about the supernatural to locate a suitable sex partner for Chloe, but where could that information be found? Pandora only does what she does if it's good for a laugh, and Chloe has been moping around ever since her need to mate was activated. Yes, choosing a high schooler to punch Chloe's V-card wasn't a good idea, but there really weren't any alternatives given the circumstances and at least Teddi was actively trying to save her life.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:08 am
A high schooler taking care of their kid sister who appear to go to a private school?
Since when does either of them attend a private school?
brasca wrote:
Now maybe Canada's McDonald's pays better.
Again, I'm not talking about McDonald's.
brasca wrote:
I know this is a fantasy, but Teddi affording a modest apartment for them to live while paying for tuition would be completely unbelievable.
I've already linked to multiple examples of highschool students Teddy's age that are already earning millions in real life. So how is it unbelievable, when there's proof of teenagers that have done it?
brasca wrote:
Not everyone shares the same low opinion of exotic dancing that you do.
That's Teddy's own opinion of it, which is why he doesn't want Abby to know what he's been doing. And it's the reason his name's being written in bathroom stalls for anyone looking for an easy lay. Or are you saying none of that's happened?