Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Gotham

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Mandy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:47 am

She's not ripe. Note the horns. It took years for Chloe to develop her horns and become "ripe" after leaving for Tartarus. The writers aren't going to have Abby start sleeping around. At least wait for something to actually happen before you get offended. Geez.

Honestly, y'all remind me of the crazies who say that video games make people into murderers.

Meh. These debates just boil down to:.
Person 1: "I fell negative things about this!"
Person 2: "but logically this strip doesn't actually do anything negative, so why are you freaking out?"
Person 1: "I still feel things and screw logic."
Person 2: *gets offended*

The whole thing is giving me ptsd flashbacks of trying to explain neurological development to anti-abortionists.
Last edited by Mandy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Kisai
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:37 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Kisai » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:22 am

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 pm
Kisai wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 pm
Really every time someone goes "think of the children", they really mean "let me be the thought police"

So fixating on the the age of a fictional, magical, character, in a story that has time travel seems to completely miss how the story universe works.
I'd argue that suggesting readers should be okay with that sort of thing, simply because it's a work of fiction, completely misses how most people think and why. It has nothing to do with being the 'thought police' and has entirely to do with what each person considers acceptable.
It does however not change the fact that it's fiction, and you don't have to like it. The problem in the forum right now are people making broad generalizations that the plot car is heading to squicky town from a crappy hentai comic.

There is a deus ex machina available in the comic already that can undo everything called time travel, if Chloe remembers about it. It can also be used to handwave away everything if they want to keep the plot on course to some collision between Teddy-supernatural-soup and Abby-supernatural-wishfullfillment.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5448
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:10 am

Richie wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:45 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 pm
The good...?
Exactly what is good about being transformed into a parasite?
It's fiction, fantasy. If you don't see the difference between fiction and reality I advice to look for a professional. Never watch a Horror movie or Disney's Cinderella or Harry Potter. Don't ever take a step outside your home to preserve your sight of the world.
In spite of your insult, I can see that difference quite well.
This is, however, a forum meant to give us a place to discuss said work of fiction. Rather than make unsolicited personal attacks when questioned, perhaps you should consider building a coherent argument to support your statement?
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 am

Mandy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:47 am
She's not ripe. Note the horns.
Abby's horns look almost exactly the same size as Pandora's. Who seems to be plenty "ripe" enough even for a succubus.

Richie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Richie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 am

In spite of your insult, I can see that difference quite well.
This is, however, a forum meant to give us a place to discuss said work of fiction. Rather than make unsolicited personal attacks when questioned, perhaps you should consider building a coherent argument to support your statement?
[/quote]

I did respond with arguments before, but you didn't read them well. You only took a part of my post. Some people who want to win a discussion take only a part out of the argument.
Beside you sound like Abby is your child, someone who cannot be touched, not even by the artist.

User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Gotham

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Mandy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm

dmra wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 am
Abby's horns look almost exactly the same size as Pandora's. Who seems to be plenty "ripe" enough even for a succubus.
Pandora isn't really one to respect authority. She ran off and had sex with an angel. That isn't exactly ideally how hell would have had her lose her virginity. I don't think that Pandora waited for Ilsa to tell her that she was 'ripe'. She just took matters into her own hands and had sex long before her health necessitated it.
Last edited by Mandy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3180
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Fluffy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 pm

And who has been Abby's best bud since she made the scene? Oh, right! Pandora!

Abby may look up to Chloe, but Pandy is her bestie. Pretty sure once Pandora finds out about Abby's little growth spurt; she'll be encouraging her and Abby - being the idiot pre-teen she is - won't question her much.
Richie wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 am
Beside you sound like Abby is your child, someone who cannot be touched, not even by the artist.
It's still a child being depicted in a sexualized manner. Most rational people will naturally react negatively to that, whether the child is real or entirely a work of fiction.
Kisai wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:22 am


It does however not change the fact that it's fiction, and you don't have to like it. The problem in the forum right now are people making broad generalizations that the plot car is heading to squicky town from a crappy hentai comic.
The only reason people are making 'broad generalizations' is because this comic has become nothing but a crappy hentai comic - just with the naughty bits barely censored; it's been that way since the conclusion of the Valentine's Day arc - where the attention switched from Chloe to Teddy's sexual misadventures.

There is a deus ex machina available in the comic already that can undo everything called time travel, if Chloe remembers about it. It can also be used to handwave away everything if they want to keep the plot on course to some collision between Teddy-supernatural-soup and Abby-supernatural-wishfullfillment.
The point is that it shouldn't even get to that point; because even if Chloe recalled her time traveling ability to erase all the squick that has (or may) happened, though the mortals will forget what happened, the readers won't.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Mandy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm
dmra wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 am
Abby's horns look almost exactly the same size as Pandora's. Who seems to be plenty "ripe" enough even for a succubus.
Pandora isn't really one to respect authority. She ran off and had sex with an angel. That isn't exactly ideally how hell would have had her lose her virginity. I don't think that Pandora waited for Ilsa to tell her that she was 'ripe'. She just took matters into her own hands and had sex long before her health necessitated it.
The point you were making is that Abby's horns were small so she wouldn't be engaging in sexual activity. I was just pointing out that they were the same size as Pandora's who is hardly a practising celibate.

And I suspect Hell would actually quite like the idea of one of it's subjects corrupting an angel.

User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Gotham

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Mandy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 pm

The point I was making is that her health wouldn't necessitate her having sex, so I think some people are jumping the shark by acting like the authors are definitely going to have her have sex with a bunch of people while still having a pre-teen's mind. Also, some people were talking about these hypothetical storylines where Abby has to have sex right now or die, which is shark jumping. At this point, we've only seen a Nina-esque transformation into a tall, busty woman. We have yet to see where the authors will go with it.
Last edited by Mandy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5448
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Richie wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 am
Error of Logic wrote: In spite of your insult, I can see that difference quite well.
This is, however, a forum meant to give us a place to discuss said work of fiction. Rather than make unsolicited personal attacks when questioned, perhaps you should consider building a coherent argument to support your statement?
I did respond with arguments before, but you didn't read them well. You only took a part of my post. Some people who want to win a discussion take only a part out of the argument.
Beside you sound like Abby is your child, someone who cannot be touched, not even by the artist.
Let's see, then. Your full post was:
Richie wrote:Finally a turn for the good. This story is all about supernatural beings. It started with Chloe the Succubus and everyone loved it. She's still alive after all these years. Abby choose to be a Succubus too and I don't blame her. Teddy loved it to be Chloe's twin and still doesn't want to be dull old teddy. It's like criticize the new Star Wars, Star Trek Discovery or the female Doctor Who. Lot of the traditional fans dislike it, but even more new audience like the films. Don't become a grumpy old person and open your mind for new storylines. This one will be good too.
Okay. Yes, the comic is about supernatural beings. Indeed, people started out happy to see what had become of Chloe, who was one of the most likeable characters in E.C.. Yes, Teddi started enjoying the sex she got due to the body morph. Then some broad comparisons about other fandoms, a rather snide remark, and your personal opinion that the coming storyline will be good.

Where is your argument to support your opinion that this latest transformation will be 100% good and that being turned into a parasite is good supposed to be?
Chloe is still around, yes, but the peculiarities of succubus biology have left her in mortal peril unless she is willing to start murdering people. To forestal a possible counter, it might only need to be one person in her whole eternal existence, but she is still stuck as a parasite; obliged to feed off of humans for her very survival.
Unless Abigail has somehow been fast-forwarded past that stage, the same goes for her. She was not raised by succubi to see this as normal and natural. Remember her reaction when learning of the birds and the bees, succubus-style? Moreover, Hell has been shown to be a deeply unpleasant region, where bad things happen not just to the damned, but also to any subordinate who puts a toe wrong with their superiors, and Abigail has just signed up to join the forces of Tartarus. Slash-Stab owns her.

In closing, as to your accusation that
Beside you sound like Abby is your child, someone who cannot be touched, not even by the artist.
. What the heck? =_=
I have not said that the comic's creators cannot and should not do what they want with their intellectual property. But if a story is made freely available, as is a discussion forum, I do have the right to give my opinion about the story.
Last edited by Error of Logic on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Mandy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 pm
The point I was making is that her health wouldn't necessitate her having sex, so I think some people are jumping the shark by acting like the authors are definitely going to have her have sex with a bunch of people while still having a pre-teen's mind. Also, some people were talking about these hypothetical storylines where Abby has to have sex right now or die, which is shark jumping. At this point, we've only seen a Nina-esque transformation into a tall, busty woman. We have yet to see where the authors will go with it.
Well we know from Chloe's situation that eventually a succubus does need to have sex if they want to survive so I can see why some people are worried that the story might go down that direction. There's also the question of succubi needing to consume some sexual energy even if they don't engage in full sex.

Personally I can see this story arc going in lots of different directions so like you I think it's too early to judge yet which one the writers will choose. Based on the way the Teddi arc went I'm not necessarily optimistic but I'm willing to wait to see how it turns out before getting too outraged.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3180
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Fluffy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:04 pm

This is also an ironic contract we're talking about. Ilsa didn't give all these gifts to Abby without a nasty catch attached to it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Gotham

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Mandy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 pm

With time distortion in hell and succubi not needing to feed on sexual energy while they're in the underworld, they could switch to whatever Teddy's up to then have Abby show back up in a week psychologically mature. Though, the futility of the female Teddy arc was pretty frustrating, so maybe Dave will go a more uncomfortable route *shrugs*

User avatar
Absinthe Green
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Absinthe Green » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:38 pm

msaturn wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 am
The mental gymnastics going on around here to defend a naive preteen being turned into a sex demon are astounding.

Also the blow up doll mouths are just so bad. Ugh.
The Mental Gymnastics going on around here to maintain the Willful Ignorance that were talking about Fictional Characters and not Real People, ignoring the history & context of how DC storyline plays out & disregarding the clues that the authours have left as to how this particular narrative is going to unfold just so the Treacly Self-Righteous Killjoys can indulge in some Self-Absorbed Rhetorical Posturing...is rather trite.

Also: What Mandy said re video games & "trying to explain neurological development to anti-abortionists". Ugh.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Gotoh
Posts: 3714
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Gotoh » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Kisai wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:22 am
It does however not change the fact that it's fiction, and you don't have to like it. The problem in the forum right now are people making broad generalizations that the plot car is heading to squicky town from a crappy hentai comic.
In all fairness, recent arcs have given them reason to make such assumptions; including a lengthy one just to set up a "banged your mother" joke between Teddy (who's still a minor) and Pandora.

Not to mention, the part about Pandora using mind control to make Teddy's father marry her, then repeatedly taking advantage of him so his kids can hear it. Teddy's been doing basically the same thing to Daisy and her friends, and he's still sleeping with them despite being aware of the fact that they're under some form of compulsion. Think about how that sounds.
Kisai wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:22 am
There is a deus ex machina available in the comic already that can undo everything called time travel, if Chloe remembers about it.
Chloe remembering is the problem, because she had a simpler solution available to her that (potentially) could have prevented at leat some of what's gone on. But it seems she's either forgotten about that, or she's unwilling to do it for whatever reason.

Post Reply