Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Milnoc
Posts: 3303
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Milnoc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:16 am

Kisai wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 pm
A character that is 80 years old in a 12 year old body, are they 12?
Somehow, that statement reminded me of Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell. It's believed she's in her eighties, but she can inhabit nearly any body including those made for children.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 1974
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Cortez » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 am

dmra wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm
If you followed through and added me to your "ignore" list I doubt you'll see this.

Personally I don't ignore anybody simply because I disagree with them but each to their own.

I wasn't making the assumption that you were any less or not at all invested in the comic. I rather assumed you were otherwise you wouldn't be bothering to read and post on the forum in the first place. I was simply challenging your opinions about the importance of something being "fiction".

And I'm pretty sure that asking somebody to justify their claim that there are clear and obvious clues for future story lines isn't asking them to "jump through hoops" but instead suggesting they put their money where their mouth is. You rather arrogantly claimed to be more perceptive than the majority of people posting here and then threw a complete wobbly when somebody suggested you justify that claim.
Well said.

User avatar
Absinthe Green
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Absinthe Green » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 am

Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 pm
That hardly justifies rape, which is what Teddy's doing.
No. Just no. God no. Teddy's letting the Mean Girls do what they want to with him/her out of the mistaken belief that letting them do so will get him/her out of their systems. "Ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league. It ain't even the same f**king sport". Conflating the highjinx of a sex-based comedy with a best-of-all-possible-Good-Faith Title Character who's a Sex Demon with sexual assault is...& I just ran out of the energy required to unpack that ugly assumption.
Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 pm
That's a pretty broad generalization to make about people you hardly know.
If they're going to wave that quality around in public, It's hard to miss. Especially when they run for public office.
Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 pm
...or maybe they read it because the title character was originally from another webcomic they enjoyed (EC), and decided to follow this one in case there are any future developments relating to the former.
Up to point, fer sure. By now it's clear that DC has evolved into very much it's Own Thing, much along the lines how MTV's Daria grew into its own narrative entity, leaving its Beavis & Butthead origin behind. The few EC/MC characters being inserted into a DC storyline I can recall off the cuff is Jacqui Brightmoon, & then they imported Tandy & Gabby in wholesale. DC doesn't even recycle characters from other pixietrix narratives a la Ma3.
Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:29 pm
Teddy knew exactly the risk involved
Fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 pm
Chloe made it clear he would die soon after they copulated. And then there's Pandora confirming Chloe's statements...
Yeah, Teddy was aware of the risks involved - for Teddy. Neither the Varsity Squad nor the Swim Team had any Demonic Pacts with any virginal Succubi, so there was no reason for Teddy to assume that any of them would die after helping Chloe out. Chapter 9 spelled it out and then Pandora set Teddy straight on the subject, but Chapter 9 was a girls-only exchange between Chloe, Abby & Pandora & Pandora only made the consequences of deflowering virginal Succubi clear to Teddy only after Teddy had plowed through his/her high school's athletic department & brought the Mean Girls to heel.
Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 pm
Plus, there was the time that it almost actually happened.
Again - Demonic Pact + Horny Succubus + Shirtless Teddy = Near-Death Sex-Based Comedy Gold. I'm guessing, but I'm confident that the reason Teddy tastes irresistibly "Yummy. Yummier than he should be" to Chloe is because of the pact. Even Pandora, a non-virginal Succubus who's sampled a Baskin-Robbins of Male Beauty, says "Funny, he tasted normal to me", but then she doesn't have a post-coital/succubae-deflowering mortis-pact with Teddy.
Fluffy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:07 am
With all those examples, the fact that people will still claim Teddy was clueless about what would happen baffles me.
Paying attention to both the narrative details & the context they're presented in out of affection for the characters & not forgetting that the topic in question is not what Teddy knew when but the potential comedy gold w/ a hint of tragedy rising out of 12-year-old Abby DeCarlo being shoehorned into the body of a fully-fledged Succubus, at a guess.
Image
Last edited by Absinthe Green on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Richie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Richie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:45 am

Leave the contents over to the artists.It's their project and their imagination. Wait a couple of weeks and if you still think it turned for the worse, there is still an option to skip DC and start your own strip. It's like politics, you never get what you voted for, but still find your way to adjust. I prefer to be surprised by the artists and sometimes it's not my liking. Ok bad luck, but overall it's worth to read on and it's free for 2 strips each week. Maybe we all are spoiled with a very entertaining and presentable strip. My compliments for the artists and their achievment. :-bd

User avatar
Absinthe Green
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Absinthe Green » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 am

Cortez wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 am
dmra wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm
If you followed through and...Yadda-yadda-yadda, disingenuous bollocks, etc...you justify that claim.
Well said.
Myopic & dishonest pronouncement, & with "You rather arrogantly claimed to be more perceptive than the majority of people posting here" you're putting words in my mouth. Disengenious is as Disengenious does, & no one here is responsible for your insecurities. You were a condescending prick, & then whined when you got slapped for it. You told me what to do & then stamped your feet when I told you to go pound sand. & you're still chewing with your mouth open.

I'm the middle child of six stepsisters, so online bollocking isn't a challenge. But I'd rather exchange pleasantries and good ideas in Good Faith than slap the condescending for their condescension. I give what I get & don't have a problem finishing what others start but I'd rather use that energy productively. Honest.

But since I'm not a character in DC, I'm not the subject here. Got That? May we get back on topic? Please? Honest exchanges re Impending good/bad chaos from a 12-year old shoehorned into the body of a Succubus? Someone? Anyone?
Last edited by Absinthe Green on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

User avatar
Absinthe Green
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Absinthe Green » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 am

Richie wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:45 am
Leave the contents over to the artists.It's their project and their imagination. Wait a couple of weeks and if you still think it turned for the worse, there is still an option to skip DC and start your own strip. It's like politics, you never get what you voted for, but still find your way to adjust. I prefer to be surprised by the artists and sometimes it's not my liking. Ok bad luck, but overall it's worth to read on and it's free for 2 strips each week. Maybe we all are spoiled with a very entertaining and presentable strip. My compliments for the artists and their achievement. :-bd
Well Said.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Gotoh » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 am

Absinthe Green wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 am
No. Just no. God no. Teddy's letting the Mean Girls do what they want to with him/her out of the mistaken belief that letting them do so will get him/her out of their systems. Ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league.
So what would you call bedding someone while they're under the influence? 'cuz that's exactly what he's been doing. :-\

Teddy knows some external influence is compelling Daisy and her friends to sleep with him, because he tested it extensively to confirm they aren't behaving normally. And his not-so-bright idea was to try screwing it out of their system.
Not sure what that link is supposed to signify, or how it pertains to the discussion.
Absinthe Green wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 am
Up to point, fer sure. By now it's clear that DC has evolved into very much it's Own Thing. The few EC/MC characters being inserted into a DC storyline I can recall off the cuff is Jacqui Brightmoon, & then they imported Tandy & Gabby in wholesale.
Mel was also featured in DC (during the same chapter as Jacqui). But I still follow DC on-again/off-again in case anything relating to EC/MC occurs.
Absinthe Green wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 am
Again - Demonic Pact + Horny Succubus
It isn't just because of the pact. Chloe and Pandora both explained that a virgin succubus will usually disembowel their first few sexual partners until they learn to control themselves.

Which is why Pandora advised Abby to get a few "practice corpses" under her belt, before getting involved with someone she actually cares about.

User avatar
Absinthe Green
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Absinthe Green » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 am

Gotoh wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 am
So what would you call bedding someone while they're under the influence? 'cuz that's exactly what he's been doing. Teddy knows some external influence is compelling Daisy and her friends to sleep with him, because he tested it extensively to confirm they aren't behaving normally. And his not-so-bright idea was to try screwing it out of their system.
I'll file it under "Ironic Consequences", as the only reason Teddy is letting the Mean Girls have their way with him/her is so they can screw her/him out of their system, and the only reason s/he's in the Mean Girls' systems/under their skin is because they got a face-full of undiluted pheromones, and the only reason the Mean Girls got a face-full of undiluted pheromones is because Teddy involuntary discharged an avalanche of pheromones as a biological defence mechanism, and the only reason Teddy involuntary discharged an avalanche of pheromones as a biological defence mechanism into the Mean Girls' faces is because they were kicking the shit out of him/her, as in Commiting Physical Assault With Intent to cause Grevious Bodily Harm.

I'd rather have the Mean Girls fucking their brains out with Teddy rather than beating him/her to a pulp, & the nice & further ironic twist is the Mean Girl posse when from his/her worst nightmare to her/his personal bodyguard Stoßtruppen.

Teddy's no slouch when it comes to brains, but s/he's not exactly swift, if you catch the drift. S/He's not the brightest bulb in the vanity mirror, but I'd never accuse him of having his/her heart in the wrong place, or of committing a power trip as heartless & vile as rape. Yeah, s/he's making things worse by doing what s/he thinks is the right thing, but that's one of if not the foundational comedic trope of DC.
Gotoh wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 am
I still follow DC on-again/off-again in case anything relating to EC/MC occurs.
I've been following DC solely for its own merits, especially since EC, SDB & MC have been mothballed for the foreseeable future. It was Cassandra W's work on it that kept me interested, and it was her work that eventually convinced me to finally pick up a pencil & start learning how to draw.
Gotoh wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 am
It isn't just because of the pact.
Probably not, but I'd be willing to wager the pact weighs in as an influencing factor somewhere in the 95th to 99th percentile.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Gotoh » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 am

Absinthe Green wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 am
I'll file it under "Ironic Consequences"

I'd rather have the Mean Girls fucking their brains out with Teddy rather than beating him/her to a pulp.
We'll have to disagree, because under normal circumstances, he knows none of them would consent to be with him. The fact that they assaulted him does not exonerate him of wrongdoing.

The responsible thing to do would be to either find the cause, or try to avoid contact with them until whatever was compelling them passed - not try to screw it out of their systems.
Absinthe Green wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 am
Teddy's no slouch when it comes to brains, but s/he's not exactly swift
Agreed here.
Absinthe Green wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 am
Probably not, but I'd be willing to wager the pact weighs in as an influencing factor somewhere in the 95th to 99th percentile.
Perhaps, but it's a moot point.

Teddy's had ample warning of what's likely to happen to whoever punches Chloe's v-card. Further, those jocks have been mislead into believing they're hooking up with Teddy, because he's neglected to tell them that he's setting them up for Chloe and he hasn't told the potential victim(s) that she's gonna kill them.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 am

" S/He's not the brightest bulb in the vanity mirror, but I'd never accuse him of having his/her heart in the wrong place, or of committing a power trip as heartless & vile as rape."

I'm not sure what the precise legal definition of rape is where you come from but I'm pretty sure that engaging in sexual activity with somebody you know can't give informed consent is pretty likely to fall into it.

As for the precise question of Teddi's behaviour. He established that the girls were under a compulsion of some sort, He did some initial testing of the limits and then had a number of choices. Amongst them were

a) try telling one of the girls to forget him/leave him alone and see what happens.
b) ask Chloe for advice
c) confront Pandora or any of the likely culprits to be playing games with the girls and ask them to stop doing whatever they were doing.
d) engage in constant regular sex with one or more of the girls turning them into a harem slash group of bodyguards who intimidated the entire school (http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ight-track) while never once stopping to think, "Hang on this plan of mine doesn't seem to be working since none of the girls is showing the least sign of losing their interest in me. Perhaps I should try something else"

You can keep telling yourself that somebody with a reasonably good brain and whose heart is in the right place would prefer option d) but personally I think options a) - c) would be a lot less morally problematic.

I've no real plan to respond to the rest of your screed attacking me but would just suggest you reconsider how posting something like this

"The Mental Gymnastics going on around here to maintain the Willful Ignorance that were talking about Fictional Characters and not Real People, ignoring the history & context of how DC storyline plays out & disregarding the clues that the authours have left as to how this particular narrative is going to unfold just so the Treacly Self-Righteous Killjoys can indulge in some Self-Absorbed Rhetorical Posturing...is rather trite.."

might be perceived by others. Accusing people of "wilful ignorance", ignoring evidence and being "treacly self-righteous killjoys" is hardly likely to endear you to them or win them over to your side.

In that context I'd suggest that asking you to demonstrate your superior insight by predicting the coming story lines was hardly the most hostile response.

User avatar
Valkog
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Valkog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 am

I'm super glad nobody's been talking around people or misrepresenting what they said, so they could sling around casual insults and childish reaction .gifs. That would be a pathetic waste of human intelligence. I'm proud of this forum and its mature userbase.

Regarding the actual strip: Ew. I hope this doesn't drag on too long.
**== **== **==

User avatar
Kisai
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:37 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Kisai » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am

dmra wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 am

I'm not sure what the precise legal definition of rape is where you come from but I'm pretty sure that engaging in sexual activity with somebody you know can't give informed consent is pretty likely to fall into it.
Plot convenience.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ur_brother

Also plot convenience.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am

"Plot convenience. "

Well that's OK then. No need to ever judge a fictional character for their actions just look at whether or not it helped the plot. Ramsey Bolton murderer, torturer, rapist but not a bad guy it was all just done for "plot convenience".

More seriously I'm curious as to what purpose you think the plot arc with Teddi and the enchanted harem actually served. How did the story line develop? After all that we're back at exactly the same point in the main story as we were before without any of it having a single lasting consequence. We haven;t seen the harem lately but I assume that are still in the same state so nothing changed there. It's true that Pandora got her "prank"" you slept with your mother" moment but Teddi seems to have forgotten about that almost instantly so what was the point?

Months of story time where nothing of any value happened except Teddi was shown up to be an entirely unsympathetic character.

I'm just not sure who that was convenient for.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Fluffy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 pm

I guess the 'plot convenience' in regards to the unwitting harem was to stop the other girls (who aren't lusting after Teddy; and outright loathe him) from beating up on him for sleeping around with their boyfriends.

Which was the entire reason why those four girls were initially beating up on him, in the first place - Teddy was whoring himself out to the jocks, and ruining relationships by doing so without a care for how the girls would feel about it. When they confronted him about his behavior and told him to back off - his reply was that he would, after he was done with them.

In all honesty, it's no wonder they beat the snot out of him. Most girls will not tolerate a tramp shamelessly moving in on their boyfriends, and will react negatively if said tramp tells them they'll have to just deal with it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm

But the writers could have avoided the problem of violent or protective girlfriends by simply having Teddi date the boys in secret rather than publicly. Go for a drive in the woods rather than see a film or go for a meal. So they chose to introduce the problem and then have Teddi resort to abusing his succubus powers to solve it.

And even if it was stretching credulity that nobody would notice Teddi's amorous antics there were other ways the creators could have dealt with that. They could, for example, have shown the girls making Teddi's life a misery in non-violent ways. Which would have shown just how much he was willing to go through for his (admittedly wrongheaded) mission to help Chloe. Thus keeping the focus on the main characters and showing them to be likeable rather than turning Teddi into an unsympathetic character who willingly engages in sexual relationships with people who he knows are totally unable to give their consent.

And the whole thing was made worse since it was obvious to pretty much everybody except Teddi that the "whole date an athlete to see if they're enough of a legendary man to survive sex with a virgin succubus" thing was doomed from the start. The fact that none of the events of the arc seem to have had any kind of lasting effect on anybody (with the exceptions of introducing Gabby and Tandy who could easily have been bought in some other way and destroying Teddi's likeability) so the whole thing was effectively just week after week of pointless filler was just the icing on the cake.

Post Reply