Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by Error of Logic »

If memory serves, some of the other girls did make Teddi's life a misery without physically attacking her. When the more physical girls did attack, it triggered the defensive pheromones, and they felt compelled to have sex with Teddi - and became her bodyguards, preventing further attempts by the female student body to punish her.

But yeah, I agree there were better ways for Teddi to test the potential sacrificial victims - even if it was a wrongheaded and pointless exercize.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm
But the writers could have avoided the problem of violent or protective girlfriends by simply having Teddi date the boys in secret rather than publicly.
Or still have them enthralled by his pheromones and still use them as his personal bodyguards (because it was established they will do anything he asks of them) - just leave the sex out of the equation, entirely. Because, really - there was no reason for Teddy to sleep with any one of these girls outside of giving the readers teenaged lesbian eye candy.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am
"Plot convenience. "

Well that's OK then. No need to ever judge a fictional character for their actions just look at whether or not it helped the plot. Ramsey Bolton murderer, torturer, rapist but not a bad guy it was all just done for "plot convenience".
This (though I would've used Cerise, rather than Ramsey). Characters are judged by their actions. That's always been the case across all media. How else are we supposed to distinguish between who's relateable, who's sympathetic, and which ones aren't?
dmra wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am
I'm just not sure who that was convenient for.
I'd say it's convenient for Teddy: if/when he ever finds out about the pheromones he's been releasing, all sexual misconduct (on his part) can be handwaved since he didn't know at the time and because he convinced himself that sleeping with them was somehow the right thing to do.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Problem is that he already suspects that the girls are being affected by something. So he's not completely oblivious.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Suspects? No - he knows it's related to some supernatural influence - given that he's aware that if he pours on the charm, he can make people do whatever he wants them to. But, instead of confronting the supernatural creatures in his life that he suspects are responsible for these girls suddenly lusting after him, he instead 'takes responsibility' for something he perceives as being out of his control (and completely forgetting to look into the matter, while he's at it).
Last edited by Fluffy on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 pm
Problem is that he already suspects that the girls are being affected by something. So he's not completely oblivious.
We know he's aware that something's affecting them, but we're going by the "plot convenience" argument (though I don't agree with it).

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Being a succubi has clearly messed with Teddy's head to some degree. If anyone want to argue that he's a rapist, then everyone that slept with him is a rapist too, because Teddy's under the influence of succubi blood.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Mandy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:56 am
Being a succubi has clearly messed with Teddy's head to some degree. If anyone want to argue that he's a rapist, then everyone that slept with him is a rapist too, because Teddy's under the influence of succubi blood.
Now that's some screwy logic, right there.

Though Teddy has succubus blood in his veins, he was always shown as having full control over his scruples. He is the one making the conscious decision to have sex with numerous partners. Even before any guy touched him, no one and nothing was forcing Teddy to set up all those dates, BJed all those dudes or sleep with anyone.

All that was Teddy's own doing - with the excuse that he was doing it for Chloe.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Mandy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:56 am
That's like saying Ash and Dio were responsible for cleaning each other's tonsils after Mel zapped them with her wand.

Daisy and her friends are under supernatural compulsion, Teddy isn't. The comic even tells us who's responsible for what's been going on (arrow in the last panel).

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

All of his scruples, except for those having to do with sex. He's not the person he was before being injected. I can't imagine original, male Teddy coming to the conclusion that every problem that arises should be solved with sex. Pandora pisses him off: sex time. These girls are obsessed with him: sex is the answer. Chloe needs help: the only solution is having all the sex.

I feel like it's pretty obvious that being injected with sex demon blood messed with his mind in that particular regard. He's not enthralled; it's more like he's been forcefully given a drug that's twisted his mind. He *thinks* that he's still himself and that he's being logical... But he's not really.

Meh. I personally think that people were naive who act all surprised that sex demons don't say please and thank you every time in this verse. Adora considered using the doom panties to have her way with a guy but decided not to do it in that strip, because she likes the challenge. Not because she thought it was morally wrong but because she thought it was more fun to get sex the hard way. Early on in EC, Chloe accidentally enthralled the entire school into loving her. What exactly did some people think that sex demons did with that power? Maybe they thought that C-verse succubi became rock stars with a really dedicated male audience.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It's not an impossibility that the succubus blood has had an effect on Teddi. On the other hand it isn't something that the comic has straight out stated and it's not as though imbibing Alchemy's blood has led him to show any interest in reaping souls.

I think though that the change in his attitude towards sex is pretty targetted. He hasn't been chasing around after just anybody at school for instance. He still get's squicked out by Pandora and his Dad having sex. When Gabby was trying to seduce him he still had qualms because he thought he might love a girl.

So if the blood is effecting him it's in ways that aren't consistent and so that doesn't, in my opinion anyway, explain or excuse away what he's been doing.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Consistent characterizations in this comic are a little hard to come by. Teddy is relatively smart in some strips.... And then we had a scene where he didn't notice that he was changed into a girl and he thought his giant boobs were a sign that he was getting chubby.

dmra

Post by dmra »

That's definitely true. And the annoying thing is that although the inconsistent characterisation seems to be largely down to "Rule of funny" it usually leads to pretty cheap laughs. For me the comic is at its best when the creators make that bit more of an effort.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Mandy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 am
All of his scruples, except for those having to do with sex. He's not the person he was before being injected. I can't imagine original, male Teddy coming to the conclusion that every problem that arises should be solved with sex.
How soon we forget his agreeing to let Lacy observe his junk in order to escape the school - which led to a hand job; and this was before he was forcibly transitioned into a girl. Or was his decision in that little fiasco succubus influence screwing with his brain, too?

The way to looks to me is Teddy takes advantage of a situation when it presents itself to him. Just because he was injected with succubus blood and is unaware that he's the one directly controlling these people doesn't make him any less culpable, as he actively knows that they're under a supernatural influence and is taking advantage of them, anyway - with the pathetically weak excuse of 'taking responsibility' by helping them get the lust out of their system.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

The difference to me is that he didn't make that suggestion with Lacy. Well, he did but sarcastically. There's also how freaking weird his little rant was about how great it was getting to change genders and how he hoped Abby would get to do it too someday. They also stated canonically that the sucubus blood made him want men. That's really inarguably a mental change that he's undergone.

What's happened to Teddy is a lot like what happened to Chloe in the doom panties arc... Only to a powered down degree. I guess being turned into part succubi is less of a mind wammy than using an ancient, ahem, 'artifact' that boosts even adult succubi's powers. Teddy's culpable in the way that Chloe was culpable. In a similar way as with Chloe, it wouldn't be entirely ludicrous for a human Teddy to regret things he did when he had succubus blood in him... Teddy might become someone more recognizable once he is evened out by being part angel/part demon. *shrugs*

Mind you, the most of a negative reflection that we would see, if we see any, is "oh gee, I'm sorry that I was so shitty" then everyone moves on by the next strip. That's how it was with MC and EC too.