Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-02-18 Booger

Post by dmra »

[/quote]

The Mental Gymnastics going on around here to maintain the Willful Ignorance that were talking about Fictional Characters and not Real People, ignoring the history & context of how DC storyline plays out & disregarding the clues that the authours have left as to how this particular narrative is going to unfold just so the Treacly Self-Righteous Killjoys can indulge in some Self-Absorbed Rhetorical Posturing...is rather trite
[/quote]

Just because a character is fictional doesn't mean an audience won't care about them. In fact the audience caring about fictional characters is probably the primary sign that a creator has done a good job. Why read a book or see a film if you don't have at least some engagement with the people in it? So if people didn't react to Abby being transformed into a sex demon that would be an absolute sign of creative failure.

And since you think so much more perceptive about the "clues" left by the authors than most other readers of the comic perhaps you'd like to give us your prediction for the Abby story line over the next ten strips. Then we can all come back in a month or so and see just how right you were.

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

dmra wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Just because a character is fictional doesn't mean an audience won't care about them. In fact the audience caring about fictional characters is probably the primary sign that a creator has done a good job. Why read a book or see a film if you don't have at least some engagement with the people in it? So if people didn't react to Abby being transformed into a sex demon that would be an absolute sign of creative failure.

And since you think so much more perceptive about the "clues" left by the authors than most other readers of the comic perhaps you'd like to give us your prediction for the Abby story line over the next ten strips. Then we can all come back in a month or so and see just how right you were.
Thanks for your assumption that I'm just not as invested as the rest of the Forumites - starting with yourself - in what happens to characters I've been following since 22.10.2012, but nobody asked. I'm perfectly engaged in this particular narrative in accordance to my satisfaction, regardless whether or not my level of engagement meets your approval. That I don't make the mistake of being unable to distinguish Reality from Storytime means that I get to enjoy both what Fictional Narratives & Real Life have to offer on their own merits. That others can't make such distinctions - is on them & no one else.

"...perhaps you'd like to give us your prediction for..." Aaaaaaand that's where I shut this exchange down & add you to my "Ignore" list. I don't jump through hoops for anyone. Better Idea - you keep doling out orders to complete strangers online & well check in a month or so from now & see how well that worked out for you. For every ten people who did what you told them, you get a free saucer of milk.

Or you can just cut to the chase & eat your heart out here & now.
:-*
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

dmra

Post by dmra »

If you followed through and added me to your "ignore" list I doubt you'll see this.

Personally I don't ignore anybody simply because I disagree with them but each to their own.

I wasn't making the assumption that you were any less or not at all invested in the comic. I rather assumed you were otherwise you wouldn't be bothering to read and post on the forum in the first place. I was simply challenging your opinions about the importance of something being "fiction".

And I'm pretty sure that asking somebody to justify their claim that there are clear and obvious clues for future story lines isn't asking them to "jump through hoops" but instead suggesting they put their money where their mouth is. You rather arrogantly claimed to be more perceptive than the majority of people posting here and then threw a complete wobbly when somebody suggested you justify that claim.

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Someone say something?

No? Okay.

Carry on.

P.S.: It's not nice to chew with your mouth open.
:-P
Last edited by Absinthe Green on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Off topic - honestly, can you keep the childish antics out of this?

If you're done with debating others who have a different opinion from your own, just do as you said you would and add anyone you disagree with to your ignore list.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 pm
The point is that it shouldn't even get to that point; because even if Chloe recalled her time traveling ability to erase all the squick that has (or may) happened, though the mortals will forget what happened, the readers won't.
This is the same writer and editor the comic has always had, it's not going to squicky town. Some people are selectively, or intentionally ignoring hints just to whine about something that they imagined.

Writers and Artists often grumble about fans who think they know their comic better than they do, and this thread is a case example of that.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

It's gone to squick level before - via Teddy's sexual misadventures.

We have a 15-16 year old boy who was magically transformed into a busty woman with succubus pheromones. And, with the excuse of finding a suitable man for Chloe to lose her virginity to (despite being told that no mortal man would survive bedding a virgin succubus) - slept with the entire football team, as well as half the swim team to find the perfect male victim - choosing to ignore the danger he was putting them in. He also realized that girls who wouldn't normally give him the time of day were under some kind of mental influence that made them lust after him - and, instead of respecting these girls and staying away from them, took advantage of the situation and slept with them, too. When his life was in imminent danger, Teddy ran away from home, got himself a false ID, and became an under aged stripper.

As for artists/writers grumbling about criticism from readers/watchers? Welcome to the creative process. If you expect nothing but praise, you're in the wrong business. The writer/artist can ignore all the criticism and just continue doing the work for themselves - whether the readers/watchers like it or not doesn't matter; as the writer/artist is doing the project for themselves. They can take the criticism along with the praise and use the criticism to improve their craft. Or, they can surround themselves with yes men, choosing to only accept the praise and ignore the criticism outright, and stay in a comfortable rut.

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Kisai wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:05 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 pm
The point is that it shouldn't even get to that point; because even if Chloe recalled her time traveling ability to erase all the squick that has (or may) happened, though the mortals will forget what happened, the readers won't.
This is the same writer and editor the comic has always had, it's not going to squicky town. Some people are selectively, or intentionally ignoring hints just to whine about something that they imagined.

Writers and Artists often grumble about fans who think they know their comic better than they do, and this thread is a case example of that.
Last edited by Absinthe Green on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:32 pm
He also realized that girls who wouldn't normally give him the time of day were under some kind of mental influence that made them lust after him - and, instead of respecting these girls and staying away from them, took advantage of the situation and slept with them, too.
Any sympathy I might have had for the girls in question rolled over & died a quick death Pre Hoc when said posse kicked the living shit out of Teddy.

Some people just mistrust & flat-out hate sex & reverse-engineer every instance that makes them uncomfortable into that.

That they continue to read a comic w/ a Succubus as the title character speaks foghorn-level decibels about how split-down-the-middle they are over their own sexual hangups.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Absinthe Green wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:42 pm
Any sympathy I might have had for the girls in question rolled over & died a quick death Pre Hoc when said posse kicked the living shit out of Teddy.
That hardly justifies rape, which is what Teddy's doing.
Absinthe Green wrote:
Some people just mistrust & flat-out hate sex & reverse-engineer every instance that makes them uncomfortable into that.
That's a pretty broad generalization to make about people you hardly know.
Absinthe Green wrote:
That they continue to read a comic w/ a Succubus as the title character speaks foghorn-level decibels about how split-down-the-middle they are over their own sexual hangups.
...or maybe they read it because the title character was originally from another webcomic they enjoyed (EC), and decided to follow this one in case there are any future developments relating to the former.

Such as: Tandy and Gabby (from MC) being featured heavily in two chapters of DC. That way, when/if MC were to ever resume, if their run-in with Chloe was referenced again, we won't be left wondering when and how it happened. Continuity matters.

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:32 pm
choosing to ignore the danger he was putting them in.
Someone's choosing to selectively ignore both that Teddy was unaware of the danger s/he would've put them in, and then later not only emphasized the "No! No Dead Boys!" approach to Pandora, but made it clear just how much of a risk s/he's willing to run on his/her own personal safety in getting Chloe back to health.

Either that, or they simply haven't read the material they're passing judgment and running off at the mouth over.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Absinthe Green wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:19 pm
Teddy was unaware of the danger s/he would've put them in
Teddy knew exactly the risk involved, since Chloe told him in no uncertain terms.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Chloe also mentioned this way back in the beginning of the series. When discussing the terms of their infernal contract, Chloe made it clear he would die soon after they copulated.

And then there's Pandora confirming Chloe's statements - stating that no mortal man could survive deflowering a virgin succubus; and the stories that a mortal man was manly enough to defy the odds and survive were merely stuff of legends.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Fluffy: True. Plus, there was the time that it almost actually happened.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@Gotoh - exactly. Two warnings from Chloe (one more graphic than the other), a near death experience after 'kissing lessons' with Chloe, and Pandora reaffirming the warnings when telling Teddy what the only possible cure for Chloe's condition was.

With all those examples, the fact that people will still claim Teddy was clueless about what would happen baffles me.