Dangerously Chloe 29-01-18 What You Always Wanted

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Insectoid

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-01-18 What You Always Wanted

Post by Insectoid »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:46 am
Abigail. Sign the contract as "Ilsa Slash-Stab".
:)) =))
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

anyone remember how much chloe wanted to be rid of her boobs back when she first got them?
Yet still, I live...

Mr Picky

Post by Mr Picky »

How old is Abby again?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The 'you'll be the talk of the playground' comment places Abby as an elementary school student - as playgrounds are normally reserved for children, from kindergarten to sixth grade (and even sixth grade might be stretching it); meaning she's no older than 11, 12 at the absolute oldest.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 pm
The 'you'll be the talk of the playground' comment places Abby as an elementary school student - as playgrounds are normally reserved for children, from kindergarten to sixth grade (and even sixth grade might be stretching it); meaning she's no older than 11, 12 at the absolute oldest.
I agree with the age estimation. However, one could also say the "playgrounds" comment is just Ilsa teasing Abby. What would push a kid into making a bad decision to grow up too fast? By pointing out that she's "just" a kid.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

'J' wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 am
anyone remember how much chloe wanted to be rid of her boobs back when she first got them?
Well that was admittedly before she gained the power to reduce the boobs whenever she wanted.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Fluffy wrote:
They were still sending us out for recess in 8th grade in my neck of the woods. No idea how it’s done in Canada.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

lordoffiling wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:35 pm
Fluffy wrote:
They were still sending us out for recess in 8th grade in my neck of the woods. No idea how it’s done in Canada.
I grew up in Canada; and - from my own experience - I honestly don't recall going out to the playground during recess/lunch hour past the sixth grade. In my school. once you entered Junior High, the playground was off limits to you.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Gotcha. Still, Abby has two character traits that are on display fairly consistently:

1) Boyyyyysssss...
2) Where are my boobs?!

This, to me, paints the picture of a late bloomer. She’s experiencing the first stages of puberty but her body isn’t developing as fast as she’d like. Maybe she has female friends who are further along, and she’s envious? Maybe she’s just eager to stop looking like a little kid so she can start kissing boys.

I have four nieces, and they’re all right in this age bracket. I’d put Abby at 13, with 14 being a stretch.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

We've also seen Abby making a Valentine's Day card for a boy she likes. Kids usually grow out of that stage by the time they're 12.

Abby isn't a late bloomer - she's a typical pre-teen girl who is just discovering that boys are cute. And some pre-teen girls do obsess over their bust size; especially if they buy into what the media they consume tells them about how the ideal woman should look (usually slim, busty women with junk in the trunk). However, unlike most pre-teen girls, Abby is living with not one, not two, but three girls who run around the house wearing scant clothing; which probably isn't helping her mental state.

I'm not making excuses for Abby's behavior, though - most girls would begrudgingly wait until puberty kicked into high gear in order to get their busts. Abby, on the other hand, lacks patience, and is playing with supernatural elements that she has no personal experience with in an attempt to get the boys to notice her.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

It's a bit of a quick with pixietrix comics that the female characters tend to be much more breast-obsessed that the males.
Yet still, I live...

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 pm

I grew up in Canada; and - from my own experience - I honestly don't recall going out to the playground during recess/lunch hour past the sixth grade. In my school. once you entered Junior High, the playground was off limits to you.
Depends where you live.

Where I lived, the elementary school (3-6), Primary school (K-2), and middle school (7-8) all had two recess periods going something like this:

Homeroom, First class, Second class, recess, third class, fourth class, lunch, fifth class, sixth class, recess, seventh class, either class, stand outside in the cold/heat for an hour for the bus.

The high school meanwhile had 4 classes on a semester system, so it went Homeroom - Class A, not-a-recess, Class B, lunch, Class C, not-a-recess, Class D, wait outside for the bus or drive home

By "not-a-recess" officially it was not called recess. It was just setup that way so that the classes would be the same length and because homeroom took X amount of minutes, and there wasn't a second homeroom at the end, they made the space between the first two classes longer so Lunch was always around noon. I'm not sure if they still do it this way now, since that was 20 years ago. Mostly they did all these schedule things to accommodate the school bus schedule, of which the longest one would otherwise result in elementary school students arriving late and leaving early (where as my bus required waiting outside for nearly an hour each way.)

That said Abby couldn't really be any older than 12. Unless you count that time-travel causality reversal bit earlier in the comic.