Dangerously Chloe 4-01-18 I Know a Confession

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 4-01-18 I Know a Confession

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 pm
And yet, despite all that, none of them learned anything from their actions.
Not unless you've been reading a different set of comics.
Fluffy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 1974 11:26 am
Layla is still self centered
...and she has reason to be, not the least of which are her looks and her status as the queen bee at Charybdis. But that doesn't mean she hasn't changed, or that she hasn't learned anything. She started off at odds with Brooke, but eventually became friends with her, which we also saw during their double date where Brooke literally covered for Layla to protect her modesty.
Fluffy wrote:
Nina still plots to win Ace for herself - despite knowing Brooke and Ace still have a thing for each other.
Ace and Brooke were both seeing other people by the end of Vol.4 and Ace said he was interested in seeing how things develop between him and Nina, so he's fair game. And unless you're choosing to disregard her character development, she's matured to.
Fluffy wrote:
Cessily, Laura and Tia still plot for their own self interests.
Which doesn't change the fact that they've each suffered their fair share of karma, and one of them is an antagonist.
Fluffy wrote:
And Faith is as egocentric as ever.
Faith is basically the same as Layla. The only difference being, Faith was initially an antagonist to Mel, which changed after the Layla incident and the incident at the spa. She's been a bonified heroine ever since.
Fluffy wrote:
Comeuppance usually means people learn from their mistakes and try to better themselves as a result or grow as a character because of it.
Following that logic, the Joker's never suffered comeuppance despite all the times he's had his *** and his teeth handed to him by Batman.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

God almighty you're really offended about this character who's a trained fucking demonic assassin getting a kick out of what she does. God forbid the people doing the shitty jobs enjoy what they do. And seriously fuck Abby anyway, she's been nothing but a pestilence since this comic started. If it weren't for her, Chloe wouldn't even be in this position to begin so she deserves to have her stupid face bashed in as far as I care.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

No, no , no, don't kill Chloe! On the other hand, wouldn't she just die and go to hell? :-?

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 pm
God forbid the people doing the shitty jobs enjoy what they do.
It's not 'enjoying what they do' specifically, it's *how* they enjoy it. Doing a shitty job and enjoying it does not require being a sadist.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

BlairFan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 am
No, no , no, don't kill Chloe! On the other hand, wouldn't she just die and go to hell? :-?
I've never understood that - for some reason in works of Bangsian fantasy, true death always seems to exist for the afterlife's staff (explicit in Alchemy's case), and sometimes even for the shades themselves. It feels like the writers' suspended disbelief screaming to be let out.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Gabby with slightly frizzled hair...

... I think my ovaries just entered orbit.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca