Dangerously Chloe 30-11-17 Get These Wings to Fly

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 30-11-17 Get These Wings to Fly

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! It's Q & A time for Chloe and Abby. Chloe tells Abby more about succubi, including, among other things, pheromones!

Insectoid

Re: Dangerously Chloe 30-11-17 Get These Wings to Fly

Post by Insectoid »

Abby, how about you... not? This comic does more than enough of that already.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Gratuitous nudity, however, it is fairly restrained by being on one panel only, non-sexual, and involves Chloe; I'm making note of this, but not complaining.
Good to see Chloe actually present in her series again, though, admittedly, not confident it will last...

brasca

Post by brasca »

This seems to be a conversation Chloe should've had with Teddi. Might've avoided some complications that way... and a lot of forum whinging.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 am
This seems to be a conversation Chloe should've had with Teddi. Might've avoided some complications that way... and a lot of forum whinging.
To be fair, she was trying to murder him every night, sooooo don't think that would of worked out as well as we would of liked.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Agreed. Teddi really didn't get much help on being a succubi aside from Pandora who's not entirely trustworthy.

ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Now tell her about the downside... like hunters that want to end your existence in the mortal realm. And good luck getting back into heaven.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

As if we need more indication on just how young Abby is, the little twit doesn't seem to understand what lust is and is looking for excuses not to bathe.

And if she knows what lust is and still wants to make a boy she likes want her in that way at her age...ew! :ymsick:
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 am
Gratuitous nudity, however, it is fairly restrained by being on one panel only, non-sexual, and involves Chloe; I'm making note of this, but not complaining.
Good to see Chloe actually present in her series again, though, admittedly, not confident it will last...
Okay, I gotta ask.

You complain about nudity a lot. Why? All of the Trixverse comics are heavily cheesecakey (and beefcakey for that matter), and they always have been. It’s part of the brand. What’s the prob?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

Don't intend to speak for Fluffy but this particular piece of fan service don't only seem gratuitous but also completely undermines the story.

We last saw Abby asking Chloe about how to deal with massive changes to her physical body and Chloe offering to give her some advice. And then what does Chloe do? She decides to talk to Abby while taking a shower.

I don't know about you and the people in your life but if one of my friends or relatives did something like that to me when I had a problem I'd strongly suspect that they either didn't care about me or thought that my problem was pretty trivial.

So if Chloe doesn't seem to be too bothered about Abby and her problems why the hell should the readers care?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

The people in my life and I generally don’t converse in the shower about anything, serious or not. But none of them are succubi living in a cheesecakey webcomic.

Relevant example: over in MA3, Yuki came to Kiley once while she was taking a shower because she was desperate for therapy. How did she get into Kileys apartment? Why didn’t she wait until she was out of the shower? Why didn’t she call first? Yeah she’s nutty, but not that nutty.

The answer is, sexy + humor = PixieTrix.

Put another way, if any of the people in these comics behaved rationally, there would be no comics.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

But in the example you gave Yuki surprising Kiley in the shower was part of the joke. Kiley didn't open the door to a desperate for advice Yuki and then go into the shower to provide it.

Would the humour in today's comic had been the slightest bit different if Chloe and Abby had carried on their conversation sitting around a table? The only way it might have been is if the creators think that the readers need to see somebody in a shower to understand what one is and why a young girl might prefer not to get into one to wash.

I'm not anti fan service but it would be nice if it was done a bit more subtly or at least make some sense in context rather than being shoe horned in for no obvious reason. It wouldn't be so bad if we'd seen much of Chloe recently but it seems that the writers have so little faith in their own creation being appealing or interesting that when she is making one of her rare appearances they need to show her naked.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm
The answer is, sexy + humor = PixieTrix.

Put another way, if any of the people in these comics behaved rationally, there would be no comics.
Yet, we've seen Ace and Brooke have acted rationally plenty of times without nudity, or fanservice being involved. So have Layla, Faith, and Tiffany.

You can also add Stephanie Kane and J.C. to that list (though I can no longer link to examples), given they were able to convince Maria to give them information about Lori's breed of vampire, by explaining the threat they posed to the students at Bakertown High, and assured her they only intended to detain the cheer vamps, rather than kill them.
Last edited by Gotoh on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:12 pm
Don't intend to speak for Fluffy but this particular piece of fan service don't only seem gratuitous but also completely undermines the story.
I appreciate that; but I'm not the one who mentioned the fact that Chloe was in the shower while chatting with Abby. ^#(^

I do agree that putting Chloe in a shower as an excuse to shoehorn in more fan service to be utterly pointless, though. You'd think her wearing a sheer negligee would have served that purpose just fine.
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 am
Now tell her about the downside... like hunters that want to end your existence in the mortal realm. And good luck getting back into heaven.
There's also the downside of being considered and treated as nothing more than an ethereal prostitute. Let's not forget how Teddy and Chloe first met, here.