29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

User avatar
Osaru Sensei
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Contact:

Re: 29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Post by Osaru Sensei » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 am

brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:13 am
Osaru Sensei wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:25 am
It's literally a nightmare.

Calling it now.
Agreed. Nina having a swimsuit under her clothes was too convenient, but there’s no way Ace would put a bikini on under his clothes if he still has no idea of his transformation.
Bit ironic how a werewolf is unaware he goes through a "transformation", now that I think of it.

Also a bit curious - how often do you read other people's signatures?
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

User avatar
Storm-forge mystique
Posts: 2124
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: 29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Post by Storm-forge mystique » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:54 am
Obvious boring question; if this someone’s dream, how do they know about Ace’s sex change thing?
Why would she need to? She knew him as a girl for a while; that's more than enough for dream logic.

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: 29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Post by Gotoh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

joe england wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 am
She's an alternate personality who routinely hijacks Ace's life, and has made no effort to communicate or co-exist with any sort of rapprochement. She just shows up and flippantly engages in stereotypical and suggestive feminine behavior. And I have to admit, I don't understand her either. This person makes no sense.

She knows that she's living a shred of someone else's life, but she spends her precious time engaging in shallow pursuits. I mean, I can understand wanting to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh, but doesn't she want to TALK to anyone? To explore her own desires beyond acting like a minx and letting men grope her? To hope for something more than prancing around like a boy toy? She seems to identify as Ace's "femininity," but the only personality trait she truly demonstrates is libido. Is she what Ace thinks girls are? I can't believe that. Ace knows plenty of nice girls, he's not a sexist fellow. He's not overly lusty either, and he certainly didn't act like this when he was a girl full-time. So where is his thoughtfulness, his care for the people around him? Where does the rest of his personality go?
This, and wholeheartedly agreed on all points. However, my question is (in addition to the highlighted text): "Why does she need to exist at all?" :-\

EC/MC already has an abundance of female characters, to where they literally outnumber the guys by 3:1. So did they really need to turn one of the few recurring male characters female, then claim she's the "real" one?

It's bad enough that Ace gets screwed over as often as he does, but that's unnecessarily cruel. Moreso, given the implications that Dio, Kade, and Ace's own alt. persona are all taking advantage of the situation at his expense, while keeping him in the dark about it. I just can't see the humor in that.

User avatar
Starphoenix
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: 29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Post by Starphoenix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 am

Because you obviously aren't the writers, who seem to have the equivalent of a hard on for making Ace miserable. The only time it stops is when he's female, when his Butt Monkey status was immediately revoked for the most part. It doesn't get reinstated until somewhere around the time Tia takes away his post puberty masculinity as a result of magical acceleration.

It has been suspected by some readers that the writers have a misandrist streak in them, and I can't say I blame the readers.
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Post by Fluffy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 am

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:54 am
Obvious boring question; if this someone’s dream, how do they know about Ace’s sex change thing?
Why would she need to? She knew him as a girl for a while; that's more than enough for dream logic.
I think it's more along the lines of how would Brooke dream such a thing (girl Ace emerging out of nowhere and telling Brooke to keep her presence a secret from Ace) if she wasn't aware of Ace's situation.

If Brooke *is* aware of this fact and hasn't told Ace, either; then add her to the list of lousy friends.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Passing Through
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: 29-11-17 Eerie BBQties 4 of 5

Post by Passing Through » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 am

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 am
...yeah, Osaru's probably right, if only by virtue of it being hard to wrap this up in one strip. Plus the fact that it can now be said definitively that boy-Ace's hands are non-furry (and I think he's back to his aged-up height, too), which would make sense in Brooke's dreams but be an odd thing to introduce so casually.
I disagree, there seem to be quite a number of quick wrap ups possible. They might turn around and witness Layla (or some other girl) having dominated proceedings in the name of saving the bats (or some other charitable activity). They might turn and see Layla (it has to be her this time) coming to have a little word with whoever just made Nina cry. They might see other Melissa turning up miffed. If she's currently combined, Melissa could split in twain. And that's just off the top of my head.

Yes, it's possible that Brooke will wake up in the shower with Layla, but is there really any evidence to suggest this is all just a dream ? This is hardly the first time the paws/hands dealy has been forgotten for instance. While Nina having a bikini on underneath her clothes can be explained as easily as Layla having suggested it.

Post Reply