Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by LegendaryKroc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Remember when this comic put in the hours to make its humour clever and character-driven on the whole, with the fanservice as much the sprinkles on the sundae as a central selling-point? Remember when that damnable preview image actually indicated the content of the strip, and enough people actually cared about it that if it didn't change someone would point it out and that would be corrected? I'm really wishing that comic would come back, and this puff piece that's taken its place would go back to the Hell that spawned it -- much like Pandora, in other words.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 pm
Linnah wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 am
Wouldn't Angel blood make Teddy Angelike-and-thus-something-Chloe's-not-into though? From what I remember that's her whole excuse for not banging an angel in the first place.
As per usual, Teddy isn't giving much thought to his plan. He's looking at an immediate course of action that will provide immediate results without taking a moment to consider the possibility of failure of said idea (outside of the risk to his own life, that is).

Just par of the course for the idiot trying to be the hero for someone who SHOULD be taking care of the issue herself.
And who may have taken care of the issue already, for all we know, which will almost certainly be the joke at the end of this chapter, because whereas the last chapter's ending avoided expectations basically because it was too stupid and nonsensical for anyone to predict the ending would really be that ridiculous and anti-climactic, this one we can all see coming from a mile away. *sigh*

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by brasca » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Linnah wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 am
Wouldn't Angel blood make Teddy Angelike-and-thus-something-Chloe's-not-into though? From what I remember that's her whole excuse for not banging an angel in the first place.
Chloe had some bad experiences with angels, but could couple with one if necessary. She seemed a little smitten with Zachuriel and since Teddy wouldn’t be a natural born angel I think she’d make an exception.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11730
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Spidrift » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 pm

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 pm
Remember when that damnable preview image actually indicated the content of the strip, and enough people actually cared about it that if it didn't change someone would point it out and that would be corrected?
Who gives a flying stuff about the preview image? It’s neater and convenient when it’s correctly updated, but it has zero-point-buggerall to do with th3 quality of the comic. What is this bizarre obsession?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by LegendaryKroc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:10 am

Well, although I know that was a rhetorical question, it bothers me. And to answer the other, there are two reasons for my fixation:

1. First of all, I wouldn't care about it if this was the case all across the board and all the preview buttons went dark. It seems to me there are fairly simple rules governing these things: a) all preview images will be updated when a new strip goes up, unless b) the strip is finished and not being updated anymore outside of limited page-number Kickstarter-funded strips, in which case its preview button is removed because no sense keeping it there and anyone who wants to see it can still find it at its maintained address or c) if the wrong page preview image is showing, it is likely just a programming error and will correct itself in short order. All good, I can work with all that. But this particular case doesn't follow those criteria, not so anyone has told me, anyway, and even though I started a thread about this to ask why no one has ever told me why it's not changed since the start of the latest chapter. I'm not sure why such a small question isn't being answered unless the answer is no one ranked further up the forum ladder than Humble Reader cares enough to answer. And that leads to...

2. This in itself is a pretty minor problem, but I find myself wondering if it's not a symptom of a bigger problem: namely, given that it seems like a relatively simple and easy task to do, is it simply that they don't care enough to do it? And the answer to that question is "Yes", then given how phoned-in and lazy the last dozen strips have been, does that mean that the writers don't care much more about the comic itself? Think about it, on all but its lowest days there was usually some kind of joke or humour that was genuinely funny, and the writers didn't rely on a constant flow of ginormous boobs and implied sex acts to cover the weak punchlines. Now... I can't help but feel that the fact it's been more than two months since the strip currently being previewed, (dated 21/09/2017, for those interested in keeping track) the button is still showing an image of Chloe lying unconscious with a nosebleed is like a "We just don't care anymore" message from those writing and drawing this thing, which is odd because if I were in their position I'd be walking away from a project I didn't care about anymore, but never mind.

I'm aware this must seem like a really petty thing to complain about considering everything else, but inconsistencies in rules and logical arguments that aren't corrected or at least acknowledged are something that really bugs me, and the only reason I've brought it up every other thread is that I've been desperately hoping that at some point they would give me an answer, even if that answer was an invitation to shut the hell up. But at this juncture, I'm beginning to wonder why bother myself. *Grumble, grumble*

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Fluffy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:11 am

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 pm
Who gives a flying stuff about the preview image? It’s neater and convenient when it’s correctly updated, but it has zero-point-buggerall to do with th3 quality of the comic. What is this bizarre obsession?
Because it's misleading, that's why. Say you get someone who's stopped reading the comic for awhile due to the fact they want to read a plot that actively involves Chloe. They swing by to see if things have changed and see Chloe in the thumbnail. They get excited seeing her there, click on the thumbnail to see the recent update, only to find Chloe hasn't made an appearance in months.

Congratulations - you just pissed off a disheartened fan who feels tricked into looking into an update they otherwise would have left alone.

All the other Pixie Trix comics get an updated thumbnail when an update has been posted; but DC's has remained the same for two months worth of updates. Why is that one thumbnail never updated?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Linnah
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:54 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Linnah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:09 am

I too admit that, whist it's certainly a minor annoyance, the fact the preview image doesn't update anymore is still an annoyance. I always trust on the preview-images to know when the comics have updated, so the fact DC's never did anymore means I have to keep clicking on it to see if there's a new page or not.

Again, it's something quite minor, but still would be nice if it would be updated just like the other previews.

User avatar
Starphoenix
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Starphoenix » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:58 am

There's also the part where if someone left around that time and comes back to still see the image hasn't updated...
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by OllieOrOlly » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:40 am

The image preview is a minor issue, true, however, it is - as noted - perhaps a symptom of the likelihood that the writers or anyone directly involved in the strip don't care anymore; the consistently mediocre and repetitive writing also adds credence to the "not caring" factor. To answer a question of "why would they work on something they don't care about?" Well... Maybe they do care and simply have become inept, or more likely there are some contractual obligations?

User avatar
vampire hunter D
Posts: 3812
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Location: Jasoom

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by vampire hunter D » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:26 am

I dont think they do care. Which is why they've annojnced they intend to end it next yesr (despite all the plot threads that no way can be tied up that quickly)
Pointless arguing is one of the three pillars upon which the Internet is built. The other two are of course cat pictures and porn.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by tau neutrino » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 pm
Linnah wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 am
Wouldn't Angel blood make Teddy Angelike-and-thus-something-Chloe's-not-into though? From what I remember that's her whole excuse for not banging an angel in the first place.
As per usual, Teddy isn't giving much thought to his plan. He's looking at an immediate course of action that will provide immediate results without taking a moment to consider the possibility of failure of said idea (outside of the risk to his own life, that is).

Just par of the course for the idiot trying to be the hero for someone who SHOULD be taking care of the issue herself.
Before, you were condemning him for not investing in a strap on and going to town on Chloe.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Fluffy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 pm

And your point is...?

I'll admit that my suggestion wasn't thought through - because, even though Teddy is in a female body, Chloe may still have killed him if she detected the male essence that still lingers within him. And, if she didn't/there was no male essence to feast on, it wouldn't have solved anything.

However, my flawed suggestion has no effect on the plot because 1) I'm not the writer for this train wreck and 2) I'm not a character in the comic giving such bad ideas.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by brasca » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:28 pm

The only thing that would make that last panel better would be for Blair to pop up for a group hug, but then again if he was in the picture he could recommend any number of cryptids to do the deed with Chloe as long as he got to watch.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5066
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Error of Logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:40 pm

As usual, whenever that little freak could actually be useful, he's nowhere to be seen.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by tau neutrino » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 pm
And your point is...?

I'll admit that my suggestion wasn't thought through - because, even though Teddy is in a female body, Chloe may still have killed him if she detected the male essence that still lingers within him. And, if she didn't/there was no male essence to feast on, it wouldn't have solved anything.

However, my flawed suggestion has no effect on the plot because 1) I'm not the writer for this train wreck and 2) I'm not a character in the comic giving such bad ideas.
You give the impression he can't win with you. Teddi's not the writer either. He's not the one who made Chloe uncommunicative and seemingly indifferent to her fate. The only choices he seems to have now are let Chloe kill at least one person or try becoming the ultimate man with angel blood.

Varanus
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-11-17 Angel Blood

Post by Varanus » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:16 pm

brasca wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:28 pm
The only thing that would make that last panel better would be for Blair to pop up for a group hug, but then again if he was in the picture he could recommend any number of cryptids to do the deed with Chloe as long as he got to watch.
My impression is that other cryptids, at least ones our group have access to, are still squishy enough to get killed if they have sex with a virgin succubus. Hence why it's been hammered into us again and again that the only realistic options are male demons or angels. Though one would assume rare extremely "manly" examples exist of other species, presumably they are as hard to find as humans that are that manly.

Post Reply