Dangerously Chloe 9-10-17 All for Nothing

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-10-17 All for Nothing

Post by Error of Logic »

Get a strap-on, change her looks to appear more masculine and take one for the team.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 pm
You're making it seem like this is all Pandora's doing; when it isn't. If anything, she saved Teddy's life by injecting him with Chloe's blood.

As far as the Chloe situation goes, Pandora made it clear to him that demon males would run away from Chloe, Chloe won't touch angels and the only kind of mortal men that could survive deflowering a virgin succubus were a thing of legend. Even when he inquired about football players fitting the bills, the only answer she gave was 'Meh - maybe?' Meaning, Pandora didn't have a clue if it would be a viable option.

Teddy made the conscious decision to sleep with the entire football team, half the swim team and a handful of the jocks exes -all of whom Teddy is well aware of being under a supernatural influence (i.e. - he's taking advantage of drugged people). No one forced him into doing any of that; least of all, Pandora (who was actually surprised that Teddy would go to such lengths).

Like Teddy, Pandora should have encouraged Chloe to go out and get laid. Or, at the very least, get in touch with her mother for advice. Other than that - what else was Pandora supposed to do?
I'm not denying she saved Teddy with the blood thing. I didn't even bring it up I don't think but either way yeah I never denied that.

Pandora is flippant at ALL the time. If it was such a clear no, as we see here with her complete shutdown this page, why didn't she say so? Why did she, knowing full well it wouldn't do anything to help Chloe, continue to let Teddy do it without trying any more ideas to save Chloe? For the lulz???? In which case, why didn't she just let Teddy continue until the last second and THEN go "HA GOTCHA!" just like she did with the whole Screwed Your Mom thing? All the other options she said were bad but to THIS option she says Maybe. How is concluding this is a possible route somehow impossible for Teddi to do? Kind of an obvious conclusion for someone trying to save a life to make.

Now the supernatural influence thing? Yknow there's been tons of squicky things happening and I'm hoping this is one of those things that will be given a less yikes explanation. I know it's the succubi influence so honestly I waffle between going "This is a product of them being demons. Chloe is an outlier and they are literal demons, get over it" and "It's a spin-off of Eerie Cuties, all of it's squicky and weird if you take it seriously get over it!" because I still like most of the characters I stick it out for these reasons. The art helps? Somewhat. And to reiterate, I'm talking to myself with those two sentences so I can keep reading lol.

Pandora is the cryptid in this situation. She definitely could've and should've been doing those two options or some other option we don't know about yet but she hasn't because..why? That's what I'm trying to say. Everyone's crucifying Teddy but "What else was Pandora to do?" Heck, flip any of the 'Teddy should've done this' plans into things Pandora should've done because she' been chloe's friend for YEARS. She knows about ALL OF THIS. She has access to entire demonic libraries and if she tried, angelic libraries as well. She knows tons of people and lore simply from growing up in hell and heck, she could've went to HER OWN MOTHER! She knows there are other supernatural entities from witches to warlocks to vampires which stand to reason she knows there are magical objects and mirrors and talismans and supernatural teachers like those in Magick Chicks/Eerie Cuties. SHE. KNOWS. ALL. OF. THIS!

But somehow..TEDDY..is the one who should know better. TEDDY is the one who should've tried better ideas. That's the part I don't get. Expecting more from Teddy. Than from PANDORA.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Pandora is a side character whose main hobby is playing tricks on people. Teddy is supposed to be the hero of the comic. Once upon a time he seemed fairly intelligent but that all changed. If the hero of your comic suddenly becomes as dumb as a box of hammers people are likely to criticise him a hell off a lot more than they are a more minor character.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 pm
I know it's the succubi influence so honestly I waffle between going "This is a product of them being demons. Chloe is an outlier and they are literal demons, get over it" and "It's a spin-off of Eerie Cuties, all of it's squicky and weird if you take it seriously get over it!"
The closest you'll get to anything like that in EC was the incident where Blair made Nina and Brooke make out with each other, after they were forcibly changed by the Tiresias Orb. And the backlash was over it was enough to cause Giz & Dave to change it two days later (according to the footnote).

Readers had a similar reaction to the incident when Mel zapped Ash and Dio, which caused them to stop fighting and start cleaning each other's tonsils. Point being, supernatural compulsion for the sake of 'sexy fun times' rubs people the wrong way.
TwWayStar wrote:
Pandora is the cryptid in this situation. She definitely could've and should've been doing those two options or some other option we don't know about yet but she hasn't because..why?
Shouldn't we be directing that question at Chloe? It's her life, why hasn't she done anything to try to save herself? Or is she content to let herself die?
TwoWayStar wrote:
she knows there are magical objects and mirrors and talismans and supernatural teachers like those in Magick Chicks/Eerie Cuties. SHE. KNOWS. ALL. OF. THIS!
It's possible Pandora may know about Charybdis, since Chloe briefly attended school there, but there's no guarantee that she does.

But when was it said, or even implied that Pandora knows about either Artemis or Apollo Academy?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Fluffy wrote:
Like Teddy, Pandora should have encouraged Chloe to go out and get laid. Or, at the very least, get in touch with her mother for advice. Other than that - what else was Pandora supposed to do?
Besides not play incredibly dumb pranks on Teddi in a time of crisis, not sure. Heck, the events that made Teddy's transformation necessary mostly happened because of her manipulation of Naomi on Golden Wings and everything that resulted from that, so I'm not sure I'd want her to help out much more without a solid vouch from somebody else.

Edit: And the preview banner remains unchanged. How is it you can produce a whole fucking strip but not cut a small portion of that strip out to make a suitable preview image to entice people in? This is like that Wonder Woman comic that had her in cuffs and under arrest on the cover, only for her to not have any interactions with the police in the issue. It's like some kind of Superdickery.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 pm
Funny thing - Chloe never said she didn't want to kill humans; just that she didn't want to kill Teddy.
Then all she needed to do was go out and pick a handful of men for a rendezvous or two. She didn't, she hasn't, she won't.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Which is what's pissing people off - because for someone who so casually discussed succubus love making to Abby as if it were no big deal; there's no reason for Chloe to be acting the way she is now. If she hasn't taken care of the issue off panel and is still holding out for Teddy to rescue her; the only excuse I can think of is she's either fallen in love with Teddy and is saving herself for him (which is incredibly doubtful - considering she knows what will happen to him if she doesn't have herself under control) or that contract had a fine print stating she can only lose her virginity to Teddy.
TwoWayStar wrote:
Pandora is flippant at ALL the time. If it was such a clear no, as we see here with her complete shutdown this page, why didn't she say so? Why did she, knowing full well it wouldn't do anything to help Chloe, continue to let Teddy do it without trying any more ideas to save Chloe? For the lulz????
Because she didn't know herself if it would work - so, why not give it a shot? As she said in this latest update; legendary means improbable - not impossible. So, who was she to say Teddy was wrong if she had no way of knowing herself (and seeing as Teddy was willing to find out for himself - who was she to stop him?)

Pandora has always been shown as a lazy mooch; can you honestly see this character getting up off her butt and researching ways for succubus to avoid sex - something that their kind requires in order to survive? Pandora knows the only thing that is guaranteed to cure Chloe of what ails her - and that's sex. She has stated this to Teddy, point blank, chapters ago. No research is needed when the cure is already obvious. Teddy was the one who insisted on going through this stupid trial of his because he didn't want anyone to be killed. That foolish idealistic daydream falls on no one's shoulders but his own.
Now the supernatural influence thing? Yknow there's been tons of squicky things happening and I'm hoping this is one of those things that will be given a less yikes explanation.
There isn't any way to make Teddy's actions less squicky- Teddy 'isn't' a succubus; he just has the blood of one mingled in with his own blood. He's very well aware that there is a succubus influence that is affecting the jocks and their former girlfriends into liking/having sex with him - but Teddy is unaware that 'he' is the one that's making it happen (he assumes it's Pandora or another succubus doing it) and uses that as an excuse to 'take responsibility' and have his way with them - because, better him than someone else, I suppose? Which is only making things that much worse.

No matter what way it's sliced; Teddy is taking advantage of drugged peers - which makes him particularly deplorable.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

brasca wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:20 am
Well I wouldn't say it was all for nothing. Teddi lost her virginity to Alchemy so there's that. There's also Daisy and her gang. And the sex with the finalists was pretty intense. And let's not forget Teddi is more popular than when he was a boy so all things considered it wasn't that bad of a ride.
Didn't Teddy already lose his virginity to that Cheerleader Not Lesbian?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Starphoenix

Post by Starphoenix »

So the comic is running on the Gilligan Principle?
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Fluffy wrote:
You're making it seem like this is all Pandora's doing; when it isn't. If anything, she saved Teddy's life by injecting him with Chloe's blood.

As far as the Chloe situation goes, Pandora made it clear to him that demon males would run away from Chloe, Chloe won't touch angels and the only kind of mortal men that could survive deflowering a virgin succubus were a thing of legend. Even when he inquired about football players fitting the bills, the only answer she gave was 'Meh - maybe?' Meaning, Pandora didn't have a clue if it would be a viable option.

Teddy made the conscious decision to sleep with the entire football team, half the swim team and a handful of the jocks exes -all of whom Teddy is well aware of being under a supernatural influence (i.e. - he's taking advantage of drugged people). No one forced him into doing any of that; least of all, Pandora (who was actually surprised that Teddy would go to such lengths).

I'm not denying she saved Teddy with the blood thing. I didn't even bring it up I don't think but either way yeah I never denied that.

Pandora is flippant at ALL the time. If it was such a clear no, as we see here with her complete shutdown this page, why didn't she say so? Why did she, knowing full well it wouldn't do anything to help Chloe, continue to let Teddy do it without trying any more ideas to save Chloe? For the lulz???? In which case, why didn't she just let Teddy continue until the last second and THEN go "HA GOTCHA!" just like she did with the whole Screwed Your Mom thing? All the other options she said were bad but to THIS option she says Maybe. How is concluding this is a possible route somehow impossible for Teddi to do? Kind of an obvious conclusion for someone trying to save a life to make.

Now the supernatural influence thing? Yknow there's been tons of squicky things happening and I'm hoping this is one of those things that will be given a less yikes explanation. I know it's the succubi influence so honestly I waffle between going "This is a product of them being demons. Chloe is an outlier and they are literal demons, get over it" and "It's a spin-off of Eerie Cuties, all of it's squicky and weird if you take it seriously get over it!" because I still like most of the characters I stick it out for these reasons. The art helps? Somewhat. And to reiterate, I'm talking to myself with those two sentences so I can keep reading lol.

Pandora is the cryptid in this situation. She definitely could've and should've been doing those two options or some other option we don't know about yet but she hasn't because..why? That's what I'm trying to say. Everyone's crucifying Teddy but "What else was Pandora to do?" Heck, flip any of the 'Teddy should've done this' plans into things Pandora should've done because she' been chloe's friend for YEARS. She knows about ALL OF THIS. She has access to entire demonic libraries and if she tried, angelic libraries as well. She knows tons of people and lore simply from growing up in hell and heck, she could've went to HER OWN MOTHER! She knows there are other supernatural entities from witches to warlocks to vampires which stand to reason she knows there are magical objects and mirrors and talismans and supernatural teachers like those in Magick Chicks/Eerie Cuties. SHE. KNOWS. ALL. OF. THIS!

But somehow..TEDDY..is the one who should know better. TEDDY is the one who should've tried better ideas. That's the part I don't get. Expecting more from Teddy. Than from PANDORA.
Agreed. And we seem to be the minority of this forum. I still think that Teddy's mind was more altered than he thinks and Teddi is a product of succubi and reaper blood with a gender switch that's all affecting brain chemistry. Maybe that's why she was more eager to find Chloe a suitable man from high school rather than research cryptids, but it's like you said Pandora knows so much more so she really should be looking to find someone who can do the job. If not Ash then Dio. He seemed to have an interest in her and seeing as how it would anger Layla Pandora could be pleased with sowing chaos and saving her best friend's life.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 pm
Varanus wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:08 pm
Innocent people die? Oh, well - that's part of a succubus life and can't be avoided.
Not necessarily, Pandora seems to have avoided it as she used an angel (Zachuriel).
No - Pandora has a lover who happens to be an angel; there's nothing saying that he was her first.
Actually it was all but outright stated when the issue was first brought up : Pandora mentioned that angels could survive, with a shot of her cuddling a scratched up and confused Zach.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It occurs to me that Chloe wouldn’t be in this predicament if she’d been raised in Hell like all the other succubi. She values human life too much. She looks at them as people when they’re supposed to be dinner.

I wonder why her mom did that?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I doubt it was on purpose. She was probably too busy doing her own thing to raise Chloe with the care she should have.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:23 am
It occurs to me that Chloe wouldn’t be in this predicament if she’d been raised in Hell like all the other succubi. She values human life too much. She looks at them as people when they’re supposed to be dinner.
The other cryptids we've seen were also raised among humans and they've adjusted well enough. Layla feeds regularly, Brooke voluntarily became a vegetarian, despite being a carnivore by nature, and Ace seems to get by on normal food, instead of feasting on human flesh and entrails.

The only exception, besides Chloe, was Nina, since it's implied that denying her blood was stunting her growth, both physically and mentally. As soon as she began feeding properly, she began to mature in both aspects.