Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 pm

But he never did and she never volunteered any information on the subject to him.
For all he knows, she sprang fully formed from the soil of Hell, or she's one of the original Fallen.
Last edited by Error of Logic on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Fluffy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Both Teddy and Chloe are guilty of not talking.

Think of how much could have been avoided if they simply communicated with each other instead of taking matters in their respective hands.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

X3N0-Life-Form
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by X3N0-Life-Form » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Exactly.

That Teddy knows whether Chloe has parents or not is IRRELEVANT. He has been established as being a rather curious fellow, he has interacted with Chloe long enough to notice she is not an uterly alien being ans therefore is likely to have a number of similarities with human being, and more to the point, he can ask her if she has any sort of parental figure, or at the very least, someone that might be capable of offering guidance.

Now, we're not omniscient, we only know of what we are shown, but from what we've seen, Teddy in particular displayed a unfortunate failure in communication (although Chloe's not blameless either in that regard). Again, this is comedy - I'd argue that everybody in ma3 has a worse track record than Teddy, so if it all lead to a good joke, that would be OK. Given how lackluster the last few chapters have been in that regard however, I'm not too optimistic in that regard.

In any case, it's still a bit early to tell where this particular chapter will be going.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2913
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by brasca » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 am

Agreed. And I really hope the punchline isn't "you never asked." I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that a lot of exposition we really want to hear that would settle so many arguments was discussed off panel, but will ultimately be revealed some time soon.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by tau neutrino » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:47 pm
tau neutrino wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:37 pm
Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm
So even if Teddy thinks of Chloe as a Hellspawn, it's still safe for him to assume she has parents, unless she's told him otherwise.
You're acting like Teddy is a reader of the webcomic.
Everyone has parents. That's common sense, he doesn't need to read a comic to know that.
You were using as an arguement
The closest you'll get to anything like that in the *C-verse is Mel, who may, or may not, have been magically created by the power that fused Ana and Dakota together. But she still has parents, regardless.
That only makes sense if you know what the *C-verse is.
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:28 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:50 pm
Chloe. Is not. Human.
Which doesn't change anything. Animals aren't human either, but their offspring still have parents.

It's the same in sci-fi series and fantasy works, which often include nonhuman characters and all of them still have parents regardless. Even Link (a Hylian btw) and the Avatar have parents and both of them perpetually reincarnate. Hyppolita literally made Diana from clay, but she's still her mother.

So why would Teddy simply assume Chloe is an exception to that? Even if he has doubts about it, all he has to do is ask her.
As Error of Logic pointed out in the section you cut, Chloe is not even a terrestrial lifeform, but a demon from a Hell dimension where the Earth rules don't apply. Demons usually are thought of as embodied spirits or fallen angels, traditionally without parents. Can you say for sure whether the angels in DC have parents?
X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:51 pm
That Teddy knows whether Chloe has parents or not is IRRELEVANT. He has been established as being a rather curious fellow, he has interacted with Chloe long enough to notice she is not an uterly alien being ans therefore is likely to have a number of similarities with human being, and more to the point, he can ask her if she has any sort of parental figure, or at the very least, someone that might be capable of offering guidance.

Succubi reproduction doesn't have many similarities to human's, which was played for laughs. Since females can't get pregnant, it's debatable whether Adora can actually be considered Chloe's mother. Father might be as accurate. The closest parental figure Teddy's seen with Chloe is Sgt. Slash-stab. He'd figure there would be a reason Chloe's only ally is a succubus who's hiding from the rest.

X3N0-Life-Form
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by X3N0-Life-Form » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:50 pm

My point is that regardless of what he thinks he knows about succubi (or even what we know) or has seen, the most logical and to the point thing to do is ask a bunch of very simple questions :
Do succubi have parents ?
Do you have any sort of mentor figure or teacher or friend that could help us figure this out ?

But as far as we know, he hasn't discussed the issue with Chloe at all, which I find a bit odd given his previously established curious nature and practical mind, especially given the length of time involved. Now, it's OK to bend characterization a bit in a comedy from time to time for the sake of a joke, but the last few chapters have been rather lackluster in that regard.

Speaking of the length of time involved, I'm figuring this has been lasting at least a few weeks, probably close to a month :
- A couple of days to settle into his new body and make plans to date all the boys
- I'd guess about a week to date the boys & piss off their girlfriends, assuming the guys agreed to go on a date they day they are being asked out
- Probably another week to fuck all the girls
- Assuming Lance came home on the week-end, and given that Teddy had some time to know his coworkers and make a shitload of money, I'd go with a week and a half for the last chapter

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:10 pm

tau neutrino wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 pm
That only makes sense if you know what the *C-verse is.
If you're gonna quote a post, then do it in context.

That was in response to Error of Logic saying Teddy shouldn't assume Chloe has parents, on the grounds that she isn't human. My point was it doesn't matter that she isn't human, she still has parents regardless. Nor does Teddy have reason to assume otherwise, unless he somehow thinks she just poofed into existence. And the closest you'll get to that, is Mel.
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:28 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:50 pm
Chloe. Is not. Human.
Which doesn't change anything. Animals aren't human either, but their offspring still have parents.
@tau neutrino: As seen in this part ↑↑↑ of our conversation that you quoted.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Dude, I didn't say he shouldn't assume Chloe has parents, but that he has no reason to assume she does.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:17 pm

@Error of Logic: Then what reason would he have to think that she doesn't? :-??

There hasn't been a single instance I can think of (across all media) where any character simply sprang forth from the ether. Even emancipated children still have biological parents.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm

He knows Chloe isn't human, and is not a terrestrial lifeform. He knows her biology is alien.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Assume for a moment that we were never introduced to Maria and her husband, Eugene. Would you, or anyone, simply assume that Layla and Nina didn't have parents just because they're vampires? Because Teddy would essentially be doing the same thing.

Klingons, Vulcans, Béijorans, Wookies, etc. are all aliens with their own biology too. Yet, no one doubts that any of them have parents. So why would Chloe be any different?
Last edited by Gotoh on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Different kind of alien. She isn't just from a different planet, she's from a wholly different plane of existence.

As for Layla and Nina, until we had confirmation that they're biologically related, as vampires they could have been "sisters" because they were Turned by the same master vampire.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Error of Logic wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:03 pm
Different kind of alien. She isn't just from a different planet, she's from a wholly different plane of existence.
Is a different star system really all that different from an alternate dimension?

It's like the whole "what counts as "anime" debate. What difference does it make where it comes from, it's still the same thing.
Error of Logic wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:03 pm
As for Layla and Nina, until we had confirmation that they're biologically related, as vampires they could have been "sisters" because they were Turned by the same master vampire.
Even if they'd only been turned, it'd mean they were human once. So they would still have biological parents.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Error of Logic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:37 pm

A different plane of existence by definition lies outside of our own. It is not subject to the same natural laws, unlike other planets on our own plane of existence.

Yes. If they had been turned, they would once have had biological parents.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-09-17 Overdid the Shape Shifting

Post by Gotoh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Fair point.

But all Teddy has to do is ask and he'd know that Chloe at least has a mom (since Adora might've eviscerated her father).

Post Reply