Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11498
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Spidrift » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm

People are welcome to express opinions; that's why Pixietrix goes to the trouble and expense of running these boards, after all. And we all have opinions that matter to us. And yes, the creators may well keep half an eye on what's said here. But if they aren't stupid - and they aren't - they'll know that what people post online is only very loosely related to what the majority of the people who they're selling to the advertisers actually think.

I mean, just look at the below-the-line comments on any general news site. I do believe that there are some fairly awful people in the world, but the comments in those places will make you think that humanity is a race of evil-minded politically extremist sociopaths who can't spell.

So if you think that shouting loud enough here will change the direction of this comic - you're wrong. Remember, it's free - which means that you are the product. And shouting about it shows that you're reading it, which means that your eyeballs can be sold to advertisers.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Starphoenix
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Starphoenix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Was the Eerie Cuties comic of Blair mind controlling Brooke into a lesbian kiss changed because of advertisers or because people made a huge deal about it?

Was the comment that one cheerleader made about her lesbian parents being close minded changed because of advertisers or because people cried foul?

I'm personally not interested in having this particular comic changed, but there are two changes that happened because of fan backlash... unless I'm wrong... am I?
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Comic Read: 09/18/17

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11498
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Spidrift » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:14 pm

I don't go back as far as the first of those. The second was changed, as I recall, because the intent was always meant to be that the kid wasn't really a lesbian, she just got a little confused because having two lesbian moms made her see that as the norm - but the initial wording made it seem like they were trying to brainwash her, which is deeply offensive, so the wording was tweaked for clarity and to avoid making people legitimately angry.

Which is cool. No sense in letting poor wording cause unintended offense. It's not much different to fixing a spelling or syntax error which a reader points out, or the position of a speech bubble - which also happens. But it's not the same as changing the direction of the entire comic due to fan yelling.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Gotoh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Starphoenix wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 pm
Was the Eerie Cuties comic of Blair mind controlling Brooke into a lesbian kiss changed because of advertisers or because people made a huge deal about it?
Yes, Giz and Dave even included a footnote about the change at the bottom of the page, along with a link to the original version of that particular strip.

Just as Adam Arnold explained several times why Book 4 of VC wound up being cut, due to a combination of fans dropping the comic and lost ad revenue. He even said the decision to include Leonard in the final Vol. was an attempt to keep the readers he had left, since the readers liked him.

Edit: I'm not sure why the link isn't working, I entered the URL exactly as it appears in the archive. :-\

User avatar
lordoffiling
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by lordoffiling » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm

It just kills me how worked up the PixieTrix forums get is all. I mean, come on. Chloe dealt with a thing called Doompanties at one point in her life.

Doompanties.

Doom. Panties.

DOOM PANTIES.

People are on here allowing their blood pressure to rise, as if this whole thing should be taken seriously, and there are DOOMPANTIES in this universe.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2913
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by brasca » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm
Advertisers and corporate meddlers have serious money. Random discussion board posters don't. That is the difference that people seem weirdly to be ignoring.

Money talks.

(You may occasionally get the odd tweak when a mass of comments on the boards cause the creators to realise that there's been a serious failure of communication - that a given strip is wildly easy to misinterpret. That's fine, if the creators are serious enough to worry about miscommunication. But a mere assortment of complaints about things that are perfectly well communicated? Pfah. That's raw white noise, commercially unimportant and artistically irrelevant.)
Indeed. Unless the most recent Kickstarter did poorly for Dangerously Chloe related books and merchandise then I don't see anything changing just to satisfy the peanut gallery. People on this board may think they are a big deal, but we're only the ones that bother to comment. How many other readers stay away from boards like these because they don't have the time or patience? As long as they buy what Pixie Trix is selling it's all just sound an fury signifying nothing.

And with that said I just realized what the Pandora may have pulled an epic prank within a prank. Having sex with Pandora is not akin to sex with his mother, however, Pandora has been doing the dirty with his Dad for several days and you know what they say about having sex with someone who's had sex with other people. In other words Teddi had sex with his Dad and I bet that will be Pandora's coup de grace.

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Gotoh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:46 pm

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm
It just kills me how worked up the PixieTrix forums get is all. I mean, come on. Chloe dealt with a thing called Doompanties at one point in her life.
That's apples to organges.

The worst that happened in the Doompanties arc was Chloe being possessed by them and trying to steal Layla's fiancee. It didn't involve Nina or Layla banging mindcontrolled teens, or incest (by blood, marriage, or otherwise).

User avatar
Tython
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:15 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Tython » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:52 pm

yeah this arc has been all sorts of creepy but I think this is the low point of it.

Sokora
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Sokora » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:17 am

Okay. I'm gonna have to admit some things.

First off...this chapter has been very boner-tastic. But man...it's a LONG chapter. And it has a lot of (girl) Teddy boning girls. Part of me IS weirded out that Teddy is getting away with this as a girl...mainly due to Succubus Pheromones. And part of me is enjoying the ride at seeing lots of girls getting naked. And part of me is quite irritated that they're not taking things further out. I wanna see some actual nudity...though I know that part of it is due to Ad Revenue... but it feels like they're trying to tell a joke but not able to give us the full punchline.

As for this particular page...I'm happy. Teddy should be happy too. Pandora's his step-mom so he's in the clear. In fact, go right ahead and bang Pandora again! You deserve it!

Seriously though. This has been a LONG-ASS chapter. Is anyone getting endgame vibes off of this? I mean...I get the feeling that either this one, or the one that follows...Dangerously Chloe's gonna end?

User avatar
Starphoenix
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Starphoenix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 am

We can only hope.
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Comic Read: 09/18/17

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by LegendaryKroc » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:38 am

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm
People are welcome to express opinions; that's why Pixietrix goes to the trouble and expense of running these boards, after all. And we all have opinions that matter to us. And yes, the creators may well keep half an eye on what's said here. But if they aren't stupid - and they aren't - they'll know that what people post online is only very loosely related to what the majority of the people who they're selling to the advertisers actually think.

I mean, just look at the below-the-line comments on any general news site. I do believe that there are some fairly awful people in the world, but the comments in those places will make you think that humanity is a race of evil-minded politically extremist sociopaths who can't spell.

So if you think that shouting loud enough here will change the direction of this comic - you're wrong. Remember, it's free - which means that you are the product. And shouting about it shows that you're reading it, which means that your eyeballs can be sold to advertisers.
brasca wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm
Advertisers and corporate meddlers have serious money. Random discussion board posters don't. That is the difference that people seem weirdly to be ignoring.

Money talks.

(You may occasionally get the odd tweak when a mass of comments on the boards cause the creators to realise that there's been a serious failure of communication - that a given strip is wildly easy to misinterpret. That's fine, if the creators are serious enough to worry about miscommunication. But a mere assortment of complaints about things that are perfectly well communicated? Pfah. That's raw white noise, commercially unimportant and artistically irrelevant.)
Indeed. Unless the most recent Kickstarter did poorly for Dangerously Chloe related books and merchandise then I don't see anything changing just to satisfy the peanut gallery. People on this board may think they are a big deal, but we're only the ones that bother to comment. How many other readers stay away from boards like these because they don't have the time or patience? As long as they buy what Pixie Trix is selling it's all just sound an fury signifying nothing.
Oh God, shut up both of you. It's bad enough we've got this sudden, out of nowhere plot twist that makes a mockery of my and many other people's ability to suspend disbelief, but any more of this comment-stream nihilism with apathy sauce you're serving and I'll lose all faith in my ability to influence anyone's opinion about anything.

Sorry if I'm being rude, but I'm in a rarely foul mood. Dumb plot points and characters like Pandora just bring that out in me.

Alexander Collins
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:58 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Alexander Collins » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:06 am

The only way this comic can redeem itself after this awful chapter is if it all turns out to be a nightmare of Teddi's, Teddi goes full demon and MAIMS Pandora, or if the next chapter is about Teddi getting her revenge on Pandora for everything she's done. And I mean Pandora actually suffers. Not Teddi trying to get back at her and it backfires because
1. That would not be funny in the least bit
2. Pandora had it coming since her first appearance
and
3. It would be cathartic for 98% of the people here.

User avatar
Dorgengoa
BANNED
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 am
Location: On your grave, dancing my heart out.
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Dorgengoa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:13 am

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm
Doompanties
Maybe that's part of the problem. Who's this comic even for, anymore? Horny teenagers who haven't found better sites, and also have a ton of patience for ham-fisted, poorly-made wank fodder? People who don't care about quality, who will bend over backwards to defend shitty writing because "oh, it's meant to be silly, you're taking it too seriously"?

Screw it. This comic is a symptom of the greater sickness that is its shared universe. Not a single goddamn one of the "Cutieverse" comics was any good, and I only ever read them for the reasons people go on r/watchpeopledie - morbid fascination. Turns out, better webcomics exist. I have options, and I'm free to quit reading something I get nothing from. I owe the creators no loyalty, and neither do any of you.

Funny thing is, I'm not even worked up or mad about it all. Just bored with this drivel and out of good will. Doesn't matter if others aren't; the majority could be eating this up and begging for more, for all I know or care. I'll pray for y'all.
This is getting out of hand.

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by OllieOrOlly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:26 am

Huh, curiosity lead me back here, but I didn't expect the thread to get so... heavy?
Well, my two cents: I didn't think it needed saying, but that's why one shouldn't assume~ Didn't think it needed saying, yet I don't believe my comments have significance or power to affect the comic. I just like to blab my opinions out in joking and/or critical ways in the forums because it is the only place where I can do it; if someone agrees, good, if someone has a counterpoint, well, I'm not thrilled but don't take it personally as long as they have valid points and are - at the very least - not impolite.
Also, I know what I previously said about assuming, nevertheless presumably most who post here know that there are silent masses who may or may not share similar thoughts, but they opt to not post in the forums (which doesn't make their opinions any more or less valid than ours). A comment excersising pedantry, but apparently needed for certainty.

Additional thoughts on the comic itself: "because succubus" may be a believable excuse, but like any overused route, it will become tedious and would eventually seem like lazy writing rather than keeping to character.
Pandora is a one-note character, which is perfectly fine, yet since she has dominated both screen time and impact on the plot, it becomes increasingly less entertaining.
Another problem is the supposed *hero* being so warped beyond original characterisation - there is character development, then there is abandoning established personality; I don't sympathise with Teddi for again falling victim to Pandora's trolling because he himself has been performing immoral actions (not demonising him for extreme promiscuity or stripping, but rather him using magic* to brainwash almost all with whom he performs either), and his histrionics could be amusing at some times, but like Pandora's trolling, have become just boring.
The punchline of "banged your mama," is not only underwhelming, but also not accurate. Though, I do understand why Pandora would make the leap to mess with Teddi's mind even more. No actual incest, however, he did have violent sex with his father's wife - who had also been continuously doing Pandora previously. Teddi didn't do her *right after* his dad, yet it still really uncomfortable and he did commit adultery (succubus pheromones should mean little against Teddi, at this point).

If you get through this mini-essay, kudos and let's stay respectful. :)

*Teddi was ignorant at first, but he is still supposed to be smart and I think it did explicitly show him figuring out his Kilgrave-esque powers of suggestion.

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Gotoh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:39 am

Dorgengoa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:13 am
Not a single goddamn one of the "Cutieverse" comics was any good.
I respectfully disagree. EC and MC were far better than DC currently is, and far better than DC has ever been.

Post Reply