Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
Varanus
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Varanus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:00 pm

But is that really comparable? Nothing bad happened to Pandora due to the blackmail, indeed she had a fair amount of fun as I recall, whereas Teddy has gone through things that realistically would leave lasting psychological scars. Of course such a thing won't likely happen due to the rules this universe runs by and Teddy's seemingly now rather twisted state of mind, but even then consequences are still a lot worse than the blackmail Pandora had to deal with.

User avatar
Starphoenix
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Starphoenix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, let's investigate that. Pandora's motivation to do Abby's bidding (post mortem) was that Teddy would find out and possibly do something to Pandora. Now, with what we've seen so far, Pandora doesn't really seem to be all that concerned with the repercussion of pissing off Teddy and in fact planned for it (apparently). Is this an inconsistency with the character as a whole?
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Comic Read: 09/18/17

User avatar
Tython
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:15 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Tython » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:56 pm

It might be the fact that now she is technically his mother now so she thinks that Teddy no longer has any power over her and so she has decided to go all out as she pleases.
Last edited by Tython on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dorgengoa
BANNED
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 am
Location: On your grave, dancing my heart out.
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Dorgengoa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Brasca the Cross-Eyed Harlequin Fetus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:53 am
> You don't like this chapter well too bad.
>most of the naysayers on this forum
>it's not a waste
>Most of the complaints from this forum...
>as soon as someone says rape I skip to the next post.
>I would be ecstatic if all the people [...] left
>they'll be back
>hate read
In order:
>Nobody has to like the chapter, and you're implying people are acting spoiled if they don't like it.
>Just say "Dorgengoa", instead of all that extra fluff.
>It is a waste
>"...are entirely justified", is what you're secretly thinking
>I wonder why that might be. Certainly not suspicious at all.
>Now, when you say "people", it seems pretty safe to say you really mean "dirty Italians like Dorgengoa".
>"They'll be back! They'll all be back! And they'll all see how right I am, ahahahahaha!"
>And now you're saying we Italians can't read.

Okay, so maybe I'm being just a teeny bit facetious, here. I'll quit fucking around and say what I really mean, unlike you (and others). Dave Lumsdon (or whoever wrote this, if the comic page is outdated) can't write a good, compelling story. Every single page just sort of follows the previous one, and it never looks like even the tiniest bit of planning went into it. That impression and lack of flow aren't helped by one of the characters flat-out shouting "It's just a prank, bro!", as if that fixes anything or makes it better. Every single person who's left a comment on this and other Pixie Trix comics lately, complaining (or as your sort like to think of it, "whining") about the severe decline in quality? Well, we're all 100% objectively correct. It doesn't matter who does or doesn't comment, how many clicks the page gets, or how many brain-dead imps like to crow "It'll get better! Just wait, it's about to get better!" until the fucking cows come home.

Dangerously Chloe is a shitty webcomic that started off at least a little bit promising. Eerie Cuties is a shitty webcomic that had some promise at some point. Magick Chicks is a shitty webcomic that had a few good ideas. Vampire Cheerleaders, Aoi House, Paranormal Mystery Squad, Menage a 3, are all shitty webcomics that were, at one point or another, promising or at least reasonably entertaining. Look how many of those are currently running. And I mean actually running, not "We're just putting it on hiatus for a while, and occasionally put out a hugely-divisive bonus mini-chapter" running. The only one I remotely enjoy anymore is Sandra on the Rocks, and even that's waning. You think I'll be back? Well, it doesn't really matter to me what you think, dumbass. Fuck you. You're desperately clinging to a ship that was sunk long ago, screaming through the seawater that we just need to wait a little longer, as if there aren't literally thousands of better webcomics out there. And yes, I am reading plenty of those instead, before you even say a fucking thing about that.

I won't be reading the comics anymore. I will, however, continue antagonising anyone who thinks these creators actually put out good content, until the ability is taken away from me. Because, despite your inherent lack of correctness and sense, you deserve better. This isn't some obsessive crusade of justice, either, far from it. It's one bored man's abundance of free time, being put to a purpose I find amusing. Much like my consumption of this comic, I'll just keep plodding on until I get bored. Feel free to be dismissive, derisive, haughty, whatever you like. It doesn't affect me, and I'm only going to put in as much effort as I feel like at any given moment.

So, once more, to everyone reading this who thinks "Things will get better, I wish these naysayers would just shush their faces for a bit."
Fuck you, and good luck. You're gonna need it.
Rearanged quote as it looked really weird. For everything else see two pages on.

The DAMNed
This is getting out of hand.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2731
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Fluffy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

I can understand the ire when someone acts condescending towards others and believe that everyone is entitled to speaking their mind on any given topic - but, really, lay off the verbal insults; it sullies your point when you resort to throwing insults at each other.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Dave Zero1
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Dave Zero1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Dorgengoa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm
I will, however, continue antagonising anyone who thinks these creators actually put out good content,
Sorry, man, you can say whatever you want about me or my work, but if by your own admission you're only here to antagonize other posters then you're out of here.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination
Posts: 5498
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by 'J' » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 pm

You know, I really do not understand some people's apparent need to publicly announce that they're not going to read a comic, or visit a forum anymore.

Do they actually think that "Fuck this, I'm out!" is a meaningful contribution to the conversation?

Is it a desire to be heard, despite having nothing worth while to say?

Is it a petty little desire to 'hit back', as though the website has somehow wronged them personally?

Or is it so that they can secretly come back later, lurking through the thread, hoping desperately that someone, anyone will care enough about them to try and talk them into coming back?

Lerianis
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Lerianis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Actually, step-momma. Which makes it a whole hell of a lot less 'squicky' in my personal opinion and more outrageously hot.

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by LegendaryKroc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 am

brasca wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:53 am
I cannot speak for Spidrift on this, but I will continue to state my opinion on this as long as I please. You don't like this chapter well too bad. It's not a favorite of mine, but I haven't felt as repelled as most of the naysayers on this forum because I'm curious to see where this is going and I really haven't been disappointed. This is completely in character for Pandora and I can totally see her doing some long term planning so what's implausible about it? And it's not a waste since we've gotten some exposition on why Chloe is feeling better as well as how far Teddi is willing to go to save her. Most of the complaints from this forum are from the people who try to apply human behavior and laws to cryptids and their hybrids which is so tiresome that as soon as someone says rape I skip to the next post. Personally, I would be ecstatic if all the people who claim that they are done with this webcomic actually left, but they've been saying that for weeks and the fact this thread is now 7 pages long proves they'll be back to hate read Wednesday.
Opinion? I'm not talking about expressing your opinion. You do have the right to express yourself on a forum. Especially on contentious topics like this strip.

But what you and Spidrift were doing goes way beyond mere opinion and the expression thereof. You were talking down to us by saying something that, without clarification or indications of humility, sounded awfully like "Hahaha the poor idiots think their opinions matter!" It was patronising and it came THIS close *holds finger and thumb close together* to posturing. Maybe it is true that none of the writers here really care a jot for our opinions and will do whatever the hell they like so long as the revenue keeps flowing. Maybe it is also true that there are a lot of people out there reading this and the other comics here who don't care enough either way about the issues raised all over this chapter to pass comment either way. But let me ask you a question or two: a) Are we any richer for having read your borderline condescending expressions of that info? I know I don't feel like it helped me any. And related to that... b) Was there not a more diplomatic way to put it than "Money talks"? I know I would have tried to be more polite about it if I were the one saying it.

Opinions are one thing, but attitude and tone are another thing. Something to watch out for.

Further, I'm not talking about whether it was implausible for Pandora to be egocentric and bitchy. I'm talking, like so many others here, about the quality of the writing on display and what it has just revealed this atrocious chapter plot has been building towards.

We've seen Pandora at her most infuriating and obnoxious throughout, flaunting her author-given resistance to lasting consequences and suffering of any kind while doing incredibly mean-spirited things to Teddy, Teddy using pheromones to achieve borderline Mary Sue influence over near-everyone he's met, Chloe remaining in the background of her own comic (a problem for a number of chapters now) and an utterly unpleasant subplot in which Teddy became a stripper because... that's totally what we came to this comic to see - a bunch of "jokes" about a pseudo-succubus using mind-influencing chemicals to cheat at life because ha ha big boobies, I guess? I kept reading despite my growing distaste for all this out of the hope it would get better, and when that didn't happen, curiosity kept me coming back to see how they were going to get under my skin this time.

At least, I thought, there would be an actual valid reason for all this, one that would proportionately pay us back for continuing to read through some rather uncomfortable subject matter. I don't know what exactly I was expecting instead, but a Fridge Logic-dependent BANGED UR MOM joke was not the first thing that sprung to mind. And I'm flatly disappointed the writers made that decision, as is my right and my right to talk about it on this forum.

And for the record, maybe you think Earth-to-Hell cross-cultural kerfuffles are a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card that justifies and handwaves any kind of behaviour on Pandora's part that would, if I'm reading your words right, be considered immoral, cruel, in poor taste and/or mean-spirited if she were a human and not a succubus. But I don't. My opinion is that such things are a reason that inform Pandora's actions and motives at the most, not carte blanche to be a bitch and not expect retaliation. By the logic of your interpretation the angels should be above question or criticism on certain fronts too, because sexual repression appears to be a written law of some kind in Heaven for the caretakers.

And finally, if this comic and those preceding it appealed to you enough for you to enjoy them, more power to you. But they didn't appeal to me and they didn't appeal to a great many of the people here. You know how I know? Because apart from simply reading about it, a cursory glance back at a number of threads for strips in all three active Pixietrix comics will reveal I never partook in many of them. Those people who don't care enough to comment you and Spidrift mentioned? I happen to be one of them on and off right now.

What I'm trying to say is, if you want to discuss the strip and people's reactions to it, fine, that's your right. What isn't your right is to condescend to us over whether or not anyone cares about what we post and then hide behind the "it's just my opinion" argument to dismiss anyone who doesn't respond well to your comments. That's the jist of what I'm getting at. Moving on.

User avatar
Tython
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:15 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Tython » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:09 am

This borad needs a like system since I would like that comment a thousand times over.

Varanus
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Varanus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 am

Spidrift I don't think was trying to be condescending, just expressing a hard truth in a fairly blunt way about the nature of how these comics work. If one realizes that their comments on this board indeed are likely to have little effect on the comic's writing then its fair to say Spidrift's comment was not directed at them.

Just saying its best to try not to read too many intentions into things said over the internet, and to judge tone and such with a grain of salt due, again, to how difficult it can be to tell those things from internet comments. For me at least it makes things a lot less stressful.

Zafnak
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Zafnak » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:12 am

I cannot speak for Spidrift on this, but I will continue to state my opinion on this as long as I please. You don't like this chapter well too bad. It's not a favorite of mine, but I haven't felt as repelled as most of the naysayers on this forum because I'm curious to see where this is going and I really haven't been disappointed. This is completely in character for Pandora and I can totally see her doing some long term planning so what's implausible about it? And it's not a waste since we've gotten some exposition on why Chloe is feeling better as well as how far Teddi is willing to go to save her. Most of the complaints from this forum are from the people who try to apply human behavior and laws to cryptids and their hybrids which is so tiresome that as soon as someone says rape I skip to the next post. Personally, I would be ecstatic if all the people who claim that they are done with this webcomic actually left, but they've been saying that for weeks and the fact this thread is now 7 pages long proves they'll be back to hate read Wednesday.


I can somewhat agree, This hasn't been my favorite chapter either, but looking back at it so far I've been trying to find one undeniably positive thing happening in this whole arc. And I think I have. The one shining example of positiveness in all of this (so far) the one thing that CANNOT BE DENIED....

There is now a very alive stripper that would otherwise be a very dead stripper.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2913
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by brasca » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:06 am

Oh Dorgengoa it's a pity Lady Obvious got banned from this forum some time ago. I think you too would hit it off famously. You both have that same shrill tone of leftwing lunacy, but to your credit you don't write most of your sentences in capital letters.

I actually want to thank you for making this exciting. It was almost 10 years ago that I first got involved in message boards and was no stranger to being unpopular when I vigorously defended the character of Helen Tomalin from Penny & Aggie. Those were some exciting arguments in those day and I got involved out of a sense of fairness. I've defended Teddi on this board because she's not aware of what she's doing and I defend the creators of this strip since I trust their judgement and want to see where this story is going without it having to be suddenly edited because of the constant whinging.

dmra
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by dmra » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 am

Zafnak wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:12 am

I can somewhat agree, This hasn't been my favorite chapter either, but looking back at it so far I've been trying to find one undeniably positive thing happening in this whole arc. And I think I have. The one shining example of positiveness in all of this (so far) the one thing that CANNOT BE DENIED....

There is now a very alive stripper that would otherwise be a very dead stripper.
Yay! A minor character we hadn't seen before and won't see again didn't die a sordid fictional death. That makes this whole sorry arc which has made Teddy into a fundamentally unlikable person entirely worthwhile.

Next chapter we see Abby manipulated into becoming a serial killer but it's OK because a fictional puppy gets to survive.

I can take or leave Pandora. Sometimes I've liked her, sometimes not. But twisting one main character and "disappearing" another just for a punchline where it's revealed that it was all because Pandora was pulling a prank was never likely to endear her to anybody but her biggest fans.

I don't want to quit the comic. I hope it gets better and I'll express my disapproval in the hope that it does.
Last edited by dmra on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11498
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by Spidrift » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 am

'J' wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 pm
You know, I really do not understand some people's apparent need to publicly announce that they're not going to read a comic, or visit a forum anymore.
Ironically enough, someone saying that they're not reading a comic any more is one thing I might imagine influencing the creators - if that's what matters to someone. Assuming, mind, that (a) they appear to mean it, (b) they give some reason for stopping, and (c) the comic is suffering a measurable drop in readership at the time.

Like I said, the creators can generally live with a comic being criticised; that comes with the territory. (If they can't they need a different job.) What is actually a problem is it not being read. That costs money. So knowing why readers are quitting could actually be important.

But of course, just yelling "I quit!" (and then coming back a week later) won't achieve much.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Post Reply