Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

OllieOrOlly

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-09-17 Banged Yo Mama

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Probably already a term, or variation of it exists, but cringe-watching?
This comic stopped being enjoyable for me a some time ago, yet I continue to read in spite of this; maybe it is partly out of hope that it will get better, but a part of me thinks it is just a desire to be annoyed?

If Pandora getting Teddi to hatef**k was for a massive troll, kind of a mediocre pay-off, to be honest. Perhaps it would've been too clichéd if Pandora's actions were a part of scheme to destabilise the balance of good and evil, yet an a-hole character with no redeeming qualities doing stuff "for the lulz. Hurr hurr hurr," isn't a more entertaining substitute.

Might be reading too much into it, but the comment Teddi made about "literally demon from hell" seems almost directed at people who have complained...

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

so, to all you people incessantly bitching and moaning about how the comic has lost its way, and ruined forever:

do you realize that this has only been one chapter?
Yet still, I live...

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 am
Probably already a term, or variation of it exists, but cringe-watching?
This comic stopped being enjoyable for me a some time ago, yet I continue to read in spite of this; maybe it is partly out of hope that it will get better, but a part of me thinks it is just a desire to be annoyed?

If Pandora getting Teddi to hatef**k was for a massive troll, kind of a mediocre pay-off, to be honest. Perhaps it would've been too clichéd if Pandora's actions were a part of scheme to destabilise the balance of good and evil, yet an a-hole character with no redeeming qualities doing stuff "for the lulz. Hurr hurr hurr," isn't a more entertaining substitute.

Might be reading too much into it, but the comment Teddi made about "literally demon from hell" seems almost directed at people who have complained...
I know how you feel. Most of the people still reading this comic is cringing at every moment and are only enduring it for it to improve. Nobody likes Pandora because she litterally has no redeeming qualities and hurts people just for the fun of it. And the writers simply won't get rid of her because they think what she does is entertaining.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

i like pandora and find what she does entertaining
Yet still, I live...

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

?
'J' wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:16 am
so, to all you people incessantly bitching and moaning about how the comic has lost its way, and ruined forever:

Yes. It just feels longer because they only update twice a week.

Double post merged and quote removed. The DAMNed

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Alexander Collins wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am
Nobody likes Pandora because she litterally has no redeeming qualities and hurts people just for the fun of it. And the writers simply won't get rid of her because they think what she does is entertaining.
Yeah. I can find an irredeemable character entertaining and sometimes even oddly likeable (heck, look at the Joker, Eric Cartman, and most Disney villains, just to name a few), however, Pandora doesn't quite measure up; I guess one reason is that her overall character is rather boring. I don't hate her like many seem to, but I certainly don't like her and don't find her aimless antics amusing.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
what makes you say that?
Yet still, I live...

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

'J' wrote:
For want of a nail, the shoe was lost, for want of a shoe, the horse was lost, for want of a horse, the messenger was lost, for want of a messenger, the battle was lost, for want of a battle, the kingdom was lost.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

dmra

Post by dmra »

'J' wrote:

Yep.

One chapter in which Teddy has changed gender, fundamentally changed his character including going from having romantic feelings for Chloe to banging pretty much every girl and several supernatural entities who have crossed his path and made a cuckold out of his own father.

All so we can get the punchline "You banged yo Mama"

So the comic may not be "ruined forever" but it certainly has changed a hell of a lot and not for the better.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Yeah, it's been a standard succubi defense on the forum for a while now. I don't think it's as foolproof an excuse as some people make it out to be, but from an objective standpoint, it does make a certain amount of sense.

As for today's comic : ... all of this for that ? I'm not buying it, it's so contrived that it makes Pandora either insanely good or insanely lucky. I mean I buy her motives, sure, I'm not buying that it went "all according to plan", when said plan relies on people reacting a very specific way to specific events.

I also get the feeling that the comic suffers from being updated only twice a week.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Alexander Collins wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 am
tyramisu wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 am
I would have a blade made with the purest metals I could, have it blessed by as many religions as possible, quenched in Blessed oils and Holy Water and then I'd stab the little b***h until she either leaves back to the Otherwold or bleeds out.

And if asked why, I'd say 'It's all a PRANK'.
:-bd And I'll be there with a six pack of beer when your done!
I don't drink, but I'd happily give you a hearty handshake.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Alexander Collins wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 am
You're not the only one. At least 98% of the people on this forum hate her with a passion.
My hate isn't directed at the character (Pandora's a demon - demons do immoral things; so I'm fine with her causing chaos); my ire is directed at the piss poor writing.

I mean, really - we're supposed to believe that Pandora thought up the entire prank the very moment she laid eyes on Lance - marrying him (or making him believe they married) just so she could piss Teddy off enough that he'd hate fuck her? There's suspending belief, and then there's having to literally shut off your brain in order to overlook the stupidity behind it all.

The only way this can be redeemed is if 1) Pandora had an ulterior motive behind the prank; to prove that Teddy was virile enough to handle sex with a demon; making his chances of surviving his first time with Chloe more probable or 2) because of the psychic/empathic link between Teddy and Chloe; Chloe transformed in the middle of Abby's birthday party. It would be squicky as fuck (as it would be Chloe going in to full on ecstacy in the middle of a group of minors); but it would expose the supernatural problem that was right under Lance's nose.

But, I know I'm expecting far too much from this.
'J' wrote:

Only takes one to ruin the whole bunch, you know?

Brasca, this is a PG-13 comic, please tone down the language. The DAMNed
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I admit that I'm only reading this comic because it's next door to some I like, and there's the occasional cross-reference on the boards. I'm a little bemused that Dave01, who's doing a fairly decent job on SotR these days, is cranking out such weakly-plotted tosh over here. I imagine there's either some weird author appeal involved or it's strictly for the money. The former theory would make more sense if the art was realistic enough to provide some fanservice, but honestly - who has a beachball fetish?

(And it doesn't help that Dave and Giz have done an "I banged your mom" gag before, to rather more effect.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:42 am

The only way this can be redeemed is if 1) Pandora had an ulterior motive behind the prank; to prove that Teddy was virile enough to handle sex with a demon; making his chances of surviving his first time with Chloe more probable or 2) because of the psychic/empathic link between Teddy and Chloe; Chloe transformed in the middle of Abby's birthday party. It would be squicky as fuck (as it would be Chloe going in to full on ecstacy in the middle of a group of minors); but it would expose the supernatural problem that was right under Lance's nose.

But, I know I'm expecting far too much from this.
There's always option 3. Chloe wakes up, goes into the bathroom, finds Teddy in the shower and we discover it's all been a dream. Not exactly original but fits in with the quality of the writing recently.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:43 am
(And it doesn't help that Dave and Giz have done an "I banged your mom" gag before, to rather more effect.)
Well, technically it's a "you banged your (step-)mom" gag ;-)