Dangerously Chloe 11-09-17 Still Not Safe For Me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 11-09-17 Still Not Safe For Me

Post by Cortez »

edisnooM wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:24 am

About which part, the stripping or Lance finding out? Teddy just outright said he has every intention of continuing to strip,
Saying it and doing it are two different things, that should be obvious.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Gotoh wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 am
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 am
Is it that Teddi is so pissed off that the environment around her is falling out of focus so she can focus all her fury upon Pandora?
A better question is: would it matter? :-\

She's a succubus, so it's debatable whether Teddy can even hurt her, considering she gave Ø fux about him strangling her (and he was pissed off then, to). Pandora might not care, or it might even turn out that she's into that sort of thing and get turned on by it.
Maybe Teddi will get so pissed that his anger somehow activates the succubus blood in him.

UNStoppable

Post by UNStoppable »

That's the problem Alex, it IS active and Teddi doesn't know it. That's why I pointed out that Dora would just push his nose in it like a person disciplining a puppy that hasn't been housebroken yet. THEN Teddi would start thinking on all the things she has been getting away with at school and the club and FINALLY start to react like she has before. Which is what I was pointing out when you melted down on my observation on the last page.

THEN Dora would challenge her to use her powers MORE and a debate ensues or Teddi comes to a decision not to use them. All of which seems pretty obvious in retrospect dontcha think?

UNStoppable

Post by UNStoppable »

To all the Pandora haters please note this:

1) Pandora is Chloe's best friend. She has done things for Chloe to ensure that Chloe won't feel guilty about doing things while hungry.
2) Pandora freely acknowledges that Teddy, regardless of form, is ALSO Chloe's friend. Because of the contract he has with Chloe she is not jealous of Teddy at all and has helped Teddy stay alive in Chloe's presence instead of throwing the poor guy under the bus like Lucretia would have in her place. Dora has also accepted Abby as an integral part of both Chloe's and Teddy's lives and is trying to do right by her in a big sisterly way.
3) Pandora's biggest screw up came when she tried to keep Lance from freaking out about her and Chloe living in her house by using her powers to get Lance to marry her. Now she is trying to be a "good" wife to Lance while still getting her kicks out of the situation.
4) This current arc is due to Chloe's hunger forcing her to try to get to Teddy while she is asleep.

You might hate her, but give her some respect. She's doing the best she can for ALL of her friends in trying circumstances, some of which occur and don't allow her a lot of prep time. Pandora is here to stay. If she is truly that offensive to you, please remember that you aren't being forced to read this strip. You CHOOSE to read it so try and get used to Dora being around.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:00 pm
Well, it was a "slap" hard enough to knock Janet off her feet, as I recall. (A bit of a writer-artist communication screw-up, I think it's said; the writer meant "he slaps her face", the artist interpreted it as a full-force punch, and Hank became a pariah character for decades.)
That's what the writer (Jim Shooter) claims, but the artist (Bob Hall) drew a backhanded slap with his left hand, not the right cross that Shooter says was the final art. His script also has Jan with a black eye later on, which you wouldn't expect from a slap. Shooter had also previously written a Legion of Super-Heroes story with Cosmic Boy similarly slapping Light Lass IIRC. As John Byrne said, "The notion of there "not being time" to have something redrawn is preposterous. If nothing else, the INKER could have redrawn it."

Getting back on point, would there be complaints if someone identifying as male (Does Teddi's body have male strength since it's his original rearranged?) hit a female? If he was in his original body? I've already made a comparison with Heather Hartley and her mother in Vampire Cheerleaders.

(Did you read Avengers #200 by any chance?)

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Good job, Teddi. Standing up for yourself and giving coherent arguments.
That slap might have actually served a purpose as a preface to a counter-argument though, if Pandora hadn't been Pandora. :))

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yes. In her case, it's just throwing oil on the fire, be it from malice or stupidity. Calling Teddi hysterical when she is actually giving good arguments is not going to do her any favours, either.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Last minute humorous scenario:

Lance overhears the convo and comes into to confront "Chloe" over why she is referring to Chloe as somebody else and him as her Dad. Teddi tries to explain, and Pandora helpfully jabs Teddi with a needle, changing him back. Teddy - still in stripper clothing, chases Pandora around the room upon realizing that she could have done that at any time...

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Cortez wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:32 am
edisnooM wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:24 am

About which part, the stripping or Lance finding out? Teddy just outright said he has every intention of continuing to strip,
Saying it and doing it are two different things, that should be obvious.
Yes? And have we seen anything this arc that gives us any reason to think that Teddy would not continue doing so, especially when he explicitly says he is going to?