Dangerously Chloe 21-08-17 The Champagne Room

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

X3N0-Life-Form

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-08-17 The Champagne Room

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Fuck you Lance, you're a terrible person through & through, you don't get to judge others. I do hope that Teddy's gonna have enough of a spine to call him out on his bullshit.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

lance is an adult, there legally, with his wife.

teddy is a child, working there illegally, under false pretenses. by doing so, he is putting himself, the club owners, and the legal employees at considerable legal and financial risk.

objecting to this is not hypocrisy, or a double standard.
Yet still, I live...

sparky

Post by sparky »

Alexander Collins wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:01 am
Show of hands, who here is tired of Rule 63 Teddi?
:-bd
Ages ago, and the clown/fish lips with the ridiculous boobs don't help that at all.

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Double standards like this exist for reason. Not a reason you'd agree with, but a reason nonetheless. Guys want strip clubs to be around to use them. They just don't want their women (daughters, wives, etc) to work there. So, they shame strippers and such, to make their work as little glamorous as possible. Being hard on sex workers is the whole point: you don't want your daughter to ever think of working here.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

'J' wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 am

teddy is a child, working there illegally, under false pretenses. by doing so, he is putting himself, the club owners, and the legal employees at considerable legal and financial risk.

to be fair, he may or may not know her age. She could very well be 21 for all he knows, and old enough to work there.

also 2ndary, he may not go to these normally, were not sure how much he listen to Pandora too.
"Somebody just stake me now"

joe england

Post by joe england »

'J' wrote:

That's a very valid observation, but I think it misses the crux of the matter. I believe what most people are noticing and commenting upon is Lance's apparent condemnation of "Teddi's" character, and not her situation. He doesn't seem to be objecting to the fact that she's a young person in a bad place. Rather, he appears to be directly judging her, concluding that she is of unfit moral fiber to be allowed near his younger daughter.

Now, that might not be what he's doing. The comic may be throwing us for a loop, and his true motivation will become clear in the next few pages. But let's assume for now that all is as it appears, and this man is cutting off this young lady from seeing his kid because she has a lifestyle that he considers distasteful and his opinion of her is lowered.

If I were to meet an underage girl working in a place like that, especially someone that I've become somewhat acquainted with, I would like to think that my reaction would be to talk with her with compassion, concern, and empathy. I would want to find out why she feels she has to do this, and to help her if at all possible. She's a kid on her own working in a dangerous environment. She needs friends, not isolation.

That's where the perceived hypocrisy lies. By (seemingly) deeming this young woman unworthy of his family's company and shutting her out, Lance is cutting off the community which could possibly save her from whatever hole she's fallen into. What right does he truly have to decree that she's irredeemable? To make that assumption? To sit back in that cushioned chair and throw up a wall in front of a kid who's lost herself in a seedy occupation? He hasn't even tried to hear her side of the story.

Of course, his (perceived) reaction's understandable. Hell, if I was a father my first impulse might be similar. But we know he's wrong about her (again, if the comic doesn't throw that curve ball). Teddy is a good kid who's made mistakes here and there, but is in the middle of a complicated situation and trying to keep his/her head above water. And right now this guy is doing nothing but rubbing salt in a wound.

We should all strive to be better than that.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well. I think we all knew this situation was going to blow up in Teddi's face somehow. Note that I do NOT mean to negatively comment on employment as a stripper; there were just too many flags that something was going to go horribly wrong for Teddi.
The form it takes is more painful than I expected, though, so well done. If Pandora tries to troll Teddi now, over being banned from her own home and the company of Abigail, she may actually try to murder her.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

joe england wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:58 am
'J' wrote:

That's a very valid observation, but I think it misses the crux of the matter. I believe what most people are noticing and commenting upon is Lance's apparent condemnation of "Teddi's" character, and not her situation. He doesn't seem to be objecting to the fact that she's a young person in a bad place. Rather, he appears to be directly judging her, concluding that she is of unfit moral fiber to be allowed near his younger daughter.

Now, that might not be what he's doing. The comic may be throwing us for a loop, and his true motivation will become clear in the next few pages. But let's assume for now that all is as it appears, and this man is cutting off this young lady from seeing his kid because she has a lifestyle that he considers distasteful and his opinion of her is lowered.

If I were to meet an underage girl working in a place like that, especially someone that I've become somewhat acquainted with, I would like to think that my reaction would be to talk with her with compassion, concern, and empathy. I would want to find out why she feels she has to do this, and to help her if at all possible. She's a kid on her own working in a dangerous environment. She needs friends, not isolation.

That's where the perceived hypocrisy lies. By (seemingly) deeming this young woman unworthy of his family's company and shutting her out, Lance is cutting off the community which could possibly save her from whatever hole she's fallen into. What right does he truly have to decree that she's irredeemable? To make that assumption? To sit back in that cushioned chair and throw up a wall in front of a kid who's lost herself in a seedy occupation? He hasn't even tried to hear her side of the story.

Of course, his (perceived) reaction's understandable. Hell, if I was a father my first impulse might be similar. But we know he's wrong about her (again, if the comic doesn't throw that curve ball). Teddy is a good kid who's made mistakes here and there, but is in the middle of a complicated situation and trying to keep his/her head above water. And right now this guy is doing nothing but rubbing salt in a wound.

We should all strive to be better than that.
you are assuming a lot about lance's motives and thoughts based on the exactly three sentences he's said.

now all that about compassion, and empathy, etc. is not wrong, but it's all secondary to his primary concern: the well-being and healthy development of his children.

since lance has been back, 'teddy' children has been acting really weird, with extremely inappropriate sexual behavior, some of which has been in front of abby, and some of which has been directed at him. given what he's seen tonight, it's not unreasonable to assume that 'chloe' has something to do with that, in which case, he needs to step in right the fuck now.

he may or may not decide to help this 'poor, wayward girl', but whatever he decides to do, it has to come after that.
Yet still, I live...

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

#1 Why didn't he make any remarks back then ?
I mean, seriously though, he doesn't have much high ground here : he's barely ever home, he's never been shown calling home to check up on his kids, he's having very loud sex with his new wife right in the next room, he's made rather inappropriate remarks towards who he believes is his son's girlfriend, and now he apparently won't even hear her out before making a decision.
Note : I don't mind him going to a strip club, but I do mind him passing judgment (that's how I'm interpreting his actions anyway) on the people who work here without knowing them, especially the underaged girl.

It's a bit late to step in, he's had multiple opportunities to call out his kids on the weird behavior around the house, and yet the only thing that seemed to phase him is his son seemingly punching a hole through the fucking wall during the night, to which his reaction seemed to boil down to "hey, not cool".

#2 I think he would interpret that as a taunt rather than sexual behavior.

We'll see how this goes, but with the information we have right now, Lance comes off as a bit hypocritical and unreasonable.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

edisnooM wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:25 am
This is kind of what I figured would happen, though I was also hopeful that he might try and do something to stop the underage "Chloe" from stripping too. I am exceedingly glad that Lance does not seem to be coming on to Teddy though.
He paid for a champagne room; there is no reason for him to pay for that kind of room just so he can have a private discussion with someone who he thinks is dating his son.

We're not out of the skivvy woods yet.
'J' wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:13 am

you are assuming a lot about lance's motives and thoughts based on the exactly three sentences he's said.

now all that about compassion, and empathy, etc. is not wrong, but it's all secondary to his primary concern: the well-being and healthy development of his children.

since lance has been back, 'teddy' children has been acting really weird, with extremely inappropriate sexual behavior, some of which has been in front of abby, and some of which has been directed at him. given what he's seen tonight, it's not unreasonable to assume that 'chloe' has something to do with that, in which case, he needs to step in right the fuck now.
And yet, Lance is the one who leaves a 15/16 year old boy to raise his 12 year old sister, only comes to visit on his daughter's birthday, marries a strange woman he finds rummaging in the fridge, says nothing as his son's girlfriend is fondled in front of his daughter, makes out with scantily clad new wife in front of his children on numerous occasions and has loud sex with his new wife every night.

There is no possible way Lance can blame 'Chloe' on that and is the last person to imply that 'Chloe' is a bad influence on his kids.

Hopefully, Teddy takes the opportunity to throw these facts into Lance's face before things take yet another skivvy turn.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

While not justifiable, it is somewhat understandable why Lance seems to be judgmental of "Chloe," since - from his knowledge - either she is an underage girl working at strip club (and, acceptable or not, some negative assumptions could be made about someone in such a circumstance) or she is an adult dating his underage son.

I might be misremembering, but wasn't there some mention of succubi influence being ineffective on blood relatives? If so, we may be safe from further - as had been said - skeeviness.

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 am

And yet, Lance is the one who leaves a 15/16 year old boy to raise his 12 year old sister, only comes to visit on his daughter's birthday, marries a strange woman he finds rummaging in the fridge, says nothing as his son's girlfriend is fondled in front of his daughter, makes out with new wife in front of his children on numerous occasions and has loud sex with his new wife every night.
There is no excuse for the first parts (unless Lance is some kind of world-saving monster hunter that is yet to be revealed?) as well as other possible inappropriate boundary issues, but there is some leeway regarding his involvement with Pandora, i.e. succubus pheromones scrambling his brains.

Brux

Post by Brux »

So, reality ensues. The double standard filled, populated by overly protective hypocritical dads, ugly, ugly reality. I'd actually feel glad, if I didn't feel so sorry for Teddi.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:35 am
There is no excuse for the first parts (unless Lance is some kind of world-saving monster hunter that is yet to be revealed?) as well as other possible inappropriate boundary issues, but there is some leeway regarding his involvement with Pandora, i.e. succubus pheromones scrambling his brains.
That's a pretty weak excuse - as Lance is unaware that he's been enthralled by a succubus. So, as far as he's aware, he's consciously making out with a half naked woman in front of his kids and having noisy sex every night with her, with no regards to whether his kids overhear them, or not.

So, really - he's the last person to be judging anyone about anything.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Insectoid wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 am
Somehow I'm not surprised... Lance just doesn't want a bad role model around his daughter.
*looks at Pandora*

Uhhhhhhhhhh....

rpr

Post by rpr »

Alexander Collins wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 am
TJgalon wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 am
To be fair Alex, if Teddy or someone took the time to explain the whole situation to Lance, then maybe a lot of this could been avoided.
True, but this is the Pixie-verse. Explanations, reasoning and common sense are very rare.
Also... Try to think how this explanation would be: "Hi, Daddy, yes I look like a girl, but I can explain... So... This boy who looks like me is actually Chloe, a succubus (bff of your new wife) whom I married by mistake few years ago. The marriage was never consumed since I would have been died, but now my succubus partner risks her life if she does not loose her virginity soon. I was injected with her blood so I took her appearance and then a gender fluid reaper, thinking it would be good to me, injected some of his/her blood and now I am stuck in this girl form. Since Chloe here gets excited from you having sex with Pandora, I run away and I needed a way to make some money since I had no house, nor support"

Yes, I think this would be quite convincing an explanation... In the sense that Lance would be convinced that the girl is addicted to something as heavy as a neutron star....