Dangerously Chloe 21-08-17 The Champagne Room

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-08-17 The Champagne Room

Post by Error of Logic »

Presumably Teddy has refrained so far because he's timid at heart and Chloe seems to like Pandora - and he likes Chloe.
But it would be good if the gloves finally came off now.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:15 am
Considering he went to the strip club himself, Lance doesn't have much room to judge.

Also, i thought there'd be more Pandora picking on Teddy.
Agreed. Though maybe his wife dragged him along?

Though, as for bad role models, dead beat dad would seem to be a bad role model.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

'J' wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:45 pm
first of all: a lot of crazy things can start to sound much, much more reasonable when you've got a pair of actual factual daemon chicks with demonstrable magic powers to back you up.

second: it's been years for us, but in-story it's probably been more on the order of a few weeks, or maybe a month or three at the most. remember, teddy & abby haven't changed grades or had summer vacation yet, there's been little or no visible change in seasonal weather, and as far as i can recall, there haven't been any holidays other than valentines day depicted.

but that actually raises a question: how much of a deadbeat is lance, anyway? i mean, we all assume that he's just left his kids to raise themselves, but if that were the case, why wouldn't they be living with their mother? things might make a lot more sense if he's only away sporadically, say, for a few weeks at a time, several times a year. previously he might have arranged for someone to take care of them, but this time decided they were mature enough to look after themselves for a few weeks.

Well, while we don't know the exact length of time, Teddy did say that his dad is gone and leaves his kids by themselves a significant long while.

But yeah, i've been wondering about the mom too. Why didn't she get full custody and did she try?
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Which makes Lance a grossly irresponsible parent.

A few days, a few weeks, a few months - doesn't matter how long he's gone for. No fifteen/sixteen year old can be considered mature enough to watch over his twelve year old sister; all the while attending school. Lance forced his son to become a parent to his sister while he raced cars. Hell, this recent visit is only him checking in because he's obligated to do so every once in awhile.
Yup, he really doesn't come of as a good parent. It also seems like he's only sticking around this time because of Pandora.
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 pm
The least he could do is have the kids stay with their mother or their Aunt. At least there would be a guardian to watch over them.
Though in the case their mother, they probably aren't on good terms. That said, Teddy and Abbey are her kids and she shouldn't let any grudge with Lance get in the way of loving her kids.
Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:20 pm
But his ex-wife does not know that. From her perspective, her sister and her husband maliciously violated her marriage. She could argue to the court that her sister is potentially a bad influence on her kids and so stop Lance from parking the kids with her.
Though Lance and the Aunt are not together anymore, so who knows what their relationship is now.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 am
He paid for a champagne room; there is no reason for him to pay for that kind of room just so he can have a private discussion with someone who he thinks is dating his son.

We're not out of the skivvy woods yet.
Oi, let me hold on to some amount of hope at reduced skeevy. :-s

And yet, Lance is the one who leaves a 15/16 year old boy to raise his 12 year old sister, only comes to visit on his daughter's birthday, marries a strange woman he finds rummaging in the fridge, says nothing as his son's girlfriend is fondled in front of his daughter, makes out with scantily clad new wife in front of his children on numerous occasions and has loud sex with his new wife every night.

There is no possible way Lance can blame 'Chloe' on that and is the last person to imply that 'Chloe' is a bad influence on his kids.

Hopefully, Teddy takes the opportunity to throw these facts into Lance's face before things take yet another skivvy turn.

Well, as far as Lance's interactions with Pandora, from what we've seen with Daisy and co. and Teddy it seems like when it comes to the pheromone source, and especially with "sexytimes", they don't question things, but when it comes to other things their thinking and independence seems to be relatively intact. That's also one reason I'm hopeful Lance isn't being affected by Teddy.

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

Hold the phone, just why was Lance there with Pandora anyway? I mean, you don't see many men, of any stripe, going to strip clubs with their wives, of all people. Even if that wife is also a succubus. Especially if that wife is also a succubus. Pandora clearly has Lance wrapped around her pinky finger - why would Lance have any interest in going to a strip club in the first place, especially with her in tow? It's very likely that she didn't know Teddi was working there as a stripper, based on her reaction last comic, which eliminates the most likely reason to go there.

It doesn't hold up as is.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

jaimehlers wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:22 am
Hold the phone, just why was Lance there with Pandora anyway?

It's very likely that she didn't know Teddi was working there as a stripper, based on her reaction last comic, which eliminates the most likely reason to go there.
Don't be so sure. Teddy's her favorite chew toy, so it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to know where he ran off to and just happened to find out where he was working. If so, it'd be in character for her to go to the club to see for herself and drag his dad along with her for extra sh!ts 'n giggles.

Her reaction can easily be interpreted as: 'OMG, it was TRUE!' =))

odalzara

Post by odalzara »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:24 pm
Because people don't delude themselves that everything is black and white, let alone that life is fair?
fiction and "real life" are by definition two different things, wanting some kind of retribution in a work of fiction is not delusional, we all know life isn´t fair, you´re just sounding like a edgy teenager, stop trying to use that dumb argument like is some kind of deep thought

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, there's plenty of fiction where the crap that happens to people is worse than a lot of real life, though it tends to follow a more coherent plot path. And not just silly edgy splatterpunk, either.

<Insert first-year-college digression on the theory of classical tragedy here.>

It's no more mature to expect fiction to be about the good being rewarded and the bad punished than it is to demand the reverse. That's just revenge fantasy. Maturity is about irony and shades of grey.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

I don't think that adulterer has any right to say who his daughter gets to see. :-w

odalzara

Post by odalzara »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 am
Actually, there's plenty of fiction where the crap that happens to people is worse than a lot of real life, though it tends to follow a more coherent plot path. And not just silly edgy splatterpunk, either.

<Insert first-year-college digression on the theory of classical tragedy here.>

It's no more mature to expect fiction to be about the good being rewarded and the bad punished than it is to demand the reverse. That's just revenge fantasy. Maturity is about irony and shades of grey.

dude for real,you don´t know a single thing about greek tragedy, i already correct you in your notion on hamartia a long time ago, stop trying to look "smart"
follow my advice, stop wasting your times in the forums and go outside, you make more than five post a day! that´s afreaking lot, iguess you have some kind of autism seeing as all your post are overanalitical, repetitive and obsessive, do yourself a favor go outside, find yourself a girlfriend

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I certainly have this weird inability to take life advice from somebody who can't use the shift key...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:15 am
Don't be so sure. Teddy's her favorite chew toy, so it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to know where he ran off to and just happened to find out where he was working. If so, it'd be in character for her to go to the club to see for herself and drag his dad along with her for extra sh!ts 'n giggles.

That's plausible, but not believable. There is a distinct difference between the two, and to be honest, what you're describing isn't very good storytelling. "She just happened to want to find him, and she just happened to find him, and she just happened to drag his dad along, oh, and it was in-character for her to be completely shocked to find him there despite already knowing that he was working at a strip club." So it isn't nearly as plausible when you actually examine the reasoning, as opposed to constructing the reasoning.

It says something that complete coincidence - Pandora just wanted some appetizers in the form of the sexual appetites of the other men at the strip club and they just happened to go to the same one Teddy was working at - is more plausible/believable than the chain of reasoning you came up with. But complete coincidence isn't the best storytelling either.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:15 am
jaimehlers wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:22 am
Hold the phone, just why was Lance there with Pandora anyway?

It's very likely that she didn't know Teddi was working there as a stripper, based on her reaction last comic, which eliminates the most likely reason to go there.

My thoughts exactly. Pretty sure Pandora is the evil behind this plot line. But I will put forth a few possibilities here. First Teddi puts his/her foot down and smacks Lance with the guilt card hard. Of course he would have to tell Lance all of what happened to this point, so I do not see that happening. Second, he lets it go, but plans on ignoring Lance's conditions. Most plausible imho. Third he lets it go and lets Abby give dad the smack down instead, because, lets face it, teenage girls are pretty good at getting their way with dad.

I really do pity Lance though, because believe it or not, I was in very similar situation. No succubae, just a babysitter that I found out(not by accident) was working at a local strip joint. If my wife had found out first, she probably would have hurt her. So I had to tell her we could not use her for babysitting anymore and find a replacement before the wife asked why not use her. I felt sorry for her but my wife was very stiff in these matters. This happened 25 years ago, and seeing this strip made me marvel at art imitating life.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

jaimehlers wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 am
That's plausible, but not believable. There is a distinct difference between the two, and to be honest, what you're describing isn't very good storytelling. "She just happened to want to find him, and she just happened to find him, and she just happened to drag his dad along.
That isn't what I was saying.

Hypothetical sequence of events: Teddy runs off → Pandora goes sniffing around to find out where → during her search she happens to overhear a rumor about a new girl (matching Teddy's description) working at the local strip joint → she decides to check it out to confirm her suspicion and brings his dad along just in case → jackpot (her hunch pays off).

Get it now? It's one thing to hear a rumor, or suspect something might be true, and another to actually find out that it is.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I worry that Chloe just went and told Pandora where Teddi is, and the hell-brat took it from there to do the worst thing she could think of with the means available to her at the time.