Dangerously Chloe 17-08-17 Candi Rocks

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-08-17 Candi Rocks

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:15 am

This might not be her fault, but Teddi was angry enough with her before. This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. How Teddi gets rid of her could involve enlisting Prudence. Capturing Pandora would definitely boost her standing.
Alternatively, he could tell Slash-stab where Pandora is. Pandora did seem scared of her.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm
moonlighting as a stripper at a local strip bar and living the comfortable life from his earnings.
Comfortable here is arguable, since he did runaway from home.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:17 pm
brasca wrote:

This might not be her fault, but Teddi was angry enough with her before. This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. How Teddi gets rid of her could involve enlisting Prudence. Capturing Pandora would definitely boost her standing.
Alternatively, he could tell Slash-stab where Pandora is. Pandora did seem scared of her.
Yes, but how would she contact her? Personally I think Charity would be the best person to take down Pandora, but unless she happens to be supervising Prudence at time she'll have as much luck finding her too.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
brasca wrote:

And Slash-Stab would help him...why?

Have youforgotten that she is also a sexual demon who delights in the torment of humans just as much as Pandora does - the worse the torment, the better? If anything, Slash-Stab is likely to congratulate Pandora for the Hell she's putting Teddy through and give her extra credit for her efforts.
Cortez wrote:
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm
moonlighting as a stripper at a local strip bar and living the comfortable life from his earnings.
Comfortable here is arguable, since he did runaway from home.
Teddy is living is a cushy hotel where he has access to a large indoor pool - far away from Pandora's shenanigans. He's living comfortably, at this point.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 am

Given his earlier comment to 'Chloe' when he walked in on 'her' in the shower; I'm more inclined to believe we're about to enter yet another super skivvy arc where the dad starts lusting after his own son after watching him perform on stage.

Yeah, he doesn't look impressed in this strip - but then, he just learned that his 'son's girlfriend' is an underaged stripper. No parent is going to be thrilled about that. Doesn't mean he isn't affected, like all the other guys in the room and the disapproval is just overriding the lust at the moment.
Oh land sakes I hope not. I posited awhile back that maybe the pheromones wouldn't affect Lance due to biological similarity to Teddy, but I seriously hope that for whatever "reason" we aren't treated to a series of strips with Teddy having to fight off his dad (with Pandora probably cheering / helping from the side).

I'm also hoping they don't go the route of Lance solving Chloe's problem, the idea of her sleeping with Teddy's dad has some kind of squicky connotations.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 am
Alexander Collins wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:05 am
I'm just beating a dead horse here but raise your hand if you hate Pandora and want to see her legs broken! :))
I'd like to see her banished home. Permanently.

As for today's events..... Check, please. =_=
To be honest, I am also curious as to why Pandora in hiding in the surface world. I know injuries is bit much so it would be great if she were captured, tried for her crimes and brutally prosecuted, though with only two updates a week its going to take a while if it ever happens at all :-w

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Totally off topic, but I've got to say it.

All the hate geared towards Pandora is actually quite laughable. I mean, what did anyone expect from her - another Chloe (who an anomaly within her species)? She's a succubus - a sexual demon who delights in making mortal lives miserable; the more miserable those lives become, the better. This is an established fact within this comic's own universe; so why hate her for acting within her species' nature?

There's no question that she's done some deplorable shit and - judging by what we've been shown thus far - is being set up to do even worse. I just think it's laughable that people will criticize others for applying 'real world logic' to a supernatural comic; but, in the same breath, demand the worst possible outcome for a supernatural character within a supernatural comic, who is acting within her species' established norms.

As a side note, as much as I like Chloe; she is an anomaly - showing compassion/empathy for others (especially for humans) and wanting to avoiding hurting anyone; which is very un-succubus like. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it's revealed down the line that Chloe's father was an angel. It would certainly explain her more compassionate side.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I had no particular problem with Pandora. A lot of the time she's been mischievous rather than evil and most of her antics have been quite funny.

And that's the important thing. Dangerously Chole is a comedy so misery and pain are fine as long as they're funny.

Where I went off her character was when Lance turned up and she ended up marrying him. Some people might find that a comic situation but I don't. I might if we'd ever had it explained how and why they got married but it was presented as a fait accompli without any real consequences or questioning you might expect if somebody married a girl they'd only met the day before. And it doesn't seem to have been done to advance the story significantly but only to heap further misery on Teddy's head.

Or possibly the writers have decided to follow the Family Guy technique of running a joke into the ground so that it's no longer funny and then continuing it for so long that it eventually becomes funny again.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:01 am
Totally off topic, but I've got to say it.

All the hate geared towards Pandora is actually quite laughable. I mean, what did anyone expect from her - another Chloe (who an anomaly within her species)? She's a succubus - a sexual demon who delights in making mortal lives miserable; the more miserable those lives become, the better. This is an established fact within this comic's own universe; so why hate her for acting within her species' nature?

There's no question that she's done some deplorable shit and - judging by what we've been shown thus far - is being set up to do even worse. I just think it's laughable that people will criticize others for applying 'real world logic' to a supernatural comic; but, in the same breath, demand the worst possible outcome for a supernatural character within a supernatural comic, who is acting within her species' established norms.

As a side note, as much as I like Chloe; she is an anomaly - showing compassion/empathy for others (especially for humans) and wanting to avoiding hurting anyone; which is very un-succubus like. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it's revealed down the line that Chloe's father was an angel. It would certainly explain her more compassionate side.
We know that Pandora is literally a creature of evil and this is typical behavior for her species. What nobody can stand is that she commits atrocities, (banging Teddy's dad, manipulating angels for the fun of it, etc) and gets away with it Scott free. Nobody likes a Karma Houdini. I certainly don't. Also now that you mention it, Chloe being Nephalem(angel/demon hybrid) would be quite the suprise :-?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'd be very happy if Chloe turned out to be a redeemable hybrid (though I'm not counting on it); she used to be a sweet kid, and I hate what Tartarus U. has been turning her into.
If she could get out of Tartarus' clutches and nullify the succubus' toxic life-cycle at the same time, that would be great. And no, I would not care if her mother and Pandora felt abandoned if she did.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The idea that angelic influence could grant a character empathy and sensitivity in this setting has one snag. You've got the badic standard modern supernatural fantasy set-up in which typical demons are selfish jerks and typical angels are self-righteous dorks.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, only one I can remember acts self-righteously, and that may be due to emotional strain.
The others seemed very sincere.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The self-righteousness does seem to be more the party line than ingrained habit. The dorkiness, on the other hand, seems to be universal. Empathy certainly doesn't appear to be built in.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

None of the angels acted as though they completely lacked empathy. Even the least pleasant specimen we've seen showed concern and was willing to go to war for a fellow angel who she does not even like that much.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

I think all you guys trying to pair up Cloe with anyone but Teddy are completely off the mark. Haven't read this comic for as long as I have only to have Chloe lose it to someone else. Yeah I know... Teddi is a slut.. blah blah blah... but Chloe is the star here(at least before these last couple of arcs) and the setup has been in the works forever. This aint a manga, it's American through and through. Ships are pretty straight forward even in webcomics like this.

UNStoppable

Post by UNStoppable »

Looks like Lance is the one who picked the club because Pandora looks completely caught offguard that Teddi is performing there & looking like a total pro while doing so. After hitting on "Chloe" in the shower and taking his wife to a strip club he can just be pissed off for all I care. The man has no moral high ground here. That is probably also funny to Dora.

At any rate this arc could just be about Teddi becoming MORE comfortable with her body and who she is now to set up a bigger laugh down the line, including a return to being male, which I for one DON'T want to have happen.