Dangerously Chloe 10-08-17 Supposed to be Dead

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 10-08-17 Supposed to be Dead

Post by brasca »

DocMesa wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 am
I hope we see Teddi actually paying a price for his intervention with Autumn, like someone he cares about dying. Like, he's weaselling his way around angels, demons and now even the post-coital Reaper. Just once, itd be nice to see the supernatural forces actually holding Teddi to account.

But then if they tried, she'd just bang her way out of it. -.-
Seems like Teddi is paying the price with associating with the supernatural everyday.

I've said it before I'll say it again Teddi can never do right by some of the people on this board.

Amy Daemon

Post by Amy Daemon »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 am
glandy wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:47 pm
I wonder if Teddi is at risk of getting pregnant then.
Considering he does not have an actual female reproductive system, I dont see how. (I'd link to the actual strip, but not sure how with the archive not working)

Based on what Pabdora said, this is not a full gender conversion, just rearranging his parts to make him look female
Yes, but there are several things to consider.

First, how truthful was Pandora being? She might have thought it funny for Teddi to get pregnant.

Second, how much trust can be put in any knowledge she may think she has about the subject? Is a boy being changed into a girl by injection of succubus blood a common enough thing that the effects are known, or are known for certain to be the same every time?

Third, Pandora was speaking of a transformation caused strictly by injection of succubus blood. Teddi got an injection of succubus blood and Reaper ichor. That may be something that hasn't happened before. Who knows what effect it really had?

Only WOG or time will tell.

A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yeah, I wouldn't trust Pandora if she said the sun rises in the east, let alone when talking about a subject she can abuse for her own amusement.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 pm
Strange how into 'punishing' Teddi some members of the forum are..*shrug*
brasca wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Seems like Teddi is paying the price with associating with the supernatural everyday.

I've said it before I'll say it again Teddi can never do right by some of the people on this board.

Speaking for myself I'm not wanting or expecting Teddy's head on a spike, but if after what he's done this arc he just walks away whistling like nothing happened, I for one would be pretty ticked off.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Its not so much thst I want Teddi to get punished, its more to do with the rules of the universe being so easily swayed. Abby waltzing in and out of heaven like a revolving door, casually stabbing herself with a device to sever the soul from the body, Teddi interfering with a death and shrugging it off with sex....

It just feels like the righteous fury of heaven, the pitiless tortures of hell, even frigging *dying* - none of them feel very threatening as such. About the only thing that does is the whole Chloe/Teddi thing. I just want to see some repercussions from messing with life/death/afterlife is all.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hmm. I can definitely see where you're coming from.
I wonder whether this comic will ever get that serious about its subject matter, though. The focus is on Teddy/Teddi and Chloe, and everything else is just .... secondary. :-/

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

That's nice and all, but Ted needs to get back to fucking all the guys in school. It's much more important than blowing the Statutory Reaper, over here.
This is getting out of hand.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

edisnooM wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:28 pm
Speaking for myself I'm not wanting or expecting Teddy's head on a spike, but if after what he's done this arc he just walks away whistling like nothing happened, I for one would be pretty ticked off.
This.

Or are people supposed to forget that he took advantage of a group of girls he knew weren't in their right minds, then turned them into his goon squad, just because he's the protagonist?

brasca

Post by brasca »

I haven't, but Teddi doesn't seem to know she has that capability which makes her no more guilty than Faith.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@brasca: You keep trying to use that same argument, while ignoring the fact that there's a crucial difference:
  • Teddy knew Daisy and her friends were being compelled by some external force to be with him, and still slept with them regardless. That's willfully taking advantage of them.
It'd be no different had he found them, drunk, stoned, or under the effects of a love potion. Bottom line is: he knew it wasn't their normal behavior, 'cuz he confirmed it himself. If you honestly can't see the difference, then you're blinded by favoritism towards Teddy.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It's arguable that Faith ought to have wondered just why so many people were willing to throw themselves into her arms when nobody else at the school seemed to be even half as popular.

On the other hand she was always shown to be attractive in her own right and confident attractive people tend not to have much difficulty getting people to like them so maybe she had some grounds for thinking it was just her.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That, and she was a teenager with raging hormones who was not as smart as she thought she was.
I still dislike her, but I have to admit she was less culpable than she initially seemed to be.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 pm
It's arguable that Faith ought to have wondered just why so many people were willing to throw themselves into her arms when nobody else at the school seemed to be even half as popular.

On the other hand she was always shown to be attractive in her own right and confident attractive people tend not to have much difficulty getting people to like them so maybe she had some grounds for thinking it was just her.
As far as Faith knew, it was all her (i.e. no mental coercion necessary):
TCampbell wrote:She's pretty confident that her favorites will respond sooner or later, but that's because she's so hot and awesome, not because she's an insecure bully wrestling them into unwilling submission.
In the first paragraph of that quote, he also stresses that Faith does have a code of conduct which she mostly adheres to. While in a different quote, he explained that popularity at AA is based on merit and said Faith had won her last 8 consecutive combat exams (on top of being the strongest esper in the history of the Academy).

Point being, she had no reason to question why so many girls wanted to be with her. The student body considered her to be the hottest girl there and everyone loves a winner.

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

I have wondered whether all of the disagreement over Teddi's character comes as a byproduct of the issue that the basis of the arc is fundamentally flawed, namely, that a man trapped in a woman's body is a real-world marginalized identity, not a fantasy comedic plot device. I had hoped that given the creative team's other works, they would have had at least some sense that trans men exist and that making jokes at their expense is inappropriate, but it seems I was mistaken.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:34 pm
@brasca: You keep trying to use that same argument, while ignoring the fact that there's a crucial difference:
  • Teddy knew Daisy and her friends were being compelled by some external force to be with him, and still slept with them regardless. That's willfully taking advantage of them.
It'd be no different had he found them, drunk, stoned, or under the effects of a love potion. Bottom line is: he knew it wasn't their normal behavior, 'cuz he confirmed it himself. If you honestly can't see the difference, then you're blinded by favoritism towards Teddy.
And you as always are blinded by your favoritism for Faith. You do make one important point about Teddi knowing that they are under the influence of something, but how do you know Teddi is taking advantage. It looks like she's been telling them they can do whatever they like with her body. That's not the same thing as drugging someone and having their way while knocked out which seems to be the implication I keep reading.