Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

tau neutrino

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-08-17 Here for Work

Post by tau neutrino »

If Teddy rushes to the boiler room, can he do emergency CPR in time?

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

edisnooM wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 am
So is this the first time that someone has actually died? Or are we going to get more death defying hijinks?

Also Teddy becoming gender fluid (if that is what this strip is implying) as a result of being forcibly gender-swapped without his consent still strikes me as kind of a sketchy takeaway from all this, and even moreso if his sexual orientation ends up changed at the end of wherever this arc is going.
I agree there. Considering his brain is still male, teddi has jumped into the gay wagon because... humour? :-\
Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm
If you don't understand how gender fluidity works, that's on you.
I have two words for that: mental illness. Or if you prefer one word, insanity.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Varanus wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 pm
Cortez, this is getting ridiculous. Why are you continuing to ignore my main point about how protecting lives is more important than feelings? And when did Al say no to having sex? The only refusal was to trying to change sex using her powers. Teddy asked if she could try to turn male just this once as it was vital for the sex to have any chance of working, Alchemy got upset, and flew away.

I'm trying to understand your points here, but its hard to when your recollection of what happened on panel seems so different from what i just looked at, and your replies seem to dismiss a lot of what I say by not even noting I said it and basically repeat what you already claimed while not adding any supporting evidence.
I've been through this talk with Cortez back when that first happened, the status quo is support the person that has higher potential in opression olympics even if they forcefully change someone's gender and expect others to randomly understand stuff that was never properly explained and actually seems to change around.

Even if there's a life or two on the line.
Some of the stuff I mentioned back then

Maechris wrote: Kimmy prefers her female form, yes. But *why*? She's not a human. She is a manifestation of the forces of death, similarly to how angels represent light and good or light and order and demons represent whatever they are. She can transform to male form because of an urge, but she never sat down and actualyl explained how it worked to anyone thoroughly, least of all Teddy (Chloe at least we know had a short introduction). She just presumed he 'understood her' because she acted like a 12 year old experimenting and put her blood into what was supposed to be a cure for him, getting him stuck in a female body with ghost boners.And she literally says her gender can change depending on who is perceiving her, depending on how she's feeling, and she straight up states she's not the good person to ask what it's like to 'not be a girl', and that she's been feeling more like it *recently*.

In terms of sentient fictional nonhumans, we have to remember the more-than-cultural differences when it comes to both sides of the coin. Good and bad. SO right now my character interpretation of Kimmy is indeed that she doesn't fully understand what these concepts mean for humans in the first place, but she prefers the cuter side of things.

-------------
Assuming Kimmy actually knows about Chloe's "will die of virginity" status, I'm still siding with Teddy on this.
First of all, she's the only person who can do it.
Second of all, she seems to dance around the gender issue far too much. At once point it's more like 'the concept doesn't apply to me', now it's like a person not understanding how it works for her is utter trauma and worth crying over.
Third of all, Teddy's saving a life.
And fourth of all, she did mention Chloe had an easy time bringing out her male side.

Finally, she owes him for messing up his life by 'haunting' Chloe's blood in his body.
-------------
(...) and poor Kimmy has 100250 excuses to be angry at him for not respecting Kimmy's current on-a-whim ("Gender binary doesn't really apply to me" and all) gender preference (...)

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:54 am

Still risking someone else's life instead of trying to toughen up and risk his own.
Right now he technically can't do it, and he goes to Hell if he does as per the Hellish understanding of the contract, so technically being unable to fit the requirement right now sort of 'saves' him while finding someone with the ability to survive the mating would literally save him.
LarsenSan wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm
edisnooM wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 am
So is this the first time that someone has actually died? Or are we going to get more death defying hijinks?

Also Teddy becoming gender fluid (if that is what this strip is implying) as a result of being forcibly gender-swapped without his consent still strikes me as kind of a sketchy takeaway from all this, and even moreso if his sexual orientation ends up changed at the end of wherever this arc is going.
I agree there. Considering his brain is still male, teddi has jumped into the gay wagon because... humour? :-\
Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm
If you don't understand how gender fluidity works, that's on you.
I have two words for that: mental illness. Or if you prefer one word, insanity.
You're assuming this is still Teddy we're talking about, but truth is Teddy was gone the moment his dream self was eaten by the giant representation of his boobied self in his dream, or not soon after.

Genderfluidity and gender dysphoria are completely separate issues to discuss and focus on though.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Taliesyn wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:01 am
Gotoh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:36 am
Teddy wished for a girlfriend, not to get laid. So I don't see how anyone (including Chloe) figures Teddy goes to Hell if they end up screwing each other.
You may want to re-read this then:

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... d_for_life
I already did (note the highlighted text). The point still stands.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

A horrible pun comes to my mind:
We are witnessing the fall of Autumn.
:(

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:29 pm
Taliesyn wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:01 am
Gotoh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:36 am
Teddy wished for a girlfriend, not to get laid. So I don't see how anyone (including Chloe) figures Teddy goes to Hell if they end up screwing each other.
You may want to re-read this then:

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... d_for_life
I already did (note the highlighted text). The point still stands.
No. It does not. Hell does not give you what you want or mean. It gives you the worst possible interpretation of your request.

nottere

Post by nottere »

I know the humor's a little dark and some people are questioning what's to follow it....but honestly, I'm just happy to see Alchemy back. :-bd

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm
No. It does not. Hell does not give you what you want or mean. It gives you the worst possible interpretation of your request.
Interpretation has nothing to do with it, it's changing the deal entirely.

If all Teddy wanted was sex, he doesn't need a girlfriend for that. Nor does having a girlfriend equate to having sex. Ace and Brooke have dated several times, yet neither one has had their v-card punched. Layla's had at least two boyfriends and hers hasn't been punched yet either.

So, yes, the point stands.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:11 am
Well there is expediency to consider. How long do you think Teddi would have to work out to have the kind of body that could withstand sex with Chloe? Even if steroids were used it would take a considerable amount of time and really not work at all because Chloe needs to have sex with a man in order for this to work.

Alchemy on the other hand is a supernatural being with a body that can take a lot of punishment and change genders at will to suit Chloe so it seemed like the best solution at the time.
Other other hand, Reapers aren't flesh and blood, which could mean that Succubus can't actually feed off them. I'm not entirely sure Al can help.
Varanus wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 pm
Cortez, this is getting ridiculous. Why are you continuing to ignore my main point about how protecting lives is more important than feelings?

That's a bit of an exaggeration and regardless, not good enough of an excuse to force someone into having sex.

And she did change her mind after she agreed, because she originally thought Teddy was asking her to have sex with Chloe as Kimmy, not as Al.

It all might have been different if he had ask while Alchemy was Al, like right now.

But as i mentioned above, we don't even know for sure that a Reaper can work as a substitute. Chloe might not be able to actually feed of Alchemy, making this all moot.

Though asking a monster, like a male Vampire or Werewolf could work.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:34 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm
Interpretation has nothing to do with it, it's changing the deal entirely.

If all Teddy wanted was sex, he doesn't need a girlfriend for that. Nor does having a girlfriend equate to having sex. Ace and Brooke have dated several times, yet neither one has had their v-card punched. Layla's had at least two boyfriends and hers hasn't been punched yet either.

So, yes, the point stands.

Ugh. No, it does not!
Teddy did not specify what he wanted exactly. He said he wanted a girlfriend. He did not say what he expected of such a relationship, and so Hell filled in the blanks in accordance with its own standards and for its own convenience. Getting Teddy a virgin succubus was killing two birds with one stone; if he had sex with Chloe her virginity would be ended, leaving her free to work for Hell for the rest of eternity, and she would likely murder him during the act even if the contract did not snuff him out as soon as he finished.

Dragging Ace and Brooke into this makes no sense. They are mortal creatures, cryptids, not demons from Hell. They grew up in the human world and have been exposed to mortal notions of romance and dating.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Teddy did not specify what he wanted exactly. He said he wanted a girlfriend. He did not say what he expected of such a relationship.
Yet, Chloe knew exactly what he meant since she said if he found one on his own, she wouldn't have to condemn him to Hell.
Error of Logic wrote:
Dragging Ace and Brooke into this makes no sense. They are mortal creatures, cryptids, not demons from Hell.
Which is beside the point. Having a girlfriend doesn't mean having sex, nor is getting Teddy laid giving him a girlfriend. It's just getting his rocks off.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Maechris wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm
You're assuming this is still Teddy we're talking about, but truth is Teddy was gone the moment his dream self was eaten by the giant representation of his boobied self in his dream, or not soon after.
Well there is the fact that Pandora said it was still him just in a different shape (admittedly that happened before the ectoplasm infusion). And Teddy also stated a while afterwards that it was still him inside.

On the contract, my interpretation from the beginning has been that if Teddy and Chloe "did the deed" that would in some way "complete" the contract and render Teddy liable, but if he could somehow get a girlfriend on his own that would nullify the contract. The going to hell immediately seemed like it was more a result of dying during the process. At the same time when he "died" Alchemy did imply that he would be going to hell even though the contract hadn't been completed apparently. Honestly it's all a bit muddy, but given that the goal all along has to get out of the contract I'm assuming that it is still achievable.

And just a comment on Alchemy, it seemed like Kimmy was into Chloe as much or moreso than Teddy from the get go, and seeing as Chloe "brought out the male side" when they first met I would have thought that Al would be as well.

Also I had forgotten that Alchemy's appearance was said to be different depending on the person. Kind of strange that shortly after that everyone seemed to see the same appearance.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:44 pm
That's a bit of an exaggeration and regardless, not good enough of an excuse to force someone into having sex.

And she did change her mind after she agreed, because she originally thought Teddy was asking her to have sex with Chloe as Kimmy, not as Al.
She never said no and there was no force involved, the topic just changed to Teddy trying to get across that she needed to be male. She never agreed to having sex as a male, so technically she didn't change her mind, it was more or less a misunderstanding. But I guess that's nitpicking. Still, sex wasn't the reason she flew off, it was somehow being really hurt by Teddy's words (I and others have explained why it was a overreaction, even callous toward Teddy and Chloe's situation).
But as i mentioned above, we don't even know for sure that a Reaper can work as a substitute. Chloe might not be able to actually feed of Alchemy, making this all moot.
Now this is something I am really curious about. What gave you the idea feeding has anything directly to do with a succubus losing her virginity? I don't think that's ever been mentioned. A succubus may lose control of her appetite during sex, but she doesn't need to feed while having sex just as she doesn't need to have sex to feed (as has been seen many times, succubi feed just fine via kissing and can even do so less directly than that in emergencies).

Every time the succubus virginity problem has been addressed its been the act of sex with a male that is needed, but feeding on him has never been stated to be necessary for a succubus to lose her virginity.

Also, given male demons and angels work when it comes to losing virginity (the former were noted as an option succubi can't take due to male demons avoiding them, and Pandora used an angel to solve her issue), we don't have any evidence a reaper in a male state wouldn't work. They don't seem to be that different, we know they are all in some sense flesh and blood beings despite their supernatural aspects (i.e. Alchemy has blood to inject into Teddy).

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:52 pm
Error of Logic wrote:

Teddy did not specify what he wanted exactly. He said he wanted a girlfriend. He did not say what he expected of such a relationship.
Yet, Chloe knew exactly what he meant since she said if he found one on his own, she wouldn't have to condemn him to Hell.
Yes, Chloe knew what he meant, and was willing to accept that interpretation. Her superiors who govern the contract are not, because they are out to screw the "customer" over as badly as possible. What is it about this that you are failing to process?
Gotoh wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:
Dragging Ace and Brooke into this makes no sense. They are mortal creatures, cryptids, not demons from Hell.
Which is beside the point. Having a girlfriend doesn't mean having sex, nor is getting Teddy laid giving him a girlfriend. It's just getting his rocks off.
That is an interpretation you and I agree on. Not everyone does. To some people, a girlfriend/boyfriend is simply a convenient way to have an exclusive partner to do just that.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Varanus wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:31 am

Now this is something I am really curious about. What gave you the idea feeding has anything directly to do with a succubus losing her virginity?
That is how Succubus traditionally eat, by having sex with men.

And it did sound like Chloe was literally trying to eat him here:

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... g_pictures
They don't seem to be that different, we know they are all in some sense flesh and blood beings despite their supernatural aspects (i.e. Alchemy has blood to inject into Teddy).
The issue is that their blood isn't blood, it's ectoplasm. As mentioned in these strips.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... _ectoplasm

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... is_haunted

So i'm not entirely sure Reapers have the bodily fluids that can satisfy a Succubus.