Dangerously Chloe 3-07-17 Spend the Night

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-07-17 Spend the Night

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah, but that just seems to be Eden's way of messing with Teddi, not a result of intense sexual attraction.

I wonder if the idea here is that the pheromones are actually behaving like real chemicals for once, and not working so well in the pouring rain.
It could also be to show that even though they are under the effects of the pheromones, they still have will if their own on some level.

stinkysteve

Post by stinkysteve »

Long time listener, first time caller here.......

Gotta chime in and say that I do not get the message board hate posted here lately about "moral bankrupcy" and comments along that thread.

I for one LOVE the direction of the comic (and you know, that is why I click on this page to read a comic - COMIC - about potentially evil, sexy succubi) and appreciate the efforts of the writers and artists.

It is tough for me to find a silver lining with Monday mornings, but DC is one of them!

EmptyHat

Post by EmptyHat »

I don't think the comic is in decline or full of intolerable moral bankruptcy. Some of the characters are pretty blithe and amoral, others aren't, tension and hijinks ensue.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It bears repeating: I will never cease to find it amusing that people seek characters with normal moral operation in a comic whose title character is a *sex demon from hell*.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

changer

Post by changer »

lordoffiling wrote:It bears repeating: I will never cease to find it amusing that people seek characters with normal moral operation in a comic whose title character is a *sex demon from hell*.
Yeah, I know. xD "I am shocked and flabbergasted that a story that includes multiple demons is not the very model of purity and goodness"

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

brasca wrote: Except for most of this strip before Teddy turned into Teddi when the shoe was on the original foot. I would also consider this proof that Teddi isn't abusing her succubus powers since she could've got Eden to comply with her every wish once she was in the room and close enough to get a dose of pheromones.
Not consciously perhaps (yet), but Teddy has absolutely been abusing his succubus powers, he just apparently hasn't realized he's been doing it. Knowingly having sex with people you know aren't in their right minds already seems pretty bad. His reasoning that it was to help them strains credulity after having done it multiple times with four different people to no evident change. And then there's all the boys he's been "testing".

On the discussion of the pheromones, we saw with Daisy that she still had some semblance of independence and rational thought (not smacking her head on the locker) but when Teddy "threw on the charm" she was more than happy to. I imagine if Teddy did the same here he could probably make Eden do whatever he wanted, and as it seems more than likely that Teddy will end up "helping" Eden (and maybe Chloe at the same time) fairly soon, compliance probably won't be an issue.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:It bears repeating: I will never cease to find it amusing that people seek characters with normal moral operation in a comic whose title character is a *sex demon from hell*.
...except the comic isn't just about her.

Teddy's human (or was), so is his sister, Naomi and her family, and Tandy. Plus, there are angels in the comic -- one of whom (Charity) has exhibited morally questionable behavior on occasion. But the one that has posters here disgruntled, is Teddy because of what he's been doing lately.

Also, just because Pandora's from hell doesn't mean readers are gonna be accepting of the stunts she pulls, simply because.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

And prior to this arc Teddy had been on the whole a "good guy", but for me at least that descriptor is taking something of a tarnish of late.

Also I think we can all agree that the titular Chloe (that kind of sounds rude) is a rather atypical succubus, and has been since way back in EC.

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:
brasca wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Yeah, but that just seems to be Eden's way of messing with Teddi, not a result of intense sexual attraction.

I wonder if the idea here is that the pheromones are actually behaving like real chemicals for once, and not working so well in the pouring rain.
Well outside the window one story down and in the pouring rain the pheromones wouldn't have any effect, but not after Eden invited her into the bedroom. However, Teddi being who she is agreed to do a striptease and fulfilled that rather than give Eden a dose of pheromones and tell her to get some hot chocolate and run a hot bath.
Teddi still doesn't know it's his body doing it automagically...so he would never do either of those things! He might ASK for hot chocolate and tot ake a showe rbut he wouldn't demand it.
The ongoing debate is how culpable Teddi is in assembling this fan club of hers. I have argued that Teddi is innocent and this is more proof since if she was aware of her powers she could simply promise Eden anything and then turn on the charm and make her a servant as soon as she was inside. That's something Pandora would do, but not Teddi.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:I have argued that Teddi is innocent
How is he innocent, when he's been scissoring girls he knows are supernaturally fixated on him? :-\

Teddy even confirmed it for himself by ordering Daisy into the shower with him, then had her bathe him and towel him off. Then went one step further by telling Daisy to smash her own face against a locker and had to promise to make out with her to keep her from actually going through with it.

He may not be aware of the pheromones he's been emitting, but he's still aware that this isn't their normal behavior, which hasn't stopped him from bedding them.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

scissoring? In this comic?

Yes, Teddi confirmed that the girls were not acting normally, and experimented to see how influenced they were, but...

how permanent are we to assume these pheromones to be? We've now seen two cases where they should not have had an effect: in the shower and now in the street. So either they are long-lasting, or the initial effect at least made the girls open to being friendly, with certain ideas towards friendly. Long-lasting seems to be more logical, or at least comic-physics-logical-to-support-the-story.

As for bedding them, he doesn't know how this works, and assumed that they just needed to have sex to get him out of their system.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:scissoring? In this comic?
It's been girl-on-girl. What else are you gonna call it?
FuzztFace wrote:As for bedding them, he doesn't know how this works, and assumed that they just needed to have sex to get him out of their system.
...and when it didn't work the first 2-3 times, he kept going hoping it eventually would?

Not only does that not make sense, it comes off as a flimsy excuse for Teddy to sleep with girls he knows aren't in their right mind.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Eden is wicked, but she's cute, so she gets what she wants. ;))

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:I have argued that Teddi is innocent
How is he innocent, when he's been scissoring girls he knows are supernaturally fixated on him? :-\

Teddy even confirmed it for himself by ordering Daisy into the shower with him, then had her bathe him and towel him off. Then went one step further by telling Daisy to smash her own face against a locker and had to promise to make out with her to keep her from actually going through with it.

He may not be aware of the pheromones he's been emitting, but he's still aware that this isn't their normal behavior, which hasn't stopped him from bedding them.
Because Teddi doesn't know she is the source of the supernatural attraction. Perhaps Teddi's analytical processes are affected by the transformation as I've theorized, but he didn't choose to become a hybrid and doesn't know anything about emitting pheromones. Who's she supposed to ask? Chloe has been sulking for weeks and Pandora can't be trusted. Seriously, Teddi is as culpable as your personal favorite Faith.

Jason Waltrip

Post by Jason Waltrip »

stinkysteve wrote:Long time listener, first time caller here.......
Welcome to the forum, stinkysteve! You've taken the plunge!