Dangerously Chloe 26-06-17 My Shower is Busted

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Sk'thloq

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-06-17 My Shower is Busted

Post by Sk'thloq »

I think I need to crack open my skull and pour bleach directly onto my brain now. :ymsick:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

This is getting too close to incestuous themes for my comfort.
Can we please not go there?

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*grimaces* N-next strip....please.

He thinks shes a teenager what the ever-living frick..

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

TtheLurker wrote:This is getting too close to incestuous themes for my comfort.
Can we please not go there?
Sadly, this isn't the first time they alluded to this - as Sergeant Slash and Stab indicating that if her attempted tryst with Teddy hadn't been interrupted, she would have happily turned into Abby in the middle of the act just to see if Teddy could buck her off. :ymsick:

I get that succubus don't have the same morals as mortals; but this comic is sincerely starting to push it - as it's one thing to imply it, but another thing to show it (whether one party is aware of it, or not).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Gotoh wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:the thrall situation gave me an unpleasant sense of déjà vu which harkens back to Magick chicks.
It reminds me more of VC.
The thing about VC is that they were acknowledged as evil in the beginning and then instead of any of the cheerleaders having a change of heart, the writer just retconned them into being good. I liked that they were villains and had encounters with beings far more evil than themselves, but I hated the "they're really not so bad" BS.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Seconded.

The whole bit where Heather suddenly revealed the vampire coven gave prospective members a choice, when before we had every reason to believe they recruited by force, just killed most of the lingering dregs of affection I still held for VC.
The few that remained, were solely for Lorna in combat mode; the times she stopped being a whiny brat obsessing with achieving the perfect senior year and just hauled off and kicked ass as a master vampire were delightful -- but did not weigh up against the disappointment the rest of the series generated.

Teddi at least has the excuse that she is oblivious to what is happening.
Those vampire cheerleaders did not, or should not have, not with an elder of the coven to teach them what's what.
All Teddi has are an idiot and a deliberate saboteur.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I don't think (and sincerely hope) that the comic will veer fully into incestuous territory, but Lance ogling "Chloe" is already getting into kind of creepy waters.
Fluffy wrote: So, bets on how soon Teddy's pheromones have an effect on Lance and he actively tries to make the moves on his own son? :ymsick:
I'm again thinking / hoping they won't go there. A possible explanation for why he's not affected could be that he's related, or Pandora's pheromones are blocking out Teddy's. Not that I think if that's the case it was intentional on her part since she seemed happy enough to suggest a threesome to Lance.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:I had a horrifying feeling this comic was going to have Lance flirting with his 'son's girlfriend', at some point; I just didn't think it would be this soon.
Yeah, Lance really isn't making a positive impression right now. Then again, maybe we shouldn't be surprised, he leaves his kids by themselves most of the time.

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

edisnooM wrote:A possible explanation for why he's not affected could be that he's related, or Pandora's pheromones are blocking out Teddy's. Not that I think if that's the case it was intentional on her part since she seemed happy enough to suggest a threesome to Lance.
Actually it may have been intentional, as she has shown that she is capable of doing the right thing (when she thinks it advantageous). I wouldn't be too surprised if the whole marriage thing was done to protect Teddy.

As for the threesome, there's a difference between suggesting and actually facilitating.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

TtheLurker wrote: Actually it may have been intentional, as she has shown that she is capable of doing the right thing (when she thinks it advantageous). I wouldn't be too surprised if the whole marriage thing was done to protect Teddy.

As for the threesome, there's a difference between suggesting and actually facilitating.
Possibly but at this point I'm not really willing to give Pandora the benefit of the doubt, not to mention how she currently has Lance enthralled and is taking extensive sexual liberties with him, which even if she was "helping" is pretty skeevy.

And yeah there is a difference, but given what we know of Pandora, I don't know that she wasn't being serious, or wouldn't have gone along with it if Lance had been agreeable. I mean she did suggest it while in the process of groping Teddy, and she hasn't shied from crossing some pretty creepy boundaries in the past.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:the thrall situation gave me an unpleasant sense of déjà vu which harkens back to Magick chicks.
It reminds me more of VC.
It doesn't seem quite as bad in Lance's case.
Lokitsu wrote:The thing about VC is that they were acknowledged as evil in the beginning and then instead of any of the cheerleaders having a change of heart, the writer just retconned them into being good. I liked that they were villains and had encounters with beings far more evil than themselves, but I hated the "they're really not so bad" BS.
Error of Logic wrote:Seconded.

The whole bit where Heather suddenly revealed the vampire coven gave prospective members a choice, when before we had every reason to believe they recruited by force, just killed most of the lingering dregs of affection I still held for VC.
The few that remained, were solely for Lorna in combat mode; the times she stopped being a whiny brat obsessing with achieving the perfect senior year and just hauled off and kicked ass as a master vampire were delightful -- but did not weigh up against the disappointment the rest of the series generated.

Teddi at least has the excuse that she is oblivious to what is happening.
Those vampire cheerleaders did not, or should not have, not with an elder of the coven to teach them what's what.
All Teddi has are an idiot and a deliberate saboteur.
Maybe Adam Arnold planned an evolution or self-realization in the aborted "Vampire Cheerleaders Camp It Up!" but as it is, it's a Heel-Face Turn fast enough to cause whiplash. Even worse, they combined human capabilities with their vampiric powers so they really were better than human. Lori went from a vampire stuck in a rut who could barely control her own coven into a Mary Sue commanding her own Yamato expy. (Blasphemy!) Zoe and Lesley are CEO and CFO of a major corporation. The bitchy then perky B squad are star fighter pilots. Suki goes from a predatory bad seed who killed Zoe's boyfriend to a lovable ditzy nymphomaniac who cries over the death of aliens she'd just met. (On the other hand Heather was stuck as an office manager when last seen.) It's like if Vegeta became the most powerful and moral fighter in Dragonball Z after his Turn. It's not hard to see it as Adam giving into the Vampyre Supremacists. Ironically, a strip that started making fun of the Twilight-style vampires ended up having theirs as superheroes with fangs.

To make a comparison with the current strip, Teddy seems to be going the opposite direction, a Face-Heel turn where he becomes less moral and less competent. The same would apply to Chloe and the others.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

IMHO, I don't think this episode is incestuous, because Teddi doesn't really look like Teddy. :?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Teddi IS Teddy, however.
Lance might not perceive the incestuous aspect, but it's there.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not a big fan of this plot thread, but I really can't see the "incest" aspect as that terrible. "Parent accidentally and unknowingly flirts with offspring who they don't recognise because <wacky fantasy reason>" isn't a new gag, and provided that the flirtation remains mild, is only mildly squicky; the no-DON'T-go-there squick is the whole joke, after all. Heck, Dr Who used the exact same gag on an early evening family show, and Futurama had actual grandmother/grandson incest. So I can't exactly say that this strip had me morally traumatised.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The thing is, there are two main reasons this is super squicky. The first is the incestuous implications (albeit, unawares on one side). The other thing is a man who has to be in his later forties flirting with a girl who,as far as he's aware, is not only his 'son's girlfriend', but is 15/16 years old. The guy is far too casual/relaxed in having just gotten an eyeful of a nude minor.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.