Dangerously Chloe 19-06-17 Normal Human Father Son Stuff

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 19-06-17 Normal Human Father Son Stuff

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:Heather of Vampire Cheerleaders is still one of the good guys despite what she ends up doing to her parents repeatedly for no justified reason.
Heather wasn't treated as a good guy, what she did to her parents confirmed Steph's suspicions that the cheerleaders needed to be stopped.

Also, Michael Shelfer (the comic's artist for vols.3 and 4) openly said even he hated her and wanted her gone. Which is why she wound up being written out of the comic. Her last appearance amounted to a cameo where she asked Char to apologize to Leonard for her.
Last edited by Gotoh on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

I would just love it if Teddi loses his cool and starts a fight with Pandora. :-bd

brasca

Post by brasca »

Lokitsu wrote:With all the hate on Teddy lately, I've been wondering: has everyone forgotten that Chloe and Co. are monsters? And right now (afaik) Teddy is one of them. He's bound to a succubus and has succubus and reaper blood running through his veins. Does that mean I think what he's doing is right? No, even if he's stupidly ignorant of why the girls are throwing themselves at him, he does know that giving one of the guys to Chloe carries the risk of death. I'm not entirely certain he's in his right mind though. But I'm not angry at these plot developments like some of you seem. Most of the main characters in the C-verse are protagonists, not heroes. We were told from the start of EC that many of them hunt and eat humans. Why are people still surprised every time one of the main characters acts in an evil manner? For that matter, haven't any of you noticed by now that almost every character in every comic that Dave and Giz make are complete selfish jerks? It's kind of the running gag. Its like Vegeta being an a-hole; either you roll with it or don't bother to watch. And btw, he killed off entire planets and he still gets to hang with the good guys.
As far as Teddy being devoured, torn apart, dragged to Hell, etc: you know its not going to happen. The comic will have a happy ending with noone suffering any real consequences for their actions. Dave and Co. didn't punish Cerise, so they almost certainly aren't going to punish Teddy.
Indeed, but it would seem that the cryptids follow some unwritten or unspoken code. The vampires could kill the humans they feed on, but don't so perhaps as long as succubi stick to leading already corrupted people to ruin there isn't such a fuss. They're monsters, but they could be a whole lot worse.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Lokitsu wrote:Most of the main characters in the C-verse are protagonists, not heroes.
That's a baseless generalization, as there just as many heroic or 'decent' characters in the C-verse.
Lokitsu wrote:For that matter, haven't any of you noticed by now that almost every character in every comic that Dave and Giz make are complete selfish jerks? It's kind of the running gag.
...and here's why I said it's baseless, 'cuz that statement only applies to a handful of characters. Should I name all of the other characters who prove otherwise? :-\

Such as: Tiffany, Ace, Brooke, Layla, Faith, Callie, Tandy, Ash, and Twiggit and I can link to examples showing each of them is either heroic, or at least conscientious (which I've done plenty of times in old threads). None of them are perfect, and each is prone to their vices, but they're far from being completly self-centered a-holes.
Lokitsu wrote:The comic will have a happy ending with noone suffering any real consequences for their actions. Dave and Co. didn't punish Cerise, so they almost certainly aren't going to punish Teddy.
No, but they did punish the Hellrunes over the orb incident, which is why they got booted out of CH and shipped off to a school of monster hunters. Doompantied Chloe got humiliated twice by Layla for trying to steal Dio from her and for thinking she could treat Layla as her servant. And Blair eventually got his comeuppance when Nina finally handed him over to Tia.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Yes, but these aren't consequences as serious as eternal damnation. And a recurring theme is getting what you want, but not in the way expected like Melissa ultimately becoming the queen bee of Artemis Academy, but it's only her good side or Teddi being popular with the girls, but not in the way he could've imagined when this strip began.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Yes, but these aren't consequences as serious as eternal damnation.
That's a different matter entirely from what Lokitsu is suggesting. According to him/her, the C-verse characters never get punished no matter how cruel their actions are (such as the Cerise example, (s)he used).

My point is, not everyone gets off scot-free like Cerise did. We've seen plenty of characters reap what they've sown.
brasca wrote:And a recurring theme is getting what you want, but not in the way expected like Melissa ultimately becoming the queen bee of Artemis Academy, but it's only her good side or Teddi being popular with the girls, but not in the way he could've imagined when this strip began.
Not quite. Mel's goal was to overthrow Faith, but she didn't. Instead, Faith abdicated her position to her and now Mel is stuck dealing with the workload and expectations that come with the office.

Likewise, Teddy never wished to be popular with girls. All he wanted was a girlfriend, period. The girl he used to have a crush on (Jacqui) wasn't into him that way and she still isn't. The most she was willing to give him was a quickie, as long as Teddy was cute.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

edisnooM wrote:@Varanus

I will confess that I haven't read Vampire Cheerleaders, but from what you describe that does sound pretty sketchy.
Even more sketchy, she made her mother get pregnant so she could have a baby sister.
Gotoh wrote:
Varanus wrote:Heather of Vampire Cheerleaders is still one of the good guys despite what she ends up doing to her parents repeatedly for no justified reason.
Heather wasn't treated as a good guy, what she did to her parents confirmed Steph's suspicions that the cheerleaders needed to be stopped.

Also, Michael Shelfer (the comic's artist for vols.3 and 4) openly said even he hated her and wanted her gone. Which is why she wound up being written out of the comic. Her last appearance amounted to a cameo where she asked Char to apologize to Leonard for her.
At the prom she was allowed to justify herself (subverting The Reason You Suck Speech trope) and then portrayed as a hero in getting Lori to surrender instead of being killed. Ironically, it was by appealing to family ("It All Comes Down to Family"), which makes her a massive hypocrite after enslaving the one that gave birth to her.

Michael Shelfer may have hated her, but Adam Arnold wanted the whole thing to be camp. Most people thought they were Unintentionally Sympathetic. Don't forget the vampyre supremacists like TBeholder who insisted Heather was an innocent victim of abuse, despite no evidence of it.