17-11-10 marshmallow soft

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 17-11-10 marshmallow soft

Post by Azrael »

Makkabee wrote:I love how Melissa Hellrune seems to think of herself as this dark witch-queen type when she's actually more lucky than clever. She wanted Kade and conceived an improbable plan to land him. The plan went completely wrong, and she ended up with him anyway just because she happened to walk by at just the right moment to be his consolation prize after the girl (more or less) he was REALLY after walked off.

"I'd rather be lucky than good." ~ R. Petty :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

Looks like Mr. Kitty-Kade just got Zonked on that deal. :)

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Cerise and Jacqui both seem pretty keen on the idea, and not really shy about saying so... strange for the "Popular Girls."

Layla's being oddly chummy now.

Border Prince

Post by Border Prince »

My usual reply to that proposal/asking wrong person to the dance is: :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))

Layla seems to have been laughin more at the fact that the Catanova fell in love with a GUY and not at the fact that Puppy got into more trouble than usual. Glad to she is nice enough to not kick people already lying down all the time.

And just look at Mignonette's face in the first panel. She is so cute with that vacant "What's going on" look.
Don Alexander wrote:If we had a "Post of the day" prize, you'd get it!!

BRILLIANT!!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I predict that its Action Plan Counter Attack time!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

crimso

Post by crimso »

"I hear my father howling for me" =))

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

BWAH-HA-HA! I called it (somewhat)! Melissa didn't pull away from that kiss! :)) I'll bet that kiss will be something of a possible Running Gag between Layla and Melissa, and if not, it should be! Think about it: Giz has always had something of a lesbian "undercurrent" in all of her comics: Liz (Cool Cat Studios), Sara (Penny and Aggie), Didi/Zii/Sonya (Menage a 3). The only thing missing was that Layla didn't have any lipstick from Melissa on her lips when she entered the bathroom! :)) You forgot to add that Melissa was lucky as well when she didn't answer Cerise's question because of Kade's (accidental) dance proposal to her. Heh--I wonder what Layla thought of it?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm really finding Layla to be the most complex character in this comic, we've seen more sides of her and more aspects of her personality than any two others combined. She is a supportive big sister to Nina who wants to help guide her sister through life, granted Layla wants to show Nina how she thinks Nina should act, but she does care. She can be very selfish at times, but so far it only seems to be about petty things. During the love zombie incident she showed herself willing and ready, if not able, to try and protect Nina.

I think her relationship with Kade really shows some depth to her character. I honestly don't think she is truly as self confident as she portrays herself to be in regards to being with Kade. Kade has been presented as being THE guy of the school, the one all the girls want. I think Layla was more than a little uncertain just why Kade was with her, but her own ego wouldn't really let her dwell on it. That's why she put up with him sleazing around with other girls, part of her felt just too fortunate to be considered HIS girlfriend to really object, while imparting some kind of system of punishment upon him to sooth her ego. Until finally it just became too much for her, and she blew up on him like we saw while he was mooching on Ace.

And now I think we are seeing her trying to reconcile the turmoil of emotions she's been through since, becoming depressed and sad over losing Kade, lashing out angrily at the girl who makes a much simpler and more emotionally acceptable target than trying to sort through the tangle that her relationship was and how it went belly up, to breaking down into laughter not so much to mock Ace, but just because the absurdity of the situation needed an outlet. People will laugh at the weirdest moments, even if it's not really funny, but because their emotions are so mixed up that they have to let something out. And that's kind of what I see with Layla in this latest comic with the comforting/appealing hand on Ace's shoulder.

I doubt Layla really understands half of what she's feeling at the moment, especially given her age, and she's just trying to muddle her way through it all.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I was hoping to see the puppy bare her teeth finally.
Oh well - let's see how this pans out.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

What's with the weird backgrounds in the last two panels? Has more magic been done?

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I told you Layla was laughing at the situation and out of schadenfreude...she's 16... what'd you expect?
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

nanomaria

Post by nanomaria »

See guys? Layla is not some rampant bitch-o and there is no hostility. Yay Layla! Now Ace turn back into a boy so I can ship the two of you in a form Ace is comfortable in...
I like Dragon age.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I'm glad Kade has a date to the big dance. I just hope she doesn't turn him into a toad or something. I don't trust her!

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Ace is 14, Layla's 16. That's a big difference in high school. I could see Layla try to talk girl-Ace in to pranking Kade, but I just can't see her having much interest at all in guy-Ace.

The more I look at this strip, I wonder if Layla will try to be nice to girl-Ace - she's acting awfully chummy. Of course, Ace did just give her a nice little catharsis moment.
I still like to see Ace get a little catharsis. A screaming fit, angrily sinking her teeth into a harmless rabbit, something like that. Ace either has the patience of Job, or she (for now) is biting back a boatload of rage.
PIXIE MEL!!!

James Rye

Post by James Rye »

Haha, Kaede really seems to have fallen for Grace. XD
Kaedex(Gr)Ace for win! Let us see what Grace gonna wear as costume for the party! :))

I bet Ace, i mean Grace will sleep over at Nina´s slumber party too. I hope for some akward funny scenes. ;)
Ace´s a great (and darn cute in his girl form) butt-monkey, good job! :ymapplause: