Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Flashbacks of Teddi's "interesting week" come to an end. Teddi has his own personal quartet of bodyguards now!

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-06-17 On The Right Track

Post by FuzzyFace »

Is it that Teddi is just that naive when it comes to women? He's really good with mechanical stuff, but do we have any reason to believe that he understands psychology, like at all...?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Teddy: I'm still working out the kinks...

More like exploiting a situation, in which he can have all the nookie he can ask for with the weak excuse of trying to get the confirmed magically induced lust out of these enthralled girls systems.

Why are we supposed to be rooting for this prick, again?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Tython

Post by Tython »

I would argue that it is Teddy's lack of experience in all things magical that is causing him to do things he would normally not do. That being said yes at the moment he is being a prick. Although I am still worried what will happen once he returns to full male status.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Two words: Murphy's Law...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

And that's how Teddy became queen bee of the school.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

So Pandora's comment in panel 4....

Either she's trolling him, or apparently oral doesn't set off the succubi death lust.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

>bodyguards

That's an odd way to spell Harem, Jason.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

So is Teddy's intelligence suppose to have taken a few point hits here or something? Or is he just being wilfully naive?

Pandora didn't tell him tell him about the pheromones, which isn't that surprising and I didn't really expect her too. And it looks like the implication here is that Teddy fully intends to continuing "helping" the girls, despite it not apparently helping them at all. He even may feel like he has a good reason now too since it's helping Chloe out. At any rate it looks like the skeevy-ness continues.

His reaction to being a lesbian is kind of bizarre here too. Like he's said from the beginning that it's still him in there, and more recently said he is and isn't a girl, so the extreme reaction that his still presumably male mind is attracted to girls seems weird.

And honestly Teddy it really didn't take much to get you talking about your sexual exploits.

I am curious if Teddy is still planning on taking off after this though. And are they going to address the fact that Pandora basically brainwashed Teddy's dad into marrying her?

Hyper Magi wrote:So Pandora's comment in panel 4....

Either she's trolling him, or apparently oral doesn't set off the succubi death lust.
I think Pandora is already supposed to have "punched her v-card" with that angel (Zathuriel?), so I think the implication is that she is past the "lethal" stage.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Cortez wrote:And that's how Teddy became queen bee of the school.
Can't quite decide what theme to use.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Alexander Collins

I've already said this but I really hate Pandora. I wish they would just kill her off or at least get captured by Slash-Stab

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I think I'm losing touch with this comic. This latest storyline has been gradually losing me for several weeks, but now we're coming up to the home stretch. I used to feel sorry for Teddy, but his actions as portrayed here are painting him as either wilfully ignorant, a colossal dumbass, or both, and my sympathy for him is being stretched razor-thin. And Pandora, as usual, is being annoying and a nuisance.

Look, Dave, maybe there's some kind of explanation for all this or at least a satisfying conclusion down the line in your writing plans. But if that's the case then frankly, it needs to hurry up and get here because in the meantime, you're losing me, and a lot of your other readers too.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And this what I find most irritating. All this complaining over Teddi's intelligence or motivation and why it's so out of character. We are all free to agree and disagree, but my concern is that when enough people start throwing around terms like date rapist that the creators of this strip may feel compelled to rewrite things because of disgruntled readers. It happened before when enough people felt outraged about Lacy's home life and it could happen again and it stifles the creative process. Worse yet is they may quit.

I trust that the creative team behind this strip know what they are doing and would not go down the road that Teddi is wittingly or unwittingly abusing power because it's a really dark place to go. No one could sympathize with Teddi for knowingly using pheromones to have sex with all these classmates and if Teddi realized that's exactly what happened the guilt would be too much and we'd have to suffer through chapters of Teddi brooding. Eventually we'll get an explanation that will satisfy most, but for now I'm glad that we seem to be wrapping up this chapter so I don't have to read another dissertation on supernatural date rape until the next unsubstantiated outrage emerges.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:And this what I find most irritating. All this complaining over Teddi's intelligence or motivation and why it's so out of character. We are all free to agree and disagree, but my concern is that when enough people start throwing around terms like date rapist that the creators of this strip may feel compelled to rewrite things because of disgruntled readers.
And this is what I find most irritating - people who claim they understand people have differing opinions, but get upset when people voice their criticisms on certain story elements. Writers/artists take the risk when publishing their works - knowing that all critiques aren't going to be in favor of the direction the writer/artist takes the media in - and the creator either learns from the critiques or stubbornly sticks to it. In the end, it's their choice where it goes.

Yeah, the story is a work in progress - but it's a story that has been going on for over three years now. People have been giving it a chance, and are not impressed where it's heading. Why shouldn't they express their opinions if they find something particularly distasteful ? (and yes, under any other circumstances, someone sleeping with people who are not in their right minds would be called a date rapist; so, why wouldn't it apply here?).

Just because the story isn't finished doesn't mean people should suppress their opinions until the project has reached its conclusion.
It happened before when enough people felt outraged about Lacy's home life and it could happen again and it stifles the creative process. Worse yet is they may quit.
Prior to the edits, it was made clear that a lesbian couple were conditioning their daughters into being lesbians. Considering the negative stereotype surrounding same sex couples that raise kids, I can't blame anyone for getting super pissed about it. I, for one, am glad they changed it.

And if people quit over criticism? Maybe they're in the wrong career - because criticism is part of the job.
I trust that the creative team behind this strip know what they are doing and would not go down the road that Teddi is wittingly or unwittingly abusing power because it's a really dark place to go. No one could sympathize with Teddi for knowingly using pheromones to have sex with all these classmates and if Teddi realized that's exactly what happened the guilt would be too much and we'd have to suffer through chapters of Teddi brooding.
Too late for that. The hatred towards Teddy started when he started actively dating all his former bullies, looking for the perfect male to take his place in punching Chloe's V-Card; which is effectively a death sentence to the 'lucky winner'. In regards to the girls, he's already confirmed to himself that the girls are under some kind of magical influence and are not in their right minds; but they will literally do anything for him if he puts on the charm. The fact that he's setting up a jock as a sacrifice and fucking confirmed enthralled girls while knowing there's something supernatural making them act this way - no matter what his reasons are and even if he finally clues in on the obvious fact that he's the one influencing these people - it makes it impossible to sympathize with him.
Eventually we'll get an explanation that will satisfy most, but for now I'm glad that we seem to be wrapping up this chapter so I don't have to read another dissertation on supernatural date rape until the next unsubstantiated outrage emerges.
Well, get used to it; because people are not obligated to love everything that is published and, if the story keeps unfolding as it has over the last couple of arcs, there's going to be plenty to complain about.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Alexander Collins

Remeber when this comics was about a succubus named Chloe trying to save the soul of a human she likes? Because I think Pixie Trix sure forgot... :-w [-(