Dangerously Chloe 12-06-17 Am I Out of Your System

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 12-06-17 Am I Out of Your System

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! We fast-forward through Teddi's "interesting week". A very, very busy week!

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-06-17 Am I Out of Your System

Post by Cortez »

Looks like Teddy got into the punching by the third panel.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

So, same song second verse, little bit louder and a little bit worse.

It really strains credulity that Teddy wouldn't clue into the fact that all these girls that were just recently attacking him are now completely fixated on him exclusively. And also that none of his "helping" is in fact helping the girls. Judging from Teddy's expression in panel five I'd say it's not just for their "benefit" either.

You know the further along this goes the more I wonder exactly how Teddy comes back from this as a character, if in spite of all this he is still supposed to be the "hero" of the story. Even if he doesn't know the full extent of what he's doing it's still pretty reprehensible, so if after all this it just gets ignored and everyone moves on like nothing happened, or it was no big deal that'll be kind of a cop out.

That was one of the reasons I was thinking / hoping it would turn out he was being affected by the Succubus / Reaper mixture and was going all eeevil. But now it seems like nope, it's still supposed to be the same Teddy doing all this. We are a far cry from the plucky underdog with a heart of gold and a passion for clocks we first met.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

He could still be affected by it. Demonic influence doesn't always have to be blatant. If his mind was going "Let's murder people just because we can!" then he'd instantly know something was wrong, and try to fight it. But making him more sexually active? Amplifying urges that naturally happen to teenagers his age anyway? He still doesn't suspect that he's responsible for the odd behavior going on.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Remember that he hasn't been privy to the information we have. All he knows is that the girls have been acting oddly, demanding both to be punched and sexual active with him. So he's created a model in his head for what is going on and is testing it. And not quite catching on to the fact that the model is clearly wrong.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

But Fuzzyface, he has caught on that something magical/mind-altering is going on, what's unbelievable is that he has come this far without even considering he could have anything to do with it. Heck he knows his body has been altered magically and has magic in it, its why he was able to take on the form he has now to begin with, so it taking so long for him to consider one of the obvious possibilities is straining credibility for a lot of us.

<><><>

On another note, it may well be difficult for the Teddy character we knew before all this to come back, but I do hope he does (or at least partially returns). I bet all this will have lingering effects on his behavior of course, but I would rather the sexual-predation go back to the succubi where it belongs and they know what they're doing. Teddy was a nice balance to the other characters, a voice of reason amidst craziness, the comic has felt so lopsided since his transformation became semi-permanent.

Also I frankly have been given no reason yet to care about this group of teenage girls from his school as characters (all we know of them is their violent default states and how they are mind-whammied) so I am getting a bit tired that we are spending so much time on them. At least we ran through the others in a single update.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Ya ever sit down, look at your life, and ask "How the hell did I even get here?"
Yet still, I live...

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

edisnooM wrote:You know the further along this goes the more I wonder exactly how Teddy comes back from this as a character, if in spite of all this he is still supposed to be the "hero" of the story.
You either die a hero...
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Incidentally, the girl that looks like she play Roller Derby is my favorite.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Hyper Magi wrote:He could still be affected by it. Demonic influence doesn't always have to be blatant. If his mind was going "Let's murder people just because we can!" then he'd instantly know something was wrong, and try to fight it.

People would rightfully argue that Teddy should be well aware that something is amiss - considering the same girls who were beating the tar out of him for stealing their boyfriends not a week prior are now suddenly willing to dump their boyfriend/completely change their sexuality in a desperate attempt to get into his pants. The klaxxons should be blasting in his ears!
But making him more sexually active? Amplifying urges that naturally happen to teenagers his age anyway? He still doesn't suspect that he's responsible for the odd behavior going on.
Then Teddy is a bonafide idiot - because how can he not come to the natural conclusion that the succubi blood that changed his gender wouldn't be having an affect on the girls just as much as the boys; especially after he had tested Daisy to see if she was enthralled (which he had confirmed she was).

Try to paint things as casual as you'd like, but Teddy is now - unconsciously or not - date raping his bullies.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, can't quite find this sexy since Teddi - due to some sort of magical, brainwashing aphrodisiac - is having sex with people against their better judgment. Hopefully Teddi's mind itself has been warped by the cocktail of supernatural genetics, otherwise he is essentially a rapist.... Or, a definition of insanity, i.e. doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting the outcome to be different.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Just like he's aware of what will happen to the guy who passes his ridiculous test (torn apart by Chloe); Teddy is well aware that these girls are not in their right minds, given that he actively had to turn on the charm in order to get Daisy to smash her head into the lockers - something she initially refused to do - and didn't stop until Teddy offered to make out with her. Then, after fucking her, was approached by three other women, where the process repeated itself.

Teddy is either incredibly stupid or willfully blind, thanks to all the nookie he's suddenly getting.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Gotta say, I don't get the 'punch me' aspect. I could have taken the first time as just a quirk of kinks, but this strip implies it's something else entirely.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Is it me or does the Pixie-verse seem devout to Murphy's Law? :-? :-Q

DoggieDog52

Post by DoggieDog52 »

I think everyone else kind of said it already but it is really odd just how far Teddy is going. On the one hand I'm glad the comic isn't going the cliche route of gender bender to hijnks and then that's it but on the other hand he's done some pretty radical things for his character. He started out as just a hopeless kid trying to get a girlfriend and now he fucks everything that moves. It's really hard to sell him as trying to help out Chloe when he doesn't seem to have much of a plan and has been giving into his urges left and right.

I dunno. I might just be jumping the gun and we'll see more about his character later on but right now "Teddi" just seems like such a departure from his original form that I don't know how he can go back to it. But then again, maybe we won't.