Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Gotoh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 pm

MoonshadowDark wrote:why not line up two potential suitors to divide the danger? Greater chance of survival if you use two people.
No it wouldn't, considering what happened during the kissing booth incident. Chloe was draining guys' souls back-to-back each time she pecked one of 'em, and the bodies were piling up next to the booth.

User avatar
edisnooM
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by edisnooM » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

'J' wrote:The title character of this comic is literally​ a sexual predator. We can all just be thankful that it doesn't go much past energy.
To be fair to Chloe one of her most defining characteristics all along has been that she isn't a very "good" succubus. And honestly Teddy is more of a sexual predator than Chloe at this point. I mean the only thing that immediately springs to mind with Chloe was that jock she fed on, and that seemed to be largely consensual, and only kissing (albeit quite draining) as I recall.

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Gotoh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:05 pm

edisnooM wrote:To be fair to Chloe one of her most defining characteristics all along has been that she isn't a very "good" succubus.
Not only that, Chloe even said she was a failure as a succubus.

User avatar
vampire hunter D
Posts: 3812
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Location: Jasoom

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by vampire hunter D » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 am

LonestarF1 wrote:
OllieOrOlly wrote:Oh my PG-13! Heh heh
Actually I think at this point the comic has been bumped up to a Soft-R if we're using the MPAA rating system.
Actually, considering Giz is from Canada that makes this a foreign production. And Pixie Trix is a small operation, making this an independant production. Thus, the MPAA would give it a hard R, maybe an NC-17
Pointless arguing is one of the three pillars upon which the Internet is built. The other two are of course cat pictures and porn.

bejammin2000
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by bejammin2000 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:07 am

Please. It has a lesbian succubi seducing innocent young women.

IT DOES NOT GET RATED! NO THEATRE RELEASE FOR YOU!

User avatar
Maechris
Posts: 565
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Maechris » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am

edisnooM wrote:And honestly Teddy is more of a sexual predator than Chloe at this point. I mean the only thing that immediately springs to mind with Chloe was that jock she fed on, and that seemed to be largely consensual, and only kissing (albeit quite draining) as I recall.
Come on, this is a universe where two guys got magically forced into intense gay feelings for one another and a girl was mind-bending the whole school into idolizing her and getting her laid.

It's more the fact Teddy's too dumb right now to realize he's the source of the pheromones that bothers me, but I guess that came with the bimbofication cocktail he received.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 666
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by LegendaryKroc » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:52 pm

BioYuGi wrote:The amount of breast sucking in this comic went up exponentially since Teddy became Teddi and I couldn't be happier about it becoming Seikon no Qwaser: the webcomic.
For those who don't get the joke, Seikon no Qwaser (or The Qwaser of Stigmata in English) is a manga/anime about a guy who can gain powers from drinking breastmilk. So yeah, lots of breastfeeding.

I guess it's one of those things I could enjoy as a guilty pleasure, though my brain finds it hard to wrap around the exact thought process that must have gone down to see it created.

After hearing about that Japanese dating sim where the avatars of all the characters except the protagonist were pictures of birds of some kind (pigeons generally speaking) I promised myself I would never again be surprised by something bizarre coming out of Japan or that general area, but I am continually shocked by the crazy imaginations some of their creators have.
Gotoh wrote:
edisnooM wrote:To be fair to Chloe one of her most defining characteristics all along has been that she isn't a very "good" succubus.
Not only that, Chloe even said she was a failure as a succubus.
Note: We no longer need the web.archive site. Eerie Cuties is back up.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Gotoh » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Maechris wrote:Come on, this is a universe where two guys got magically forced into intense gay feelings for one another and a girl was mind-bending the whole school into idolizing her and getting her laid.


Not unless you're talking about Cerise.
LegendaryKroc wrote:We no longer need the web.archive site. Eerie Cuties is back up.
Glad to hear it. That just leaves MC.

User avatar
Sk'thloq
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 am
Location: Your nightmares

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Sk'thloq » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 pm

I think he was talking about Cerise, Gotoh.
Also, =p~
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

User avatar
edisnooM
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by edisnooM » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Gotoh wrote: Not only that, Chloe even said she was a failure as a succubus.
Oh wow, now that is a throwback. How many years has it been now?
Maechris wrote: Come on, this is a universe where two guys got magically forced into intense gay feelings for one another and a girl was mind-bending the whole school into idolizing her and getting her laid.

It's more the fact Teddy's too dumb right now to realize he's the source of the pheromones that bothers me, but I guess that came with the bimbofication cocktail he received.
Yeah, and I don't think any of that was meant to be particularly "good". If memory serves though, usually when it's "wacky hijinks" like the former it is generally a one strip gag, and when it's more like the latter it's generally seen as "bad" and something to be stopped. I mean is this the first time in this -verse that mind control hasn't been portrayed as outright villainous and something the "good guys" should be working against?

Teddy may still be ignorant of the source of this (which I agree is stretching a bit), but even so he has been basically drugging and sexually assaulting his test subjects and now Daisy.
LegendaryKroc wrote: Note: We no longer need the web.archive site. Eerie Cuties is back up.
Woo!

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2990
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by brasca » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:18 pm

edisnooM wrote:
Gotoh wrote: Not only that, Chloe even said she was a failure as a succubus.
Oh wow, now that is a throwback. How many years has it been now?
Maechris wrote: Come on, this is a universe where two guys got magically forced into intense gay feelings for one another and a girl was mind-bending the whole school into idolizing her and getting her laid.

It's more the fact Teddy's too dumb right now to realize he's the source of the pheromones that bothers me, but I guess that came with the bimbofication cocktail he received.
Yeah, and I don't think any of that was meant to be particularly "good". If memory serves though, usually when it's "wacky hijinks" like the former it is generally a one strip gag, and when it's more like the latter it's generally seen as "bad" and something to be stopped. I mean is this the first time in this -verse that mind control hasn't been portrayed as outright villainous and something the "good guys" should be working against?

Teddy may still be ignorant of the source of this (which I agree is stretching a bit), but even so he has been basically drugging and sexually assaulting his test subjects and now Daisy.
Really? Because it all seems very one sided. Everyone that Teddi has been auditioning got a hand job and the top tier got a blow job. I don't think anyone of them complained or reciprocated. In fact the only way Teddi may feel any kind of sexual gratification is when it's time to test the front runner. And I doubt that Teddi will feel all that great about losing virginity to the alpha of all alpha males. However, the champion will certainly not complain when the deed is done.

Now Teddi is ignorant of the pheromones and while many think that seems unlike the Teddy we know was there ever a time that Chloe told him that she had the ability to make men and women fall for her with just one whiff? Sure Teddi could ask Pandora, but how helpful do you think she'd really be and Chloe has been too sullen to be much help so the logical conclusion is that Chloe is a hot girl and Teddi thinks that just having a body like hers is why the boys have suddenly changed their opinion.

If Teddi was doing all this to get revenge on the bullies who used to beat him up and the girls who wouldn't pay attention then it would be an abuse of power, but Teddi is ignorant of having any such powers beyond beauty. Teddi is doing all this to save Chloe and not getting all that much out of it. As previously stated Teddi has been very giving on those dates and one might criticize that behavior for creating a culture of entitlement since everyone of those boys got sex on some level after the date. You may also criticize Teddi for potentially leading a boy into a lion's den, but Teddi is choosing the best of the best in hopes that they will survive. If Teddi didn't care about their well being he'd pick the biggest jerk of the bunch and feed him to her. And when all is said and done the alpha dog may leave Chloe's bedroom happier than he's ever been because in just one week he got to have sex with 2 hot girls.

Now I'm not going to ignore the importance of the pheromones. They contribute a lot to making Teddi attractive. Without that power Teddi would likely be the victim of transphobic bullies with whom you oddly sympathize. Instead the pheromones overpower the revulsion they might feel for being with a girl who used to be a boy. Perhaps this story might be more appealing if Teddi lied about being Teddy's hot cousin. If that were the case pheromones would be unnecessary since they would want to date Teddi based on looks alone, but then there would be an outcry that this was perpetuating a myth that transgenders like to seduce people without letting them know the truth.

While I find this storyline very thought provoking and interesting I get tired of all the applications of human laws and morality to magical creatures.

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Gotoh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:06 pm

brasca wrote:Everyone that Teddi has been auditioning got a hand job and the top tier got a blow job. I don't think anyone of them complained.
How can they, if none of them realize they're being affected by supernatural powers?
basca wrote:In fact the only way Teddi may feel any kind of sexual gratification is when it's time to test the front runner.
Teddy has already gotten gratification from it. The last panel in this update is proof enough. It's also the reason he told Pandora that it was hard for him to keep his legs closed on most of his dates, because of how sensitive his body has become to sexual stimulation.
brasca wrote:And I doubt that Teddi will feel all that great about losing virginity to the alpha of all alpha males. However, the champion will certainly not complain when the deed is done.
At the rate Teddy's going, he probably will. He's already told Pandora that it's been a liberating experience for him and said he wishes Abby could go through the same thing.

And the so-called'champion' is potentially a deadman walking and doesn't know it, 'cuz Teddy's secretly preparing to sacrifice the winner to Chloe. It's no different than fattening someone up for a cannibal.
brasca wrote:was there ever a time that Chloe told him that she had the ability to make men and women fall for her with just one whiff?
If he has any inkling of what a succubus is, he shouldn't have to, unless he's looking for clarification.
brasca wrote:You may also criticize Teddi for potentially leading a boy into a lion's den, but Teddi is choosing the best of the best in hopes that they will survive.
...except his plan has one glaring flaw: how are any of them supposed to survive, if she kills them with a simple kiss? Which is something Teddy can't do, because he isn't a true succubus. So being able to survive having sex with him won't mean jack, 'cuz it isn't preparing them for the real thing.
brasca wrote:While I find this storyline very thought provoking and interesting I get tired of all the applications of human laws and morality to magical creatures.
Which you just did in the preceding paragraph, where you equated Teddy's situation to being transgender, to try to justify what he's doing. Such as:
brasca wrote:Without that power Teddi would likely be the victim of transphobic bullies with whom you oddly sympathize. Instead the pheromones overpower the revulsion they might feel for being with a girl who used to be a boy.
So from your point of view, that makes it okay, right? :-\

Varanus
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Varanus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Gotoh wrote:...except his plan has one glaring flaw: how are any of them supposed to survive, if she kills them with a simple kiss? Which is something Teddy can't do, because he isn't a true succubus. So being able to survive having sex with him won't mean jack, 'cuz it isn't preparing them for the real thing.
While I agree with most of your points, on this one I have to note that draining hasn't been addressed as the main problem by anyone regarding Chloe losing her virginity. Rather it is the physical danger from her being in a sex frenzy that has been repeatedly emphasized. Chloe's long had control over the risk of killing men with a simple kiss. And according to succubi stories (as Pandora related) there have been very "manly" human men who can survive the sex frenzy.

The one counter bit of evidence is that Chloe apparently lost control and drained Teddy to near-death while making out with him, but that appears to have been because he tastes so good to her compared to other men. Presumably if she did have sex with another guy then she wouldn't unintentionally drain his soul/life.

User avatar
edisnooM
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by edisnooM » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:42 pm

@Brasca

One of the biggest problems here though is the pheromones, they are not simply "making Teddy attractive", they are apparently overwriting peoples wills making them completely subservient to Teddy. This is mind control. They apparently don't have the ability to complain, or consent, or seemingly express any opinion regarding the activities except complete enthusiasm.

Look at Daisy, she went from having a boyfriend and being apparently uninterested in girls, to being completely Teddy-sexual, only willing to date a boy if Teddy willed it, and only then if she could still date Teddy as well.

So I don't know that even if Teddy explained in great and graphic detail all the potential dangers Chloe posed, that any of the test subjects would or could say no.

And Teddy may not yet know what is happening, but as I've said before I don't know that makes it much better. If someone doesn't know they're raping someone it doesn't seem much better, at least from the victims perspective. Also, and I think this should be stressed, sexual assault does not necessarily require the perpetrator to receive "gratification" from it.

As far as applying human morality, we are all (to the best of my knowledge) human, so I don't think viewing the narrative from that perspective is completely outrageous. Not to mention that Teddy is still sort of human, and all his victims thus far are as well.

But beyond that I don't think it's too crazy to say that mind control or rape is probably frowned upon by most in this universe except for the denizens of hell. To my knowledge any time mind control has popped up in this -verse it seems like it's generally "bad" and something people are trying to stop. Removing someones free will is a pretty insidious thing.

I'm also curious what happens to the afflicted after all this, do they remember what happened? Although wiping their memory is also pretty bad, It might be kinder to them if they did forget.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2990
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by brasca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:32 am

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:While I find this storyline very thought provoking and interesting I get tired of all the applications of human laws and morality to magical creatures.
Which you just did in the preceding paragraph, where you equated Teddy's situation to being transgender, to try to justify what he's doing. Such as:
brasca wrote:Without that power Teddi would likely be the victim of transphobic bullies with whom you oddly sympathize. Instead the pheromones overpower the revulsion they might feel for being with a girl who used to be a boy.
So from your point of view, that makes it okay, right? :-\
Most people enjoy bullies getting their comeuppance, but then again Faith is your favorite character so we know what side you favor.

Gotoh and EdisnooM you both make convincing arguments, but you don't really have anything solid and for that matter neither do I. This all based on speculation, but you choose to view Teddi as being terrible and I do not. And the reason I do not is that if everything you say was true then this would be some really dark territory to be getting into for a light hearted webcomic. If Teddi realized that he was somehow using pheromones as roofies the guilt would be too much so I choose to believe that there is a good explanation we will get soon enough.

Post Reply