Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Gotoh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:30 am

brasca wrote:Most people enjoy bullies getting their comeuppance
Potentially setting someone up to be killed for bullying isn't what I'd call comeuppance. That's disproportionate retribution.
brasca wrote:but then again Faith is your favorite character so we know what side you favor. .
Since when is Faith a bully? :-\

If you're referring to the hazing incident, that was ages ago (all the way back in Vol.1). Otherwise, she was repeatedly shown to be a (flawed) heroine.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2729
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Fluffy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Gotoh wrote:And the so-called'champion' is potentially a deadman walking and doesn't know it, 'cuz Teddy's secretly preparing to sacrifice the winner to Chloe. It's no different than fattening someone up for a cannibal.
Here's a fun thought. What if Teddy goes through all this trouble to find Chloe the perfect 'boyfriend'; only to have Chloe refuse his choice? Yeah, she's a succubus; but what are the chances that she could be selective in her meals? Or, Hell - what if the guy has fallen so hard for Teddy that he has no interest in being with Chloe/having a threeway relationship?

Teddy is giving none of this any thought, whatsoever - and it would serve him right to set someone up to be his fall guy; only to have Chloe be offended that he'd think she'd bone some random guy of his personal choosing (or vice versa when it comes to the would be victim).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
edisnooM
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by edisnooM » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:39 am

brasca wrote: Most people enjoy bullies getting their comeuppance, but then again Faith is your favorite character so we know what side you favor.

Gotoh and EdisnooM you both make convincing arguments, but you don't really have anything solid and for that matter neither do I. This all based on speculation, but you choose to view Teddi as being terrible and I do not. And the reason I do not is that if everything you say was true then this would be some really dark territory to be getting into for a light hearted webcomic. If Teddi realized that he was somehow using pheromones as roofies the guilt would be too much so I choose to believe that there is a good explanation we will get soon enough.
Comeuppance is one thing, but what's happening to the bullies here seems far and beyond an equal response.

I agree that we do not yet have all the details, but I think we do have enough information provided to draw some fairly solid conclusions.

First when we see both the jocks and Daisy's crew affected by the pheromones the reaction is the same, complete hostility to utter infatuation. Now at that point yes we could say it was just attraction, though I would argue that even forcing someone to become sexually attracted to someone is entering creepy territory.

But after that we have Gabby's take, that she knew what was happening but was unable to stop. She was able to flee after Naomi arrived, but it certainly seems that in the throes of passion she was unable to control her actions. This is reinforced with how we see Daisy (and in the latest strip her crew) act, completely submissive to Teddy willing to follow his every command. And we are also shown that when Teddy "pours on the charm" Daisy is willing to physically harm herself.

I agree that yes this would be getting into some pretty dark territory, but honestly I don't know how else to see it. The latest strip shows he has apparently already gone "all the way" with at least four girls, and I don't think it can be argued that any of them were in their right minds and able to consent. In Canada anyway I think that would be sufficient to classify as rape. Then there's all the people he's been "testing" that were likely under the same influence.

That's why I was really hoping that Teddy was going all eeevil from the transformation, so there would be some explanation for all this. As it stands now I really don't know how he can come back from this and still be the "good guy".

And this comic verse has already gone to some pretty dark places. Chloe pretty much took over the whole school and was apparently ready to murder Ash. Layla's mind and body were taken over by a vampire queen, who planned to sacrifice Kade. Various people being gender swapped against their wills. The MC stretch comic had one of the Helrune's selling the other into a sultan's harem, and she then came back and fully tried to murder the other with a machine gun. And then there's the whole creepiness of Kade and Dio with Ace's alter ego.

Varanus
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Varanus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:29 am

While I agree to it being sketchy, at the same time it may be a stretch to try to apply real world laws to the effects of magical pheromones. To my knowledge no real drug has effects anything like this, they may put the victim in a state where they lack the awareness to refuse sex, but they don't make the victim consciously seek it out and argue for it. To those in this comic it feels real, and thus even if they could be convinced it was the result of a pheromone they may still not see it as rape, and if the effects can be reversed they may look back on the whole thing as a odd experimental phase or something like that.

User avatar
edisnooM
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by edisnooM » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 am

I agree the magical aspect is of course different than what would (hopefully) be encountered in the real world, but I think it is close enough to a real life situation to be somewhat analogous. Not to mention that as far as I know any other time something comparable has happened in this universe it's generally seen as "bad" and something the "good guys" are trying to stop.

Personally I think the magical nature could make it even worse for the victims if they remember what happened and realize that they didn't want it, even if they told someone it is unlikely there would be any evidence to be found and no proof of their story. This isn't EC or MC where there are in theory people in authority who would understand what happened.

And even if at the end of all this the victims aren't emotionally scarred, if Teddy walks away whistling like nothing happened I'd personally be pretty unhappy.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2729
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Fluffy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:40 am

Varanus wrote:While I agree to it being sketchy, at the same time it may be a stretch to try to apply real world laws to the effects of magical pheromones. To my knowledge no real drug has effects anything like this, they may put the victim in a state where they lack the awareness to refuse sex, but they don't make the victim consciously seek it out and argue for it. To those in this comic it feels real, and thus even if they could be convinced it was the result of a pheromone they may still not see it as rape, and if the effects can be reversed they may look back on the whole thing as a odd experimental phase or something like that.
The victims may not know that they're under some magical influence - but Teddy does; his little experiments confirmed his suspicions.

However, instead of being the better man and not take advantage of people who he clearly knows aren't in their right minds; Teddy is actively using them for his own benefit.

1) using the guys to find the perfect victim to take his place when Chloe punches her V-card. Sure, he says he's doing it for Chloe - but he's doing it just as much for himself because he doesn't want to be slaughtered.

2) And the girls? Well, he has no reason for what he's doing with them other than taking advantage of the situation by using the excuse of taking responsibility' for something he wasn't responsible for in the first place (he never asked to be injected with succubus blood and has no control over how that blood affects his new body).

Funny, that - taking responsibility for something he had no say in; but not taking responsibility for his pact he made with a succubus - seeking out a victim who he can trick into taking his place.

I'm seriously hoping that, when Chloe finds out what he's been doing (as I don't think she's aware of Teddy's little stunts), that she rejects Teddy's choice and is offended that he'd think she'd sleep with just anyone he presents to her because of what she is (much like how Kimmy was offended when Teddy said she should be a male when attempting to seduce Chloe because Teddy felt Chloe wanted the D more than womanly curves).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Varanus
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Varanus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:50 am

While I agree to some extent in spirit Fluffy, it does feel like your memory of some of the events you reference may be off a bit (though unfortunately I can't figure out how to find the strips without going through them one by one backwards so I can't confirm my memory isn't off as well).

1. Actually, as I recall he outright says at one point that he feels it should be him Chloe has sex with, even if it kills him. It seems more that Chloe doesn't want that that motivates him. Basically his whole motivation in this is to find a way to save Chloe without anyone dying, its his methods that have been highly questionable.

2. Its a bit ambiguous to say he is intentionally taking advantage, everything we're shown is him foolishly believing that if they vent their lust then they'll be cured. That he thinks this is the only viable solution is the really questionable part and further suggests he may not be in his right mind either.

3. My complaint about Chloe's part in this plan was similar, until I was reminded that Teddy did indeed tell her that he planned to find a boyfriend for her to save her life. Chloe certainly didn't seem offended by this, though she didn't verbally condone it either.

4. It wasn't that Teddy felt Kimmy should be male, everything he's been told/seen is that Chloe's partner MUST be male or its not going to work. If succubi could get rid of their virginity problem by doing it with women then a lot of this would be simpler. Kimmy was the one who to me came across as unreasonable when she didn't even address this fact.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 2729
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Fluffy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm

1) Even though Teddy thinks it should be him to die (as he is the one who made the pact, in the first place); he's still actively seeking a guy to take his place because he doesn't want to take personal responsibility for his own actions. There's no getting around that blatant fact.

2) That would be a reasonable way to look at it - if it was just one girl throwing herself at him. But he's got four - the other three acting the same way Daisy had (i.e - completely enthralled and not satisfied with a single romp in the hay). Teddy should have come to the conclusion after he second time that having sex with them wasn't going to solve things. So, he's either an idiot or willfully blind to that fact that fucking these girls is solving absolutely nothing.

3) Yes, Teddy said he'd help her find a boyfriend; but he never said how he was going to do that and Chloe seemingly hasn't a clue how he's going about doing it, either. And it still doesn't negate the fact that, no matter who the guy is, the chances of him facing a particularly brutal death are high.

4) You can't blame Kimmy for being confused. She knows that humans would technically die when making love to a virgin succubus; but she thinks Chloe just needs sex while Teddy is convinced she specifically needs a male to punch her V card, but fails to tell Kimmy that - he simply expects Kimmy to change her gender on command, completely disregarding the fact that Kimmy is a non binary entity and doesn't switch genders on command (like flipping a light switch). Who wouldn't be offended by that?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Varanus
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Varanus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Who wouldn't be offended? Someone who understood that Teddy is trying to save someone's life and thus can't be expected to have perfect tact, let alone take into account the intricacies of Kimmy's transformations (which indeed have appeared in the past to operate like a light switch as all it took was Chloe's presence to bring out the male in her and she had to mentally coax herself into changing back) that she hasn't really explained to him. Further he outright tells Kimmy that a woman is not what Chloe needs, but she seems to ignore that (though perhaps she was going to explain a bit more but got interrupted) and things spiral out of control from there.

And about Teddy being an idiot being one of the only explanations regarding how he is going about finding a guy for Chloe that puts him in a remotely "good" light, on that we agree. He's either had his mind warped by his new succubus aspects or he is incredibly foolish compared to the Teddy we used to know (I'm leaving out that he is actually turning evil as the tone doesn't seem to support that, at most he is being obliviously evil).

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27505
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-06-17 Making Things Way Worse

Post by Don Alexander » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:03 pm

bejammin2000 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:07 am
Please. It has a lesbian succubi seducing innocent young women.

IT DOES NOT GET RATED! NO THEATRE RELEASE FOR YOU!
YES, IT GOES STRAIGHT TO WEBCOMIC!!!

Also, that last panel. Mmm-hmm.

Though I'm happy Teddi landed well. That's a tile floor, with nothing but a thin towel inbetween.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Post Reply