Dangerously Chloe 1-06-17 Undress Me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-06-17 Undress Me

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
edisnooM wrote:So this does sort of imply that Teddy is aware of the pheromones, and given the calm way that he's talking about it doesn't appear to be surprised, so it doesn't seem like something he just found out about. So if that is the case and he has being knowingly using the pheromones this whole time, it just further deepens my villain inkling.
The calmness looks to me like a bleak realisation kicking in; I think that he has only just realised, and he's not proud of it. How he goes from there to the lesbian sex that's been strongly implied remains to be seen.

And sure, he might have confirmed this by a quicker process. But he hasn't done anything too consciously skeevy (yet), and this girl did try to beat him up, so he won't feel obliged to be too considerate to her.
Right, the last two panels seems to be where he fully realizes what's going on.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Personally I'm reading Teddy's calmness more as cold indifference, and he honestly doesn't seem that broken up about Daisy's predicament.

If the last few strips were meant to indicate realization on Teddy's part though that raises a few more questions for me.

If this was meant to be Teddy "testing" Daisy it seems quite excessive, physically assaulting her (albeit not effectively but still), forcibly kissing and dragging her to the shower, then subjecting her to servitude. Honestly it seems more like something I could see Pandora doing.

It seems like prior evidence would have been sufficient to avoid using such extremes: going from being angry and beating him up to kissing him in the alley, fighting the bullies off, then offering a free punch and hinting at sexual favours instead, that all seems like a lot of evidence of an altered personality on it's own.

And if the gears and lightbulb were meant to indicate Teddy figuring out about the pheromones to me that seems like quite a leap to suddenly arrive at, so if it is the case that would incline me to believe he already knew or suspected something with the boys and was just realizing the effect they had on girls.

At any rate, now he definitely knows he is influencing people, and we still have the looming "feeding" with someone on the horizon so I don't see this ending particularly cleanly.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Personally I'm reading Teddy's calmness more as cold indifference, and he honestly doesn't seem that broken up about Daisy's predicament.
I don't see that, especially since the moment he "sighs" is when he knows for sure what's going on.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cortez: I'm pretty sure edisnooM is referring to how Teddy basically just used her as a bath attendant. Not to mention, not batting an eye at stealing her boyfriend. It does make him seem apathetic towards her.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I thought he was talking about Teddy using his pheromones. Using Daisy as a bath attendant did seem to be for the sake testing if it was the case. To see if that was why she changed.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:I thought he was talking about Teddy using his pheromones.
That too, but he also said:
edisnooM wrote:If this was meant to be Teddy "testing" Daisy, it seems quite excessive, physically assaulting her (albeit not effectively, but still), forcibly kissing and dragging her into the shower, then subjecting her to servitude.
...on that note, I'd have to agree. It should already be apparent to him that her attitude towards him has changed, given she already made out with him in the alley mere seconds after beating him up. Then she came to his defense in the girlsroom and offered him a free punch to make things square between them.

That's a complete 180º from before. What more did he need? :-\

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Edit: Don't know how I missed @Gotoh's post when replying, but pretty much entireley ninja'd. :)

It's a little from column a, and a little from column b.

As I said if this was strictly for testing purposes the whole shebang seems a tad excessive and uncaring (dare I say Succubus-ish). But as for the sigh I read that more as a sort of weariness (which goes along with the tired, bored expression), more that it's an annoyance for Teddy, than out of concern for Daisy's well being.

Actually the speech in the last panels could easily be read as a polite villain. And it's also what makes me think that Teddy has some prior knowledge of what is going on with Daisy, since he seems to speaking with certainty about what's happening.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Varanus wrote:
Cortez wrote:He's scouting all of the jocks, not just her boyfriend.
I realize that, but the Teddy we used to know I don't think would have knowingly broken up other's relationships.
Well that all depends on how culpable Teddi is. Teddi may have just called up all the alpha males he could think of regardless of whether they already had girlfriends. Now they could have turned Teddi down if they truly cared about their relationship, but they didn't. Teddi probably assumed this was due to them being shallow and not the pheromones, but now that realization may be setting in. This may be ethically questionable, but it seems like all the people Teddi has dated were bullies and saving Chloe's life is the primary motivation so this revelation may not change any of Teddi's behavior if the end justifies the means.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:This may be ethically questionable
It's outright duplicitous. Even if he isn't aware of the pheromones he's emitting, he at least knows that he's leading these guys on and that he's setting them up to possibly be torn to shreds.
brasca wrote:but it seems like all the people Teddi has dated were bullies and saving Chloe's life is the primary motivation so this revelation may not change any of Teddi's behavior if the end justifies the means.
I doubt every single one of them bullied him. But even if that were the case, it still wouldn't justify what he's planning to do. Teddy hasn't even told Chloe yet, so she and those guys he's busy lining up for her have no idea what he has in store for them.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Chloe's perspective in all this is something I am especially curious about and find it especially jarring that we have gotten nothing on it. Chloe knows she is dying (or at least she should know), yet she seems to just be laying around the house and waiting for it to happen. Are we supposed to think she is suicidal? Has she not come up with any plan of her own to at least try to survive?

All we've heard from her about it was back when Pandora explained to Abbey that being abstinent is a death sentence for succubi, then asked Chloe what she is going to do about her situation, and Chloe basically said she thought she still had a few months before things got bad.

I mean it would be pretty noble of her if she's decided that if she can't have sex safely with Teddy then she'll just not have sex with anyone, even if it kills her, but it'd be nice to have heard her say something about it. She's been such a bystander in all this and its rather annoying, almost as annoying as Teddy's seeming change in character.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:Chloe's perspective in all this is something I am especially curious about and find it especially jarring that we have gotten nothing on it.
That, and Teddy's basically pimping her out. He's prepping those jocks in the hope they'll be able to bang her, and in the hopes that she'll go along with it because of the circumstances. The more I think about it, the more it seems that Teddy really hasn't thought any of this through.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:This may be ethically questionable
It's outright duplicitous. Even if he isn't aware of the pheromones he's emitting, he at least knows that he's leading these guys on and that he's setting them up to possibly be torn to shreds.
If Teddi finds the winner and they survive the contest I seriously doubt they will complain. Teddi may even warn him that Chloe is into rough sex and it won't be a deterrent.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:but it seems like all the people Teddi has dated were bullies and saving Chloe's life is the primary motivation so this revelation may not change any of Teddi's behavior if the end justifies the means.
I doubt every single one of them bullied him. But even if that were the case, it still wouldn't justify what he's planning to do. Teddy hasn't even told Chloe yet, so she and those guys he's busy lining up for her have no idea what he has in store for them.
Maybe not, but the winner probably was and it's not like any of these boys good or bad left empty handed so to speak. They all got hand jobs and the best of the bunch got oral sex so I seriously doubt anyone of them would be devastated to know Teddi was trying to find the best of the best to have sex with Teddi's hot virgin cousin. And as for Chloe she's been moping about ever since she attacked Teddi. Should Teddi do nothing until it's too late?
Gotoh wrote:
Varanus wrote:Chloe's perspective in all this is something I am especially curious about and find it especially jarring that we have gotten nothing on it.
That, and Teddy's basically pimping her out. He's prepping those jocks in the hope they'll be able to bang her, and in the hopes that she'll go along with it because of the circumstances. The more I think about it, the more it seems that Teddy really hasn't thought any of this through.
So Teddi is damned for taking action to save Chloe's life and damned for not consulting her. At least Teddi is doing something instead of just waiting around for Chloe to snap out of it and do something herself or tell Teddi what she needs.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:If Teddi finds the winner and they survive the contest I seriously doubt they will complain.
Except we're not talking about a contest, we're talking about people's lives.
brasca wrote:Teddi may even warn him that Chloe is into rough sex
Evisceration =/= "rough sex".
brasca wrote:They all got hand jobs and the best of the bunch got oral sex so I seriously doubt anyone of them would be devastated to know Teddi was trying to find the best of the best to have sex with Teddi's hot virgin cousin.
...including when they find out that his hot virgin cousin might kill them? And how are they supposed to have sex with her, if they die before they get the chance (a fact which you and Teddy seem to have forgotten)? :-\

We also saw it happen during the "Kissing Both" incident, where Chloe was draining the customers' souls just by pecking them on the lips. Which is why Layla took Chloe off the booth and had Mel takeover.
brasca wrote:And as for Chloe she's been moping about ever since she attacked Teddi. Should Teddi do nothing until it's too late?
It's her life, not his. If that's her decision, he does not have the right to decide for her, especially without her knowledge or consent. The same applies to those guys he's been dating.
brasca wrote:So Teddi is damned for taking action to save Chloe's life and damned for not consulting her.
I didn't say he was damned, I called it duplicitous.

He's leading those guys on by selling them a false bill of goods. They think they're hooking up with him, because he hasn't told any of them what they're really signing up for. And he's expecting Chloe to simply go along with it, without clearing it with her first.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Varanus wrote:
Cortez wrote:He's scouting all of the jocks, not just her boyfriend.
I realize that, but the Teddy we used to know I don't think would have knowingly broken up other's relationships.
Well that all depends on how culpable Teddi is. Teddi may have just called up all the alpha males he could think of regardless of whether they already had girlfriends. Now they could have turned Teddi down if they truly cared about their relationship, but they didn't. Teddi probably assumed this was due to them being shallow and not the pheromones, but now that realization may be setting in. This may be ethically questionable, but it seems like all the people Teddi has dated were bullies and saving Chloe's life is the primary motivation so this revelation may not change any of Teddi's behavior if the end justifies the means.
Right, for all he knew these guys where the type of shallow jerks that would cheat on their girlfriends anyway. It wouldn'tbe until now that he realizes pheromones were involved.
Gotoh wrote:
Except Teddy already told her, he told her he would help her with this. To look for a guy for her:

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ng_forward

Also remember that Chloe needs to sleep with someone to survive because she's a succubus. She probably won't have too much problem with it ethically.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:Right, for all he knew these guys where the type of shallow jerks that would cheat on their girlfriends anyway.
Which is generalizing, since I doubt all of them are.
Cortez wrote:Except Teddy already told her he would help her with this.
Okay, so she knows. That doesn't address the rest of the issue, specifically: the inherent risk that comes with the territory. Besides, he said he'd help her find a boyfriend, not get her laid.

Just like he wished for a girlfriend, not sex.
Cortez wrote:Also remember that Chloe needs to sleep with someone to survive because she's a succubus. She probably won't have too much problem with it ethically.
...except she would have a problem with it. It's the reason she decided to transfer to Tartarus, remember?

Just like she had a problem with it when she thought she killed Teddy, and later told him what would've happened had they made out while he was still a guy.