Dangerously Chloe 27-04-17 It was True Love

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

JoybuzzerX

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-04-17 It was True Love

Post by JoybuzzerX »

renmei wrote:
Varanus wrote:Or her body is tougher than it looks? Have we ever seen Pandora get hurt physically by anything mundane?

But yeah, assuming this isn't just a result of the mind whammy he is currently under, it seems Teddy's father may have been a cheat to begin with and Chloe only caused one such affair. It harkens back to how Teddy said his parents were happier apart.
Maybe the joke isn't that Chloe screws everything up when she attempts to do good, but that her screwing up and ruining Teddy's life is actually a good thing because his life sucked that much before she showed up. He was desperate enough to sell his soul, after all, and his social life is basically nonexistent: no friends and he gets bullied at school. Then again, who knows? It's difficult to take anything seriously in a comic where (almost) anything can and will be used for comedy.
He didn't know he was selling his soul.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Varanus wrote:I think that's pretty different. Teddy took Chloe's revelation in stride because she was sorry, the divorce happened years ago and he saw that his parents were happier apart.

Here he's enraged not simply because Pandora "married" his father (and clearly not out of wanting any loving relationship) but also that she is refusing to explain herself and is instead doing things like make him suckle her breast.

Teddy is a pretty easygoing person but everyone has their limits, and Pandora has been pushing them for a while. He's simply reached a breaking point, though it will likely pass shortly.
exactly! i'm sure once he's had a few years too get used to his new step mom, he'll mellow out and they'll all laugh about this.
Yet still, I live...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Try holy water, Teddy. Or a brick; holy water might sting you a bit, too, just now.
Demons probably don't need to breathe.

renmei

Post by renmei »

JoybuzzerX wrote:He didn't know he was selling his soul.
Already discussed and corrected, if you had only read a few posts after this one before you decided to quote and reply. Thanks though!

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Half expect the next strip to be Pandora standing over a furious tied up and gagged Teddi with a disappointed expression going. "I don't remember raising you to be such a violent boy, Theodore." :))
And the new family gets along about as well as can be expected. Pandora is doing the devil's work, for sure. :P

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Okay, I'm just going to ask the question we've all been wondering: WHY does Pandora Rapture exist exactly? Is it to give Abby a supernatural friend to get into shenanigans with? To remind us that Succubi are not as nice as Chloe is? Abby and Prudence have already proven to be a great pair for each other and we all know that demons are evil. So again why ?Forget demon, I consider her a troll! The last thing we need is someone to just mess with Teddi/Teddy or just cause trouble just for the fun of it. He's got enough on his plate already what with eternal damnation sleeping right down the hall from him. I can honestly say that I would consider it cathartic for Teddi to go full demon and hurt her. Shes just plain annoying to me.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Because people who are not you find her amusing and likeable.
Yet still, I live...

Tython

Post by Tython »

To be fair there are times where I find Pandora annoying as well and also wonder what she is doing in story other then another character for Abby to play off of though I do suppose with Prudence now with Naomi it would make sense to have another character for Abby to play off of, while there are also times I find her funny(mostly when she gets her comeuppance) there are times I find her really creepy such as when she was filming Teddy and Naomi when Naomi was high on Heavenly Energy drinks and was going to post said film on the internet.
Last edited by Tython on Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

'J' wrote:Because people who are not you find her amusing and likeable.
And you think someone mooching of you, marrying your dad after knowing him for an hour and shoving it in your face is amusing and likable?

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

Alexander Collins wrote:Either Pandora is used to being choked or Abby is actually holding her brother/sister back.
While the latter is true, for the former... well... just consider how often she does something choke-worthy.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Alexander Collins wrote:
'J' wrote:Because people who are not you find her amusing and likeable.
And you think someone mooching of you, marrying your dad after knowing him for an hour and shoving it in your face is amusing and likable?
"Everything is funny, as long as it's happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers-
Yet still, I live...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

"Everything is funny, as long as it's happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers-

Changed it to a more accurate

"Everything is funny to someone out there, as long as it's happening to somebody else. Or they enjoy the consequences."

what I call the "jackass Syndrome" ( BTW, I hate anything from Jackass or anything similar to what jackass does, but A LOT OF PEOPLE think what they do is hilarious and have made them rich )
ImageImage