Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Passing Through

Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Post by Passing Through »

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/a-lame-excuse

Yon angel should have thought to say 'be not afraid'. And seeing as she didn't... well it's easy to understand the dread. She met an angel after all.
Last edited by Passing Through on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Post by Cortez »

So she did run because she was scared of Prudence. That she's an angel anyway.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

I'm confused... did this thread go boom?

Let's see... I was surprised that Gabrielle is actually afraid. And I expressed puzzlement over the "neither of us have powers" thing.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

brasca

Post by brasca »

The thread appears to have gone the same place Gabrielle fears.

I also find it odd that Tandy doesn't have any powers after surviving impalement be Cerise I would think she had superhuman regenerative powers.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Yay, sites back on!

And brasca, I imagine she meant powers that can be used against others? Regeneration isn't really something that can be used to hurt someone else.

Meanwhile if someone like Faith, for example, was put under a spell....
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:I also find it odd that Tandy doesn't have any powers after surviving impalement be Cerise I would think she had superhuman regenerative powers.
Things like that are classed as subtle and refined ninja skills. Focussing chi or qi or whatever she might call it. She'd probably insist that any human being with a bit of self-discipline could learn to do the same thing.

It's a BS distinction really, but it's the difference between "Born with the X-gene" and "Went off to an ethnically stereotyped lost city in Nepal and spent ten years contemplating one's navel".

(In the specific case of the regeneration, it probably does mean that she has to remain conscious to activate the effect.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Hyper Magi wrote:Meanwhile if someone like Faith, for example, was put under a spell....
I doubt she'd have anything to woory about, considering the two times anyone's tried it, she shut both of them down quickly and easily.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Those weren't pheromones, especially not demonic pheromones. Whole different ballpark, the effects would be biological.

That's also how Tandy and Gabby figured out it was pheromones that was affecting them and not telepathy.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... her_thrall

Plus Faith does tend to let her guard down around a pretty girl as it is. She only noticed what Layla was after Layla tried to suck her blood.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:Those weren't pheromones, especially not demonic pheromones. Whole different ballpark.
You mean the cause is different, not the effect.

Those girls went from curbstomping Teddi, to wanting to screw him 'cuz they're under his sway.
Cortez wrote:She only noticed what Layla was after Layla tried to suck her blood.
Since you missed the point of those links:
  • Layla tried to mind control her. It didn't work.
  • Cerise invaded her conscious mind, Faith forced her out.
Point being, the odds of anyone being able to sway her, pheromones or otherwise, are pretty slim given what we've seen her resist so far. And that's without accounting for any of the abilities we haven't seen from her yet.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Let's be fair here, Gabrielle - you haven't just been TEASING Naomi...
Insectoid wrote:I'm confused... did this thread go boom?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16982

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
You mean the cause is different, not the effect.
No, it's all different. Like Tandy and Gabby pointed out, it's biological and they figured that out because they have defenses against psychic attacks, but pheromones are different.
Gotoh wrote:
Since you missed the point of those links:

No, it seems you missed the point of the link i posted. Which is that this is different from the examples you posted.

Neither of the link you posted had Faith dealing with a foe with pheromones, so it proves nothing. Unless you have a link showing Faith resisting a succubus.

Since you missed it the first time:

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... her_thrall

Gabby and Tandy both point out it's not Telepathy because they are resistant and because of that, they deduced it was pheromones. So resistance against telepathy doesn't mean jack against pheromones.

So unless Faith is a Mary Sue and she's suddenly immune to everything, the pheromones would likely affect her too. Since it's established resistance against telepathy doesn't protect you from falling victim to pheromones.

Though again, Faith is a sucker for pretty girl, she wouldn't fight her attraction towards Teddi anyway and Teddy wouldn't give her reason to resist since he wouldn't want to hurt her and he doesn't know he has pheromones, so it's moot anyway.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:Neither of the link you posted had Faith dealing with a foe with pheromones

So unless Faith is a Mary Sue and she's suddenly immune to everything, the pheromones would likely affect her too.
Reisting would make her a Sue how, exactly? :-\

She's not only an esper, we've been told twice in-comic (more times than that if we include comments from the editor) that she's an abnormally powerful one with more abilities than anyone can keep track of. It's even been implied that not even Sandi knows what all of them are, and we've been told that Faith's powers are still growing.

That's a stark contrast from Tandy and Gabrielle, who have both said they have none. It's like assuming if something can affect Jimmy Olsen, that it will also affect Clark Kent. Jimmy ain't Clark.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Reisting would make her a Sue how, exactly? :-\
Saying that she's immune to everything makes her a sue. All you showed where examples of her Telepathic resistance, which means nothing when it comes to something biological like pheromones.

Or are you suggesting Toxins also can't affect her either? In any case, there's no evidence that that faith is resistant to any sort of biological agent.

You claiming otherwise is what turns her into a sue. Especially without any evidence. Gabby and Tandy know her enough not to underestimate her, if they think it's safer not to tell her or the others with powers, there probably a valid reason.

Every powerful character has limitsand weaknesses, saying they don't makes them a sue.

And to be clear, i don't think Faith is a Mary Sue, i think your version of Faith is a Mary Sue, since you are implying she's immune to everything, even the biological.
That's a stark contrast from Tandy and Gabrielle, who have both said they have none.
They said they had telepathic resistance, that's hardly none. It also shows that it's not enough when it comes to pheromones.
It's like assuming if something can affect Jimmy Olsen, that it will also affect Clark Kent. Jimmy ain't Clark.
That's a poor example on several levels. First of all, you are selling Gabby and Tandy short, they'd be more comparable to non powered heroes like Batman or Black Panther. Especially since guys like Batman do have certain resistance to telepathy.

Second of all, there are things that affect Kryptonians and Humans the same way or harmful in different ways.

Like how magic affects Superman the same way it would any other human or mortal and Krytptonite is harmful to humans, since it emits radiation. One particular story had Luthor find out he had cancer because of his constant use of Kryptonite in his war against Superman. Even then, Humans can endure kryptonite longer than Superman, who will be in pain instantly.

Superman is also easily susceptible to mind control, while guys like Batman and other non powered humans do have defenses via training.
Last edited by Cortez on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:Saying that she's immune to everything makes her a sue.
Two things wrong here:
  • 1. I never said anything about immunity. I linked to an examples of her resisting mind control, and another where she forced someone out of her conscious mind.
  • 2. That still wouldn't make her a Sue. A Sue is basically a wish fulfillment character (usually, but not always a self-insert of the writer) who's perfect in every way. Faith has long been established as anything but.
Cortez wrote:Or are you suggesting Toxins also can't affect her.
I can't answer that, because it'd depend on too many unknowns. The main ones being: whether it's something she can be affected by, but still resist. Or whether she was the only one in harm's way.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

"Perfect in Everyway", like somehow being able to resist something biological, when previously we've only seen her resist various forms of telepathy.

Pheromones are not telepathy and much like magic with Superman, pheromones likely affect Faith the same way it would anyone else. Maybe more, since Faith has a very active libido. The pheromones would just turn that up further and direct it towards Teddi or whomever is releasing pheromones.

Hell, most these pheromones seem to do is make people infatuated with Teddi, think she's cute and be nice to her. Faith probably wouldn't notice anything different since she probably would think Teddi is a cute girl even without pheromones involved.