Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:"Perfect in Everyway", like somehow being able to resist something biological, when previously we've only seen her resist various forms of telepathy.
So resisting one other thing would suddenly means she's perfect? Despite her character flaws, such as her smugness, snark, or the fact that she's been described as morally grey and hedonistic. :-\
Cortez wrote:Pheromones are not telepathy and much like magic with Superman, pheromones likely affect Faith the same way it would anyone else.
That's a big assumption, considering Layla was once coated in Chloe's pheromones and they had no affect on her whatsoever. Whereas all the boys at CH became mindless Chloe-obsessed zombies.

So if a dose that potent and widespread had no affect on Layla, would it really be hard to believe that Faith might not be affected either?

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

Layla is also the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful vampire queen.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@bejammin2000: It's never been said whether Quintessa had any powers at all, unless you're referring to her sovereignty.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
Cortez wrote:"Perfect in Everyway", like somehow being able to resist something biological, when previously we've only seen her resist various forms of telepathy.
So resisting one other thing would suddenly means she's perfect? Despite her character flaws, such as her smugness, snark, or the fact that she's been described as morally grey and hedonistic. :-\
Cortez wrote:Pheromones are not telepathy and much like magic with Superman, pheromones likely affect Faith the same way it would anyone else.
That's a big assumption, considering Layla was once coated in Chloe's pheromones and they had no affect on her whatsoever. Whereas all the boys at CH became mindless Chloe-obsessed zombies.

So if a dose that potent and widespread had no affect on Layla, would it really be hard to believe that Faith might not be affected either?
They weren't affecting any female, even the bi-curious Brooke, a difference from this case.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

tau neutrino wrote:
They weren't affecting any female, even the bi-curious Brooke, a difference from this case.
Exactly, Teddi's pheromones affect everyone attracted to women in it's regular form and everyone when it's in survival mode.

Gotoh wrote:
So resisting one other thing would suddenly means she's perfect?
Resisting something she wasn't said to be resistant to before? Yeah.

All we've seen is her having a high resistance to telepathy. Which again, doesn't help when it comes to pheromones or anything biological, since it isn't mental or telepathic.
Last edited by Cortez on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:They weren't affecting any female, even the bi-curious Brooke, a difference from this case.
Exactly, Teddi's pheromones affect everyone attracted to one in it's regular form and everyone when it's in survival mode.
...and you determined this how? :-\

'cuz if self-preservation instinct was all it took to trigger that type of effect, then adora's pheromones would've affected everyone at the dance when Chloe attacked her. Yet, nothing happened.

Cortez wrote:Resisting something she wasn't said to be resistant to before? Yeah.
No, that still wouldn't mean she's perfect, 'cuz she'd still have all her character flaws.

Plus, we've been told she has numerous abilities (panel 2,panel 6). So unless you know what all of them are, you're in no position to say what she would or wouldn't be capable of resisting.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
...and you determined this how? :-\
By reading the strip, obviously. The strip isn't that old either.

And like tau pointed out, you are ignoring the differences of the two situations. Teddi's pheromones affect everyone attracted to women, in your example, the only ones affected were men.

No, that still wouldn't mean she's perfect
Considering you're saying she has powers she doesn't have, yes, you are basically saying she's perfect.

If she's not perfect, then you have to admit that she has weakness and her power has limitation.

It's why Superman isn't all powerful and does have several weaknesses even normal humans can exploit.

And again, i don't think actual canon Faith is a perfect Mary Sue, i think your idolized version of Faith is a perfect Mary Sue.

You won't even acknowledge her obvious weakness for pretty girls. Which frankly makes her more likely to fall for someone with pheromones.

And you'very still haven't linked to anything that says explicitly that Faith is somehow immune to pheromones.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:like tau pointed out, you are ignoring the differences of the two situations. Teddi's pheromones affect everyone attracted to women, in your example, the only ones affected were men.
Not true, 'cuz Tandy and Gabrielle pointed out those girls might not have attracted to other girls, beforehand. Which is why they were thankful that they were further away and only got a small dose. So the Layla example is still valid.
Cortez wrote:Considering you're saying she has powers she doesn't have, yes,
No, I raised a point:
  • That she's been noted twice for having more powers than anyone can track of.
Then I asked a question:
  • How do you know whether or not she'd be able to resist the pheromones, without first knowing what all powers are?
The most I've said is she might, given her level of power and that we don't know what all of her abilities are. You're the one claiming with absolute certainty that she can't. So I'm asking again: How do you know?
Cortez wrote:If she's not perfect, then you have to admit that she has weakness and her power has limitation.
Whether or not she's perfect has nothing to do with her power. I can't say what her limits are, because we have yet to see fight to that extent, because she's never been given the chance. The few times she's fought, she either limited herself, or her abilities have been compromised.
Cortez wrote:I think your idolized version of Faith is a perfect Mary Sue.
Even though I've repeatedly acknowledged that she has flaws? :-\
Cortez wrote:You won't even acknowledge her obvious weakness for pretty girls.
Because it isn't necessary. Everyone knows.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote: Not true, 'cuz Tandy and Gabrielle pointed out those girls might not have attracted to other girls, beforehand. Which is why they were thankful that they were further away and only got a small dose. So the Layla example is still valid.
Tandy exact words were "If they weren't bi-curious before, they sure are now". Because obviously she doesn't know what their orientation was before.

Even then, This was Teddi's pheromones going in overdrive as self defense. It's more potent than Teddi's normal level of pheromones. Either way, it's quite different from your Layla example. Especially since there, women weren't affected at all, not even Brook, who is attracted to women.

No, I raised a point:

That she's been noted twice for having more powers than anyone can track of.
Only one of them being valid. I like Sandi, but when it comes to Faith, she isn't exactly unbias. I mean, she probably has "Godly Beauty" as one of her powers in that catalog.

Tiffany is reliable though. Even then, it's not concrete.

How do you know whether or not she'd be able to resist the pheromones, without first knowing what all powers are?
Because if she could, Tandy and Gabby wouldn't think keeping the whole Demon Pact business to themselves would be the best course of action.

They are not dumb and they know Faith, if they thought Faith could resist the pheromones, they'd contact her immediately. Instead, they think it's safer if none of the girls with power get involved. They believe this to be the best course of action.

Even though I've repeatedly acknowledged that she has flaws?
But you don't seem to accept that she might fall prey to pheromones.

You did say we don't know for sure, but that would just mean that if it can affect her or if she's resistant are both just as likely at the moment.

But the question then becomes, why did Gabby and Tandy decide it's safer not to tell her or the others? Again, they know Faith well enough to not underestimate her, yet decided not to risk it.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:Tandy exact words were "If they weren't bi-curious before, they sure are now". Because obviously she doesn't know what their orientation was before.
Exactly. So how can you and tau claim with certainty that Teddi's pheromones target bi-curious girls? Or that they differ from the pheromones Layla was covered with?
Cortez wrote:Either way, it's quite different from your Layla example. Especially since there, women weren't affected at all, not even Brook, who is attracted to women.
The only difference was, Chloe wasn't under attack when she bombed the school with hers.

However, she was under attack when the mob got ahold of her and was trying to pull her through the window. Yet, she didn't release any self-defense pheromones like Teddi did, even though Chloe was scared sh*tless.
Cortez wrote:Only one of them being valid. I like Sandi, but when it comes to Faith, she isn't exactly unbias.
Except we've had repeat confirmation from the editor, so Sandi wasn't just brown nosing.
Cortez wrote:Because if she could, Tandy and Gabby wouldn't think keeping the whole Demon Pact business to themselves would be the best course of action. They are not dumb and they know Faith
But they don't know all of her abilities. No one does, not even her secretary. That was the point being made in the second link. You also have to remember that Tandy doesn't like her. So she'd be reluctant to call on Faith, regardless.
Cortez wrote:But you don't seem to accept that she might fall prey to pheromones.
Faith is prone to her vices. So even if she could, would bother to even try?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Exactly. So how can you and tau claim with certainty that Teddi's pheromones target bi-curious girls? Or that they differ from the pheromones Layla was covered with?
Because the regular level of pheromones did not seem to affect them at all, only after the self defense pheromones were activated by their attack did it seem to affect them.

The only difference was, Chloe wasn't under attack when she bombed the school with hers.

However, she was under attack when the mob got ahold of her and was trying to pull her through the window. Yet, she didn't release any self-defense pheromones like Teddi did, even though Chloe was scared sh*tless.
I'm saying that Teddi's pheromones work differently, that just further proves that.

But they don't know all of her abilities. No one does, not even her secretary. That was the point being made in the second link. You also have to remember that Tandy doesn't like her. So she'd be reluctant to call on Faith, regardless.
A fair point, but it was Gabby that suggested to keep this to themselves. She decided to err on the side of caution, so there has to be a reason for that.

Faith is prone to her vices. So even if she could, would bother to even try?
Yeah, i meantion that before. It's hard to say since Teddi isn't a bad person and Faith would think Teddi was attractive regardless.

nilof

Post by nilof »

Did the comic just 404?

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Hrrm, looks like this page:

... has been taken off the server.

sparky

Post by sparky »

nilof wrote:Did the comic just 404?
Go to the "Latest DC until the server is all fixed up" thread in the forum. There's actually quite a lot that has been happening.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

I've updated the OP with a working link.