Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

pbarnrob

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse- RSS!?

Post by pbarnrob »

Has anyone commented on the lack of RSS updates?
Or has PixieTrix gone the way of GoComics and dropped RSS (Maaaaybe to collect more clicks?)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-03-17 A Lame Excuse

Post by Don Alexander »

*sigh*

You know, in all these Gotoh vs. Cortez battles, I keep having the feeling (beyond that both sides at times like to extrapolate the others arguments to extremes...) that the simplest explanation may just be continuity, and a lack of deep planning on the side of the writers. Perhaps when the whole Teddy gets beaten up scene came along, they had this idea of defensive phermones, nad, you know, didn't really think: "Waaaiiit. We had roughly similar things happening years ago [real-time] and we didn't think of defensive phermones back then!"

Additionally, Teddy as he is now is a weird mix of human, succubus, and reaper, so all bets are off anyway. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

yeah, i think what's happening is that teddy was originally envisioned as the stereotypical bullied & beleaguered nerd, which meant routine beatings from the stereotypical jocks. but then later on, they decided they wanted teddy to be shocked at how much more viscous the mean-girls were. but the problem there is that once a character is already getting frequent asskickings, there's not really much farther you can take it, unless you want to get really dark. so the solution was to retroactively downgrade the original bullying; make it more or a roughing up than a beating, more a humiliation than an actual injury. then teddy can just be kinda childishly nieve about how bad things can actually get for him, which makes the whole thing much nastier.

as to what's happening between gotoh & cortez, well...

also, what's with all the mod-spam today?

Double post merged. The DAMNed
Yet still, I live...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

'J' wrote:as to what's happening between gotoh & cortez, well...
Not even remotely. The whole thing in a nutshell. /:)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

'J' wrote:shocked at how much more viscous the mean-girls were.
Yeah, the friction was just incredible. :P
'J' wrote:also, what's with all the mod-spam today?
Well, for one, I like to make at least one post in every thread. On the other hand, I've been hella busy lately cooking up all my horrorscopes, ya know, so I haven't really read the forum in like two months, except for General Discussion. This Sunday I decided I need to finally catch up, at least with most of it...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)