Dangerously Chloe 20-03-17 Under Her Thrall

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 20-03-17 Under Her Thrall

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Callista is more of an individual than Sandi, but she willingly subordinates herself to Faith so I think lackey is an appropriate term.
The only two who fit the description are Sandi and Laura (whom the cast page states is Cess' "hapless sidekick"). Sandi was practically glued to Faith's hip and at her beck and call.

Whereas Callista was often shown to be an individual, be at the archery range, or while she was dating Cerise. We hardly ever saw her and Faith together, which I found odd since they're said to be bffs.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

So this strip brought to mind three things:

1.) Gabby and Tandy seem to be somewhat knowledgeable about demonic pacts etc., so I'm curious if they might know or be able to find a way to break out of one, possibly with the actual intent of stopping the current goings on, especially if they think the current situation was the deal.

2.) With them now investigating the cause of the current effects (and most likely a countermeasure), I wonder if their investigation or whatever they come up with will have a possible side effect of undoing the transformation.

And 3.) I went back to refresh my memory and Chloe said that in order to wiggle out of the pact the girl needed to feel the connection in her heart, and I'm wondering if any of this possibly fits the bill, or if the artificial nature rules it out.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

1) Maybe, but I'm sure their area of expertise is breaking pact-makers, not pacts.
2) Not impossible, I'm sure there's some narrative gymnastics that can lead to that goal.
3) Which raises a question; so long as Teddy only has eyes for Chloe, can the pact be even be broken (like that).

Quote removed. The DAMNed

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Yeah number 3 was one reason Gabby and Tandy possibly coming up with a third way out occurred to me as a potential loop hole. Though, if those currently under the influence did qualify would all Teddy have to do is ask "Will you be my girlfriend?" Chloe never specified Teddy had to have a connection, and it would "technically" be true.

For that matter, given the innately tricky legalese nature of "deals with the devil" in most stories, would simply having a friend who is a girl also qualify? It would be kind of funny if all this time they were completely overthinking the way out.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Though they don't know what Teddy asked for in the pack. Not yet.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

brasca wrote:Callista.
Gimme.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Insectoid wrote:@Cortez: Well, she already had an opportunity to...

mmmmmmmm

I think we got the jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the guys might have "slapped him and maybe use towels on him as slings" and they see it as "pounding him" but if Teddi sees what the 4 girls did to him as "first time someone hit me" and not think about this slap...............................? that could explain it the difference of opinions about whether the guys were lying or not??
ImageImage

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

The girls were punching and kicking him though. It also did kick in his defensive pheromones.

Plus Teddy's exact words were that "the boys never hit me".

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cortez: Which we know to be incorrect, because according to Dave01, they did hit him (but not in the face).

brasca

Post by brasca »

Yes it would seem that the boys operate under the same rules of Anchormen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsPgNEmAXI

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:@Cortez: Which we know to be incorrect, because according to Dave01, they did hit him (but not in the face).

That would still prove you wrong when you claimed the boys were worse. Even Dave said the girls went further than the guys.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cortez: I never said the boys were worse, I said they must've hit him, otherwise, that jock was misusing the word "pounding".

On that note, I'm curious what Teddi considers "hitting" since he claims they never did. Yet, we have confirmation to the contrary.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:You did actually.
Look at what I wrote again.

Teddi (not me) said he had taken worse from other bullies. Then said he had never been hit before, despite what he said previously and despite those jocks plainly saying they pounded him. Which is why I said their statements were contradictory.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, this again... 8-|

Anyway, I'd say these girls need to mosey over to DoesNotPlayWellWithOthers and have themselves some sexbots built. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)