Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby brasca » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 am

Considering what Gabrielle is capable of she's actually taken it easy on Naomi. Even with a divine weapon Naomi was no match for her.

Yes she constantly irritates her, but she's never gone so far as to twist her arm behind her back until she say oncle.
User avatar
brasca
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Cortez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:28 am

No she isn't. And bullying is not only physical.

After all, far too many folk were driven to suicide over emotional and verbal bullying.

Just because it's a different form of bullying, doesn't make it "less bad".

Plus Gabby doesn't seem like the wet willy type anyway.
User avatar
Cortez
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Storm-forge mystique » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:49 am

Remember, we know that the siren who flirted with Dusty has a body count. Dave has said that vampires have "accidents." We know Hell-trained succubi kill routinely. We still haven't seen that ratboy Chloe "ate."
User avatar
Storm-forge mystique
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Gotoh » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:45 am

Cortez wrote:Teddy straight up says that the boys never hit him. This strip came out not very long ago, surely you can't have forgotten about it already.


Unles "pounding" has a different meaning these days, you definitely don't do it gently.

Cortez wrote:IAnd are you finally admitting that Gabby likes bullying Naomi?


We've already gone over this: sitcom sibling antics. Yet, you're still treating a comical situation seriously.

Storm-forge mystique wrote:Remember, we know that the siren who flirted with Dusky has a body count.


Sure, but we don't know how many of the drowning victims Marine was actually responsible for. Tiff never specified and she didn't ask. It could've been the work of more than one siren, and it's possible that some of the drownings had nothing to do with her. Swimming accidents aren't unheard of.

I never assume anything simply because Tiffany does, because in most cases, her assumptions are exactly that. And not surprisingly, she's usually wrong.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby wiseguy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 am

sad thing about "sitcoms" is not how the "show itself" is viewed. Is that many people will see what happens in those sitcoms as "examples and guides" of how to behave. Just like Gary was using porn as a guide on how to "eventually" treat women before Zii straightened him about the facts of porn. many people think they should be like the Sheen character in 2 and the half men, or like Al Bundy.
ImageImage
User avatar
wiseguy
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby FuzzyFace » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:39 am

Gotoh wrote:
Cortez wrote:Teddy straight up says that the boys never hit him. This strip came out not very long ago, surely you can't have forgotten about it already.


Unles "pounding" has a different meaning these days, you definitely don't do it gently.


And yet, according to Teddy, they had never hit him. So either these bullies thought that they were hitting Teddy (but actually kept missing), or "pounding" doesn't mean "hit" in this context. It could well include the stuffing-Teddy-in-a-locker "prank", for example.
FuzzyFace
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby brasca » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Cortez wrote:No she isn't. And bullying is not only physical.

After all, far too many folk were driven to suicide over emotional and verbal bullying.

Just because it's a different form of bullying, doesn't make it "less bad".

Plus Gabby doesn't seem like the wet willy type anyway.


At worst Gabrielle is just like Abby kicking her sibling antagonism up a notch.
User avatar
brasca
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Gotoh » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:20 pm

FuzzyFace wrote:And yet, according to Teddy, they had never hit him. So either these bullies thought that they were hitting Teddy (but actually kept missing), or "pounding" doesn't mean "hit" in this context. It could well include the stuffing-Teddy-in-a-locker "prank", for example.


You don't pound someone by shoving them, that's two different things. Pounding usually means hitting. The jock says they pounded him, Teddy says they didn't. So either that jock doesn't know the meaning of the word, or one of 'em is lying, 'cuz their statements contradict each other.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby wiseguy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 pm

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.c ... sh/pound_2

notice the "pounding the floor while chasing him"

we also got the "he was pounding her last night to her satisfaction with his huge member"

you have decided to narrow the meaning of pound to the thing you feel it can be "the only meaning", you basically "Pounding the word to just one specific meaning" ;)
ImageImage
User avatar
wiseguy
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Gotoh » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 pm

@wiseguy: First: the jock said they pounded Teddi, not the floor.

Second: look at the first definition you linked to and the one immediately under it. That's the most common usage of the the word. To try to make it anything else is reaching, especially in the context that the jock used it.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Cortez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Regardless, you can't ignore that Teddy himself stated that the boys never hit him.

Unless you are saying the girls hit him so hard that they made him forget about it, though that would still prove their beat down is far worse than anything the boys did.

We've already gone over this: sitcom sibling antics. Yet, you're still treating a comical situation seriously.


Nah, that's just your poor excuse. Especially since no siblings act this way. Plus you know, Gabby isn't her sister. Not that this shot would be OK if they were, because it isn't. You realize that people have been arrested for abusing their siblings in real life, right?

And it is serious. You're the one that is trying to make light of bullying and it's victims.
Last edited by Cortez on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cortez
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby wiseguy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 pm

the problem is not what is implied what they said "in itself" (without having Teddi's statement )

it is that we got Teddi's statement which leads to only conclusions that either the "pounding the jocks said" IS NOT what is usually envisioned or poor Teddi had such a huge concussion that he forgot he was brutally hit physically ( unlikely )

2 COMPLETELY conflicting perspectives can't be true

we can get relative perspectives like a guy from Anchorage would say Denver is hot during December while the guy from Arizona would say Denver is real cold that same day of December.
ImageImage
User avatar
wiseguy
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Cortez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:15 pm

In any case, as the victim in both scenarios, i'm thinking he'd.

He has no reason to lie about that, especially since him mentioning that the boys never hit him was inner monolog. There would not be any point for him to lie about that.

In any case, they didn't seem to go as far as the girls did.

brasca wrote:[

At worst Gabrielle is just like Abby kicking her sibling antagonism up a notch.


Not at all, since Abbey hasn't hurt Teddy and her intent isn't to abuse him psychologically.

More importantly, she's shown to care for her brother and she's a child, Gabby is young woman, she's supposed to know better.

So that excuse doesn't work.
User avatar
Cortez
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby FuzzyFace » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Gotoh wrote:You don't pound someone by shoving them, that's two different things. Pounding usually means hitting. The jock says they pounded him, Teddy says they didn't. So either that jock doesn't know the meaning of the word, or one of 'em is lying, 'cuz their statements contradict each other.


Or that jock means something completely different from what you do, and since he was there, I trust he knows what he did. Without Teddi's thoughts telling us that the boys had never hit him, your argument would be reasonable. With it, though, your conclusion is impossible.
FuzzyFace
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-03-17 Onto Sometheeng Beeg

Postby Gotoh » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:28 am

Cortez wrote:Regardless, you can't ignore that Teddy himself stated that the boys never hit him.


Which is why I said their statements contradict each other.

It'd be like someone bragging that they torched some other guy's house, but the alleged victim says it never happened. They both can't be telling the truth, 'cuz either it happened or it didn't.

Cortez wrote:Nah, that's just your poor excuse. Especially since no siblings act this way.


Dexter and his sister, Didi, say "hi". So do Ross and his sister, Monica. Or Doug and Judith Funny, who didn't get along with each other 'til Disney took over the series and aged them up. Or how 'bout Linus Van Pelt and his sister, Lucy? :-\

So yes, you're determined to take a comical situation seriously.

Cortez wrote:You realize that people have been arrested for abusing their siblings in real life, right?


What abuse? Name one thing Gabrielle's done to Naomi that she can be arrested for.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Eerie Cuties / Magick Chicks / Dangerously Chloe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest