Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6of 6

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
kamishiro
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by kamishiro » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 am

Fluffy wrote:The fact that Dio is an elitist vampire and the fact he loathes Ace, is what makes him out of character in this mini-comic. He has no reason to offer Ace any help with his problem (both due to the elitism and the fact that Nina likes Ace), would never hang out with Kade (who is a rival for Layla's affection) and most certainly wouldn't give a female werewolf the time of day - no matter how apparently sexy she is.

Ace is also very much out of character - as he would never seek help from guys he doesn't like (he thinks Kade is a jerk and hates Dio). If Ace wanted someone he could trust to help him out with his predicament, he would have asked Brooke to help him out - as they once dated and still seemed to be on friendly terms.

The only reason this comic came into being is that it was one of the tiers in the Kickstarter (a comic starring Dio, Kade and Ace); it just would have been nice if the writer could have come up with a less controversial plot.

And a thread being locked because the majority of readers hated where the plot went? Let us hope not; because I think it's important that the writer reads and acknowledges the criticism.
Fluffy wrote:
thedoctornw wrote:Ha, I missed page 4--so, FemAce is the /real/ Ace, and MaleAce is repressing. Clearly Ace has some things to work out--and Kade and Dio are off the hook, since it's all Ace's decision in the end. ;)
Really failing to see how you've come to this conclusion.

Acina is a split personality, born from repression. This does not make her the dominant personality, as she didn't exist prior to the gender bending orb's influence. The only thing that needs to be done is to tell Ace what's been happening so he can seek the proper help to rid himself of the other personality who's been making his life Hell.

But, then - that wouldn't be 'funny', would it? Better to leave Ace in the dark and let his other personality, Dio and Kade use his obliviousness to their mutual advantage.

You know, for the LOLZ. 8-|
couldn't have said better

Still i'm surprised people are defending Kaede and Dio's action. The body still belong to Ace, he has a right to know what is happening and if he consent Ancina hickjacking (probably not)

She is not the dominant personality but hey she is hot and it's funny how miserable Ace is so it's okay right? It's funny how he doesn't know "he" has sleep with his "friends" rightt

Judanas
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Judanas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:41 am

Who is defending their actions? Most of the debate seems to be about if she's a full person or just a split personality.

I don't think anyone has said 'These people are morally right'. The closest is 'I'm not really surprised by Kade's actions' as far as I can tell.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3095
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by brasca » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:06 am

tanonev wrote:
brasca wrote: Once again we see different things. I see these 3 having fun and then Ace wakes up the next day in a dress and the others feigning ignorance over what happened last night and looking to take advantage of the situation when it's that time of the month. I have read so many arguments about consent, but how does anyone even know they had sex? I would think Grace would take off her dress before doing the deed.
Consent isn't just limited to intercourse, you know. We have a term for intercourse that happens without consent (rape), but we also have terms for other interactions that happen without consent (assault and harassment, sexual or otherwise).
And how do you know that Grace didn't consent or even initiate any sexual activity herself or that anything beyond mini golf, a movie, and dancing occurred? Sure Dio and Kade had a good time, but it's possible that they made sure it didn't go any further even though they would've liked to end the night with a bang. It's also possible that they'll tell Ace a few days later what happened.

With the way everyone is complaining that's probably what will happen just so everyone will put down the pitchforks. I shouldn't be surprised. It was around this time last year there was an uproar over Lacy's lesbian moms. And the year before that it was Amber hopping into bed with Ray right after Gary's birthday orgy. Must be a seasonal thing.

User avatar
UnsightlyWalrus
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by UnsightlyWalrus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 am

brasca wrote: And how do you know that Grace didn't consent or even initiate any sexual activity herself or that anything beyond mini golf, a movie, and dancing occurred? Sure Dio and Kade had a good time, but it's possible that they made sure it didn't go any further even though they would've liked to end the night with a bang. It's also possible that they'll tell Ace a few days later what happened.
Consent under the effects of drugs is not consent, especially if the person in question remembers nothing afterwards and would be very distressed to know what happened while under the effects of the drug. This is exactly the same thing except with split personality. Split personality that shouldn't exist, especially when Ace shouldn't even have any supressed self because Ace's attraction to males was just a hormonal thing that shouldn't exist after he became male again.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3137
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Fluffy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:50 am

brasca wrote: And who are you to say that she's not a person? Dio and Kade got to actually spend time with her and it looks like they had a lot of fun. They may be horny boys, but it would be cruel of them to call Dr. Twigitt to eliminate this personality the next day after all the time they spent.
And it isn't cruel to keep Ace in the dark; letting him live in constant paranoia/fear that the situation will repeat itself and there isn't anything he can do to stop it except place his trust on a couple of frienemies who promise to look out for him when all they intend to do is take advantage of his obliviousness so they can fool around with his other personality?

Yeah, sorry - my sympathy goes completely towards Ace.
brasca wrote:And how do you know that Grace didn't consent or even initiate any sexual activity herself or that anything beyond mini golf, a movie, and dancing occurred? Sure Dio and Kade had a good time, but it's possible that they made sure it didn't go any further even though they would've liked to end the night with a bang. It's also possible that they'll tell Ace a few days later what happened.
Considering the last lines of the mini-arc; it doesn't appear they intend to tell Ace anytime soon.

Serious question - in the case of someone who suffers from multiple personality disorder; would you say their other personalities are just as real/capable of consent as the dominant personality?

Because this is exactly what Ace is going through - the only difference being that his split personality is capable of transforming his body into a female figure when she hijacks his mind once a month. Having that ability doesn't change the fact that the body is still Ace's and she's (as well as Kade and Dio) are using it without his knowledge/consent. The fact Ace is unaware of it doesn't make the actions any more forgivable.
With the way everyone is complaining that's probably what will happen just so everyone will put down the pitchforks. I shouldn't be surprised. It was around this time last year there was an uproar over Lacy's lesbian moms. And the year before that it was Amber hopping into bed with Ray right after Gary's birthday orgy. Must be a seasonal thing.
Amber's shagging Ray so soon after being with Gary is one thing (I agree - people overreacted to that one - as it's no secret that Amber wasn't committed to anyone at that point in time); Lacey's moms was a completely different issue, altogether. Gay couples being vilified because people have an unfounded fear that they'll raise their children to be gay is a real issue. Lacey talking about how her mothers were raising her and her sisters as lesbians because - in her mothers' eyes - boys were evil/only wanted girls for sex was playing along that incredibly sensitive topic. So, I really can't blame people for getting up in arms about that.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Judanas
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Judanas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Fluffy wrote:Serious question - in the case of someone who suffers from multiple personality disorder; would you say their other personalities are just as real/capable of consent as the dominant personality?
How would two minds sharing a body look then? As she claims she's a full person and considering the origin of this all was a very magical event that did some pretty crazy stuff I'd prefer ace see an expert on the topic of thaumatology before it's diagnosed as Dissociative Identity Disorder. Especially when outside 'There are multiple personalities' it doesn't bear any signs of other symptoms that could characterise Dissociative Identity Disorder

Which is the core of what some people have been arguing. That it's uncertain if this IS just multiple personalities or if a new, sentient, mind has been created.
Fluffy wrote: Because this is exactly what Ace is going through - the only difference being that his split personality is capable of transforming his body into a female figure when she hijacks his mind once a month. Having that ability doesn't change the fact that the body is still Ace's and she's (as well as Kade and Dio) are using it without his knowledge/consent. The fact Ace is unaware of it doesn't make the actions any more forgivable.
Oddly enough, legal rulings about the way informed consent works with Dissociative Identity Disorder is...hard. It's so uncommon an occurrence and so full of legal grey areas that as best as my research has shown, there isn't actually a legal ruling about if an alternate personalty can give consent or not. The one case I could find where it was relevant was dismissed due to issues with the prosecution's main witness having been revealed to be also sleeping with the same girl the accused was being charged over so an official ruling about the nature of consent with multiple personalities is still a legal grey area.

Heck, even among psychological health professionals the EXISTENCE of Dissociative Identity Disorder is actually a grey area of which even experts are unsure.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by tau neutrino » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 pm

brasca wrote:
Gotoh wrote:I'm with Fluffy on this one.

'cuz the implication is they not only shagged Ace and lied to cover it up, but they're planning to keep taking advantage of him. How is this supposed to be funny?
Because when you add magic and mythological creatures into this the same rules that we apply to homosapiens doesn't really work.
Like I said in the previous thread, they already established the rules. Brooke was depriving herself of sleep to keep Kade from doing something that would scar him for life when he got back to normal. Simlarly, Queen Quintessa was a separate being, but the right thing to do was presented as Layla absorbing her.
brasca wrote: Once again we see different things. I see these 3 having fun and then Ace wakes up the next day in a dress and the others feigning ignorance over what happened last night and looking to take advantage of the situation when it's that time of the month. I have read so many arguments about consent, but how does anyone even know they had sex? I would think Grace would take off her dress before doing the deed.
The fourth panel has Kade starting to take off her dress, so it's pretty heavily implied. (Apart from possibly Doom-panties possessed Chloe, Laura, Cessily and Ash, is this the first hint of a cast member going all the way?)

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 1965
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Cortez » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Fluffy wrote: Serious question - in the case of someone who suffers from multiple personality disorder; would you say their other personalities are just as real/capable of consent as the dominant personality?
I remembered United States of Tara dealt with something like this, where the husband made a point of never sleeping with his wife's other personalities.

User avatar
LarsenSan
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by LarsenSan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Dorgengoa wrote:Honestly, I haven't seen anything this horrible since the Aoi House finale.
I only read the beggining of that webcomic and didn't like the direction it was following. How did it end?

User avatar
Dorgengoa
BANNED
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 am
Location: On your grave, dancing my heart out.
Contact:

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Dorgengoa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:53 pm

LarsenSan wrote:
Dorgengoa wrote:Honestly, I haven't seen anything this horrible since the Aoi House finale.
I only read the beggining of that webcomic and didn't like the direction it was following. How did it end?
It was hard to follow, and it's been a few years since I re-read it, but it had something to do with the cast going to Silent Hill and dealing with some sort of cow demon in an ice cream shop. Something to that effect, anyway.
This is getting out of hand.

User avatar
Hyper Magi
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Hyper Magi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:52 am

It was basically more of a Paranormal Mystery Squad "episode" than anything resembling a slice of life Harem comedy IIRC.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Brux
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Brux » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:56 am

Since people are starting to post sci-fi analogies for this situation, here's my take on it. I have a feeling it's easier for people to realte to sci-fi examples than to magical ones. And I'm using second person narration to drive the point home - please assume I'm talking about your misadventures not some fictional character's.

Imagine you were forcefully implanted with a chip that changed your whole physiology, to the point that it altered your personality while you were fully aware of its effects. Whoever was responsible for this got stopped, the chip's control computer deactivated, but the chip itself was not removed due to the danger of such a procedure. It's fine, after all the chip is dormant.
Only a while later, the chip reactivates and starts interfacing with your body in a different way. Now it makes you black out when it turns on, and a new personality emerges to take the reins. This personality is totally different to yours, and insists that it is its own person, just stuck in the same body as you.
Now, some people around you - people you actually asked to tell you what happens when you black out - tell you that they didn't pay attention. A while later you learn they actually had quite a lot of fun with the emergent personality (sexual or not).

There you go. Ask yourselves - what would you do in such a situation?

I sure as hell wouldn't care about this other personality's whims, and do anything in my power to get the chip removed, disabled and destroyed in the most efficient way possible. I'd treat it the same way as one would treat a "personality" emerging in a dissociative mental state, a phantom created to drive the body around (and, theoretically, ensure its survival) while its owner is unconscious.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3095
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by brasca » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 pm

tau neutrino wrote:
brasca wrote:
Gotoh wrote:I'm with Fluffy on this one.

'cuz the implication is they not only shagged Ace and lied to cover it up, but they're planning to keep taking advantage of him. How is this supposed to be funny?
Because when you add magic and mythological creatures into this the same rules that we apply to homosapiens doesn't really work.
Like I said in the previous thread, they already established the rules. Brooke was depriving herself of sleep to keep Kade from doing something that would scar him for life when he got back to normal. Simlarly, Queen Quintessa was a separate being, but the right thing to do was presented as Layla absorbing her.
Quintessa was a separate being who lived her life and died, but was given a chance to cheat death at the expense of an unwitting host. Moreover, she wanted to takeover Layla's body completely. Grace was created as a result of magic and is still a part of Ace and from what we've seen she's just content with taking over his body for one day of the month. And it's actually a day he'd be in wolf form so it's not like he's being inconvenience anymore than he would for being a werewolf.

Seeing as how this is the last strip of this particular short I'd like to commend Fernando Ruiz. While I still prefer Gisele Lagace's style your artwork is a suitable replacement. I also liked the turtle that keeps popping up. I thought that was cute. And David Lumsdon if you are reading this consider me one of the few who actually approved of this story. It's not a favorite, but it held my interest and hope you won't be deterred by some of the complaining on this board.

dmra
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:10 pm

@Brasca

I agree with you about the art but can't help wondering what it was exactly about this story that held your interest.

Personally it just seemed to me to be a contrived way to continue the male to female sex change theme while portraying two minor characters as totally dishonest and immoral sleazeballs. It's a matter of taste obviously but perhaps I'm missing something.

Gotoh
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Gotoh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:13 pm

brasca wrote:Quintessa was a separate being who lived her life and died, but was given a chance to cheat death at the expense of an unwitting host.
No, she wasn't. Quintessa is as a part of Layla, having been her past incarnation. They've both acknowledged being a part of each other. Layla is the current incarnation and dominant personality.
brasca wrote:she's just content with taking over his body for one day of the month. And it's actually a day he'd be in wolf form so it's not like he's being inconvenience anymore than he would for being a werewolf.
How are those two instances remotely the same?
  • 1. Even in wolf form, Ace is still in control of his body and conscious of any decisions he makes during that time. Whereas fem-Ace completely highjacks his body, thus robbing him of his free agency. Afterward, Ace has no recollection of what's been done to him.
  • 2. She's a foreign entity that was seemingly given life between the orb incident and Tia's magic. And she apparently feels entitled to take Ace's body for a spin, since she claims to be the "real" one.
  • 3. Ace is also clearly shown to be stressed over the situation, because he doesn't understand why he's waking up in girl's clothing and makeup. And he was desperate enough to accept help from two guys he doesn't like, who later took advantage him and they intend to keep doing so, so they can keep banging her (admittedly not confirmed, but heavily implied)
You'd have to gloss over all of that to claim Ace isn't being inconvenienced, 'cuz I'm certain he'd rather be stuck as a wolf once a month, compared to what's being done to him.

Post Reply