Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6of 6

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 5-6

Post by Fluffy »

thedoctornw wrote:For the people who insist on analyzing this scenario, I offer the following thoughts:

1) FemAce is totally willing and into both men, and has a previously-established crush on Kade

2) Kade and Dio are absolutely the sort of people to be led by their hormones

3) FemAce seems to have just as much agency as MaleAce, and thus has just as much right to be treated as an individual

The "joke" then, is that both Kade & Dio, who stayed over at Ace's place to further torment their "kinda friend", are now /super interested/ in FemAce, and have way more loyalty to her than to her dorky male counterpart (whom they only kinda tolerated, mostly because of Nina). One could argue that they should tell Ace what's going on, but that would be counter to both their characters (which Ace really should know by now)--and a case could be made that FemAce doesn't want MaleAce to know (although if that were true I suppose she wouldn't keep leaving girl clothes on when she went to sleep, heh).

Thus, I choose to see this as two horndogs (sorry, one horndog, one horncat) suddenly having a reason to be nice to Ace; Ace being confused by the attention and increased friendliness; and FemAce getting to live it up one night a month until the "curse" is broken.

So, what I'm gathering from your perspective - as long as Ace is unaware of what's been going on when he's unconscious, it's totally okay for two horny teenage boys to take advantage of his obliviousness so they can fool around with his female alter ego?

Yeah, no - doesn't make the scenario any less squicky.
(which of course raises the question of what happens to FemAce--either her soul goes elsewhere, or she was always a part of Ace, which makes the whole thing even more consensual than it already was :p).
She simply gets re-absorbed back into Ace's ego/ID (much like Quintessa had with Layla), seeing as Acina is just a by-product of Ace's psyche.

And no; it would not make things 'even more consensual', as it was never consensual to begin with; seeing as Ace himself (unlike Acina) is completely unaware that he has a split personality that represses him once a month so she can get her groove on. His body is, essentially, being hijacked by his alter ego and used without his blessing. The fact that Kade and Dio are well aware of the situation - and are taking advantage of it - makes it all the worse.

Not consensual and not amusing; not even remotely.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Marque'd wrote:Why is it daylight in the first panel, and why doesn't Ave have furry hands in the last when he started this comic chain with them? I know he lost them in the canon after being female, but that happened way before this.
Mistakes. We'll fix it. :)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Just like Gene's tongue. ;)

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I'm going to avoid giant quote blocks by saying Maechris and Fluffy completely nailed it. This story is so out of place, so contradictory and so awkward to read is not even funny. This is as much comedy as an overweight person sleeping on a banana peel and having a dog urinate in their face.

Also, for those claiming Grace is the true Ace... don't you think a parasitic entity would, I don't know, LIE? There was no indication at all during the time Ace spent as a girl that she was attracted at all to guys, let alone being a nymphomaniac or something similar.

I feel sad when Eerie Cuties was abruptly ended with so many questions still awating answer (dammit, what was the relationship between Ace and the Vampire Queen), and THIS is the only continuation we are given? It's like I'm reading a bad fanfic with serious issues of Ron the Death Eater.

Also, I've seen something similar. In Paranoia Agent, a magnificient psychological seinen anime, there's an episode about a woman who suffers from split personality. But her other self is a prostitute who does it just for fun. And that is slowly destroying the woman's life, her status, her relationships, her sanity. And the more she tries to erase her other personality, the more aggresive that entity becomes. But unlike this webcomic's arc, it wasn't comedy: it was a serious and even tragic story.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Gotoh wrote:I'm with Fluffy on this one.

'cuz the implication is they not only shagged Ace and lied to cover it up, but they're planning to keep taking advantage of him. How is this supposed to be funny?
Yeah... this is similar to roofing a girl...

brasca

Post by brasca »

'cuz the implication is they not only shagged Ace and lied to cover it up, but they're planning to keep taking advantage of him. How is this supposed to be funny?
Because when you add magic and mythological creatures into this the same rules that we apply to homosapiens doesn't really work.

Grace is her own person and I actually find it sadder that she's stuck inside Ace every other day and can't get out so if she chooses to go all the way with Ace's friends that's her business. When Ace goes through this metamorphosis his body becomes hers. And while you may frown upon Dio and Kade for taking advantage it's better that Grace is among friends instead of strangers who might not react well if they wake up in bed with a young man. They're not being entirely altruistic, but it's really for the best considering the alternatives. Perhaps they should tell Ace what really happens every month, but the means of resolving it might eliminate the Grace personality and I imagine that would have some ethical issues. Besides there may be a payoff for Ace in that the back of his hands appear to have lost its fur. Perhaps transforming into Grace is accelerating his maturity and he'll be back to what he was before Tia reversed the spell.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Grace is technically a parasite. She was born in unnatural circumstances and takes advantage of a body that doesn't belongs to her. Also, your justification about Kade and Dio taking advantage of Ace is no different about justifying some person having sex with a highly drunk individual.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:

Because when you add magic and mythological creatures into this the same rules that we apply to homosapiens doesn't really work.

Grace is her own person and I actually find it sadder that she's stuck inside Ace every other day and can't get out so if she chooses to go all the way with Ace's friends that's her business. When Ace goes through this metamorphosis his body becomes hers. And while you may frown upon Dio and Kade for taking advantage it's better that Grace is among friends instead of strangers who might not react well if they wake up in bed with a young man. They're not being entirely altruistic, but it's really for the best considering the alternatives. Perhaps they should tell Ace what really happens every month, but the means of resolving it might eliminate the Grace personality and I imagine that would have some ethical issues. Besides there may be a payoff for Ace in that the back of his hands appear to have lost its fur. Perhaps transforming into Grace is accelerating his maturity and he'll be back to what he was before Tia reversed the spell.
But, she's not her own person - as she never existed to begin with. As mentioned before by others, Ace was still Ace - even as a girl. The fact that he accepted he may be stuck with a girl's body didn't change who he was as a person.

And Kade and Dio - Ace's friends? Hardly! Ace barely tolerates Kade and did his best to avoid Kade's advances when he was a girl, and Ace and Dio absolutely hated each other.The whole 'Acina is now her own person, with her own separate personality' and is willing to make out with two men she could barely stand when Ace was a girl is just an excuse to put Ace in a situation that he would never have consented to while magically transitioned.

There is no excuse that can validate what is taking place in this 6 page comic.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Some of you are actually defending Kade and Dio's horrifically-creepy actions, and it honestly makes me somewhat ashamed to be a member of this forum. There is absolutely no moral justification for the way they conduct themselves. They're fully aware that their friend/acquaintance is undergoing an unwilling transformation brought on by a cocktail magical shenanigans, and their first instinct is to take his invasive alter ego out on a three-way date and then probably bang him, after which they lie directly to his face about what happened. This isn't even analysis, it's a direct description of the story, with minimal speculation. The female persona is not an individual character, it is a supernatural phenomenon which actively worsens the victim's quality of life by causing needless stress and confusion, and needs to be removed at the earliest possible opportunity.
This is getting out of hand.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But, no - God forbid that happen because its totally unfair to Ancina (a split personality who was never her own person to begin with).

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Dang that's the friendliest game of mini golf I've ever seen. Look at Dio's hands.

What's all the hub-bub about Layla needing to play in an indoor mini golf? This us happening at night.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Fluffy wrote:But, no - God forbid that happen, because it's totally unfair to Acina (a split personality who was never her own person to begin with).
It's this kind of nonsense that causes people to treat Halloween costumes as separate characters, based on flimsy justifications such as "[Character] is acting more boldly/using a different accent!". At best, this is a harmful side-effect of all the gender-bending nonsense Ace has been subjected to for the last several years.
This is getting out of hand.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

However, said gender-bender situation was positive for Ace, helping him establishing a relationship with Brooke. This, however, comes out of nowhere and serves no other purpose than flanderize him.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That, and to probably supply some fan service to those who rooted for a Kade/Acina pairing (not sure where Dio factors into this - other than making him an even bigger insufferable jerk than usual).
Dorgengoa wrote:
Fluffy wrote:But, no - God forbid that happen, because it's totally unfair to Acina (a split personality who was never her own person to begin with).
It's this kind of nonsense that causes people to treat Halloween costumes as separate characters, based on flimsy justifications such as "[Character] is acting more boldly/using a different accent!". At best, this is a harmful side-effect of all the gender-bending nonsense Ace has been subjected to for the last several years.
I do hope you know I was being sarcastic with my comment. I, in no way, support what this mini-arc promotes and fail to understand how anyone could try to defend it.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Dorgengoa wrote:The female persona is not an individual character, it is a supernatural phenomenon which actively worsens the victim's quality of life by causing needless stress and confusion, and needs to be removed at the earliest possible opportunity.
That's iffy (I'm not entirely sure either way) to say for certain. Is someone less of a person because they are supernaturally created rather than born? Her existence runs into an oddly similar area to AI rights, if one achieved sentience. It's not a born person but it IS clearly intelligent and may have the same rights as a human.

This situation is really hard to judge as it's very unclear if this is actually a separate person (That is an offshoot of Ace) or simply his own mind under hostile mental effects. In a setting as supernatural as this, it's really hard to say. If they ARE an offshoot person rather than just hostile mental effects they do have the right to self determination...but the fact they share a body with Ace leads to some serious questions about where rights and responsibilities lie with two minds sharing a body.

The ideal situation would be for a separation into individual bodies to solve this entire issue. Granting her full autonomy and removing any issues about the right to control your own body. However she seemed more focused on hedonism than actually trying to get a solution worked out. Still, this is really uncertain as a whole because we've only got Grace's word to go on and no outside sources. An actual scholar or mage would have been mighty helpful here.

The legal, ethical and philosophical debate that could come from this situation is fascinating.