Eerie Cuties 06-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 4 of 6

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: Eerie Cuties 06-03-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 4 o

Post by Osaru Sensei »

On a semi-unrelated note, I like Grace's hairstyle a lot more than I did Ace's.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:Just noticed she views herself as the "Real Ace". I wonder what the implications of that are.
My guess would be a split personality. Kind of on the same level as Jekyl and Hyde - except magically induced instead of via an experimental serum.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:I'm hoping they can come to some sort of synthesis... but somehow, I doubt that's going to happen in two updates. Probably just a strip and a half of shopping, then Ace will wake up in drag, and Dio and Kade will make up something humiliating.
I'm more betting that they'll keep this little truth a secret and arrange to have monthly sleepovers; completely taking advantage of Ace's predicament under the guise of concern.

Like many others; I'm really not happy with where this strip is going.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

they probably clean Ace of the makeup and dress him again with boys clothes, and tell him everything went "perfect" during the night, but they will come every month "just in case"
ImageImage

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Girl Ace must have a real good hiding place to put all that makeup and stuff. Ace never mentioned finding such things in his room... I think?

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Ace knows where the makeup is, but he's repressing it, like all his other memories of Girl-Ace. The makeup's probably not even hidden, just kept in a drawer that Ace never looks in- after all, its just "full of junk".

Shazam

Post by Shazam »

Truthfully, this is more creepy than entertaining.

I actually miss the original Eerie Cuties premise, what strange teachers, the difference in perspectives from the ages/school year of the characters.

All that got tossed out for age-bending (which got a bit creepy as well with sexualizing a young teen by making her artificially age), and gender bending shenanigans. If this was the only Pixietrix strip that would be fine, but we have a lot of other titles here to play with more rom-com stories and light titillation.

I am impressed from the business side of how well they prepped and created spin offs from EC into their own strips. For a small webcomic house, that was clever and hopefully productive. I just regret EC having lost it's initial setup and feel.

This story? Just ... creepy and not in the comedy monsters sort of way.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

OF COURSE!!! The monthly menstrual/ monthly full moon/werewolf connection!!! And here I was thinking Ace/Acina's sex change was all because of a silly little doll. ;)
Now I wonder what their date will be like? Will they go to a ghoulish go-go? Are they too young for Bloody Marys? I can't wait to find out!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Shazam wrote:All that got tossed out for age-bending (which got a bit creepy as well with sexualizing a young teen by making her artificially age)
If you're referring to what happened to Nina, that was rectified by the end of Vol.3, when she relinquished Laura's height and her bust size. But the implication was that her appearance at that time still wasn't normal either. Blair was keeping her from feeding normally by conditioning her to eat chocolate instead. That seems to imply he was stunting Nina's growth in his attempt to keep Queen Quintessa from being reborn.

But by Vol.4,, Nina's age had begun progressing as it naturally should have, now that she'd finally started drinking blood (she had already fed on Becky, then later fed on Ace, Tabitha, Dio, and Layla). I see that as positive development for her, 'cuz she was finally started to mature both physically and mentally, as a result.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

did she drink again after the awakening of Queen Quintessa (layla ) saga? I do not recall her continuing with drinking blood
ImageImage

brasca

Post by brasca »

vampire hunter D wrote:She could have been active the whole time in his subconscious
Well that would be depressing. Another person locked inside and basically a passenger unable to effect anything that goes on around them would be quite terrible. At least Blair had a doll body.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:did she drink again after the awakening of Queen Quintessa (layla ) saga? I do not recall her continuing with drinking blood
EC went on indefinite hiatus at the end of the arc, so you'd have to ask Giz or Dave.

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Well, looks like we need to pull another Melissa and have Ace get split into two people
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Gotoh wrote:
wiseguy wrote:did she drink again after the awakening of Queen Quintessa (layla ) saga? I do not recall her continuing with drinking blood
EC went on indefinite hiatus at the end of the arc, so you'd have to ask Giz or Dave.
notice I said "the awakening of Queen Quintessa saga" and not the "defeat of Queen Quintessa saga"
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@wiseguy: Which is beside the point, since there was no further mention of her drinking blood. So you're asking the wrong person.

ven

Post by ven »

Is there a reason Girl Ace looks like a 40-something old hooker? What happend to her face?