Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TtheLurker

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Post by TtheLurker »

Gotoh wrote:Who do think the angels answer to?
If "angels" is a species, then nobody. cf: Who do the dolphins answer to? Or the little green aliens?
If "angels" is a job description, that pretty much depends on the structure of the organization they are working for and their level in it. Could range anywhere from their shift manager to the shareholders.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

TtheLurker wrote:If "angels" is a species, then nobody.
Dude, read paragraph four onwards. It's long been established who they answer too.

It'd be like saying the valkyries don't serve or answer to Odin. But since this is Pixietrix's rendition of it, obviously that's subject to change. In much the same way that EC takes artistic license with folklore.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

tityanya wrote:I recall another story about Artemis bathing, except she turned the poor dude into a stag or something and then he was killed by his own hunting hounds
I think that was Actaeon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mm-hmm. Poor sod. The Greek gods were bastards. (Warning! NSFW! Naked breast! The horror!)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

If you learn to associate naked breasts with involuntary transformations and death, it easily could be. ;)

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

Glossing over the death aspect, I have been associating naked breasts with involuntary transformations in my more "interesting" fantasies for quite some time now...

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

.... I really shouldn't ask.
So I won't.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Gotoh wrote:Dude, read paragraph four onwards. It's long been established who they answer too.
Last I looked, the *C cosmos was a fictional place, the reality of which is guided by the imaginations of its writers. That Judeo-Christian theology says one thing about angels doesn't mean that nobody can write a story in which that is not true. In fact, there is at least one comic in which

the angels conspire to hide the fact (even from literal gods) that the One G-d does not exist

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

And here I thought Angels came down to kill and/or seduce whiny fourteen-year-olds.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:[Last I looked, the *C cosmos was a fictional place, the reality of which is guided by the imaginations of its writers.
Gotoh wrote:But since this is Pixietrix's rendition of it, obviously that's subject to change.
If you're gonna quote my post, at least read the whole thing.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, no one has remarked on the oddity of Pru's sword even needing polishing? You'd think it would be equipped with DIVINIY EVERSHINE™! But then, maybe Pru just got handed MY FIRST GODSWORD™.
Tako wrote:Aphrodite is either Artemis's sister or her great-aunt, not her mother. Artemis's mother is Leto.
But also the father of Paul Muad'dib, who is the Kwisatz Haderach!!! :-o COINCIDENCE, I ASK YOU??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Careful, man! That's a killing word.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.