Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

tityanya

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Post by tityanya »

I recall another story about Artemis bathing, except she turned the poor dude into a stag or something and then he was killed by his own hunting hounds

I always wondered what exactly the moral of that story was supposed to be

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

"Don't be a Peeping Tom."
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

tityanya wrote:I recall another story about Artemis bathing, except she turned the poor dude into a stag or something and then he was killed by his own hunting hounds
That was Acateon. Sipriotes got off easy.
tityanya wrote:I always wondered what exactly the moral of that story was supposed to be
The Greek gods are a crazy bunch.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Not sure if it was ever mentioned, but how did Naomi someone a divine weapon via Prudence's halo in the first place? She thinks Prudence is an abductee escapee and brought alien tech down with her. I would assume being able to summon anything via an angel's halo would take some kind of training. So for Naomi to be able to do it on a whim, I understand this is a webcomic and I'm reading too much into it, but maybe that calls for some unknown experience/ability Naomi possesses.

And that's my mad theory for why Gabby is so perplexed/shocked.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

brasca

Post by brasca »

Good theory, but if Naomi was sensitive to the paranormal she'd notice Prudence's wings.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Really? You have all that magic and witches and stuff going on back at Artemis Academy, but the idea of literal Angels and Demons is an impossibility? Can somebody say, Arbitrary Scepticism?

But it will be interesting to see how things unfold from here, to be sure, to be sure.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Gotoh wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:She goes to a school that is not simply named after Aphrodite.
Their school is named after Artemis, who's Aphrodite's daughter.
See what happens when you post without checking your sources? ::head desk::

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

Cue Gabby having a jealous tantrum that Naomi has a Divine friend in three... two....

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

tityanya wrote:I recall another story about Artemis bathing, except she turned the poor dude into a stag or something and then he was killed by his own hunting hounds

I always wondered what exactly the moral of that story was supposed to be
"Artemis has a horrible temper and won't accept apologies."
Remember that disgusting scene when she and Apollo were tasked to assassinate the children of queen Niobe, who boasted having more kids than Leto?
In the first version of the story I read, Apollo stopped shooting when one prince begged the gods for mercy. Artemis shot the kid on the spot.

Yay, Prudence! ^_^ She just swiped that sword right out of Gabrielle's hands and wiped the smug off her face without breaking a sweat. Or noticing. ;)
She really is my favourite cast member. :D
JTheCreator wrote:Not sure if it was ever mentioned, but how did Naomi someone a divine weapon via Prudence's halo in the first place? She thinks Prudence is an abductee escapee and brought alien tech down with her. I would assume being able to summon anything via an angel's halo would take some kind of training. So for Naomi to be able to do it on a whim, I understand this is a webcomic and I'm reading too much into it, but maybe that calls for some unknown experience/ability Naomi possesses.

Prudence forgot to password-lock her halo. ;)
Or she gave Naomi access during their offscreen adventures so she could access the tools she needed to survive.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Now since Gabrielle knows that Prudence is an angel...I wonder if she'll be afraid that Prudence is here to enact divine punishment for how's she's been treating Naomi?
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Error of Logic wrote:
JTheCreator wrote:Not sure if it was ever mentioned, but how did Naomi someone a divine weapon via Prudence's halo in the first place? She thinks Prudence is an abductee escapee and brought alien tech down with her. I would assume being able to summon anything via an angel's halo would take some kind of training. So for Naomi to be able to do it on a whim, I understand this is a webcomic and I'm reading too much into it, but maybe that calls for some unknown experience/ability Naomi possesses.

Prudence forgot to password-lock her halo. ;)
Or she gave Naomi access during their offscreen adventures so she could access the tools she needed to survive.
Like here? Prudence also makes a reference to Naomi playing with her halo.

brasca

Post by brasca »

TheEighth wrote:Now since Gabrielle knows that Prudence is an angel...I wonder if she'll be afraid that Prudence is here to enact divine punishment for how's she's been treating Naomi?
It would be amusing if Gabrielle thinks her bullying was enough to get a guardian angel involved, but considering that Prudence has lived there for presumably a few weeks without lecturing her on being nice to her foster sister I think she'll suspect something else is amiss. Truth serums don't work on angels so maybe she'll agree to be nice to Naomi if Prudence tells her why she's there.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Gaby isn't slow, so I imagine by the next strip she'll be either be full of questions or planning her escape. Whichever depends on what she's really thinking behind her horrified expression.

Hmmm... maybe she knows enough about angels to realize that one hanging around on Earth openly is a bad thing?

Lerianis

Post by Lerianis »

Lokitsu wrote:I'm not surprised by Gaby's shock. Its one thing to believe in the monsters and one can argue that succubi and demons are just another form of cryptid. But angels bring up a whole plethora of disturbing possibilities.
Why? Who is to say that angels are not just another cryptid and that 'heaven' is not just an alternative dimension just like 'hell'?

The existence of angels and demons (or what we classify as those) does NOT mean that there is a 'god' in the universe.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Perhaps not in Pixietrix's version of it, but for most othesrs, if Heaven exists, then so does He. Who do think the angels answer to?

Now there's a thought: What if Gaby's an atheist and the realization that angels are real has her sh*tting herself, 'cuz of what that'd also mean? Granted, I doubt DC is gonna go down that route, but that'd be funny. :P

Quote removed. The DAMNed