Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Gabrielle examines Naomi's heavenly implements before their true owner arrives. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ine_weapon

Tython

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-02-17 A Divine Weapon

Post by Tython »

Well Gabrielle is about to Go Mad from the Revelation......although I am surprised that she is since she does go to a school with various magical beings and was part of a massive battle of Good vs Evil, provided that this strip timeline wise takes place after Mel/Cerise War. Or is it that Heaven and Hell not only exist but Heaven is apparently actively helping Naomi is what is causing her freakout?
Last edited by Tython on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I think she was freaking out over the fact that it's Prudence who's the angel, as she doesn't seem like the "divine warrior" type.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I'm not surprised by Gaby's shock. Its one thing to believe in the monsters and one can argue that succubi and demons are just another form of cryptid. But angels bring up a whole plethora of disturbing possibilities.

pcj

Post by pcj »

But she must know about them already because she recognized what the weapon was. I think her shock is that it's Prudence.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

It's also possible that Gabby's use of the adjective "divine" was a coincidence... Except now she realizes it isn't.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Gabz gets the smug face wiped off her... face.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Insectoid wrote:It's also possible that Gabby's use of the adjective "divine" was a coincidence... Except now she realizes it isn't.
Mmmr, that doesn't seem very likely to me. Context pretty clearly indicates she meant 'divine' as in, from heaven. So she knows that there's a heaven and that angels live there and wield these things. What's shocking to her is that Prudence is the owner. The question is, why?

Is it just because Prudence doesn't seem the type? Is it because she can't believe she had an angel right under her nose this whole time and didn't realize it? Is it because Naomi having a guardian angel throws a wrench into her plans?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

All of these are possibilities lordoffling.

I highly doubt that the students at Artemis know nothing about angels. Quite possibly the forces of heaven may collaborate with the slayers when they need to get around certain pesky loopholes regarding angel-demon relations. Most likely they are seen as allies in the fight against evil and not to be trifled with.

It most certainly will focus Gabrielle's attention on Prudence and maybe she'll be nicer to Naomi in the process.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Gabby was witness to a conflict that involved actual goddesses. She goes to a school that is not simply named after Aphrodite, but apparently under the goddess' own control. I agree that her shock must be that Prudence, with whom she has been living under the same roof, is an actual angel.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:She goes to a school that is not simply named after Aphrodite.
Their school is named after Artemis, who's Aphrodite's daughter.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Aphrodite is either Artemis's sister or her great-aunt, not her mother. Artemis's mother is Leto.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Tako: I could've sworn that Aphrodite and Ares were the parents of Artemis and Apollo, but a quick google search later reveals I was way off (I had both her parents wrong). :-$

someone

Post by someone »

Prudence is blissfully unaware of how "polishing a sword all night" can be interpreted.

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

And to make another connection between DC and Greek mythology, there's the story of Sipriotes, a boy who was transformed into a girl by Artemis when he accidentally came across the goddess bathing.