Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh
Posts: 3834
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Gotoh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 am

Abraxas wrote:Faith pretty much established the mandate that Whats the point in power if you don't abuse the hell out of it seeing her basically abuse her powers to satisfy her libido.
If you mean her presidential privileges, sure. Otherwise, no she didn't.
Abraxas wrote:Layla/Lamia, Faith, Melissa , Dark Chloe... its a recurring theme in the Verse
I agree that Layla shares a lot in common with Faith, which I've noted in two of my older posts. But the Mel is nothing like either of them and neither was Doompantied Chloe.
Abraxas wrote:Hormonal Female + Super Powers = Despot in training
That'd be Cerise (voluntarily), Mel (which is Ana and Hecate's intention for her), and Chloe only due to being possessed by a cursed artifact.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination
Posts: 5616
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by 'J' » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:57 am

last time somebody was being this reckless with a magical blade, somebody else got stabbed in the brain.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2081
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Cortez » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:51 am

Gotoh wrote: The highlighted portion is the operative phrase. So... what have we "seen" that supports the accusation? :-\
We've seen her bullying and humiliating Naomi. At this point, it sounds like you haven't read the strip at all.


I'd say it's just as ridiculous to make assumptions about the situation without knowing the full story. All we have (so far) is Naomi's side of things.
That's Bullshit and you know it. We've seen Gabby's side, we've seen her plan out her pranks, we've seen her go after Teddy because she knew Naomi was interested I'm him.

At this point, if you say otherwise, you simply aren't reading the strip at all.
The fact that Gabrielle isn't refuting the accusation isn't automatically an admission of guilt.
It is actually, but it clear that you ignore reality so you can keep pretending your prized MC faves are flawless Mary Sues.
Last edited by Cortez on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Osaru Sensei
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Osaru Sensei » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am

But Gabz, wouldn't "because it's easy" imply that bullying Naomi is... low-hanging fruit?
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2081
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Cortez » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:14 am

Those are the sort of targets usually go for. Bullies don't usually pick on people that would be a challenge.

Gotoh
Posts: 3834
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Gotoh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:28 am

@Cortez: If you disagree, fine, but that was uncalled-for.
Cortez wrote:Are you reallythat obtuse? We've seen her bullying and humiliating Naomi. At this point, it sounds like you haven't read the strip at all.
That should be my line, because Naomi's accusation is that Gabrielle's taken everything from her.

So other than her parents love (so she says), what proof is there that she's taken anything else?
Cortez wrote:That's Bullshit and you know it. We've seen Gabby's side, we've seen her plan out her pranks, we've seen her go after Teddy because she knew Naomi was interested I'm him.
So two incidents equals taking everything then? 'cuz that's what we're discussing. And no, we haven't seen Gabrielle's side (or Naomi's parents' side, for that matter).

Naomi has no claim on Teddy, since they aren't dating, which makes him/her fair game. Notice Teddy didn't object to Gabrielle coming onto him, until after they'd already made out. And he only stopped for Chloe's sake, not Naomi.
Cortez wrote:It is actually, but it clear that you ignore reality so you can keep pretending your prized MC faves are flawless Mary Sues.
The only thing that's clear is you're quick to make assumptions with little to go on,

I've already said that neither of them are flawless, so I'm not sure how made that assumption either.

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by wiseguy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 am

so......................................... Naomi is interested and claims Teddy? Teddi? or Teddy/Teddi? even if she denies that fact? except when fighting for it with Gabby?
ImageImage

User avatar
Chaos Sepher
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Chaos Sepher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:19 am

I kinda want to see Naomi break down in tears at this point and Gabi feel really REALLY bad about it...

User avatar
Thor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 am
Location: your mom

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Thor » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:45 am

Opus the Poet wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Naomi is the "Ash" for this comic - one thing happening to her after another.
Better than being the "gary" of the comic.
Given how far Gary's life and circumstances (and art!) have improved since strip #1, I wouldn't mind being the "Gary" of a comic. Sure, things were pretty rough for a couple months, but he's in a pretty good place right now, and is calmer, wiser, and less likely to spontaneously hemorrhage.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by brasca » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Nimble little minx isn't she? This is definitely someone that belonged on Faith's student council.
Cortez wrote:Those are the sort of targets usually go for. Bullies don't usually pick on people that would be a challenge.
But Naomi is actually one of the queen bees of her school so I would say she is in fact a challenge for Gabrielle. If she were a social outcast she'd willingly subordinate herself just to be Gabrielle's minion, but Naomi has a strong will and perhaps that is why Tandy suspects she secretly fancies her.

Gabrielle's continuous torment isn't nice, but so far her behavior is on par with most siblings although this might be more difficult for Naomi who seems to be an only child before her foster sister arrived. And let's not forget that at this time Naomi is swinging a weapon used against demons so Gabrielle is well within her right to defend herself.

This is a very unusual chapter in that it's one of the few where Gotoh and I actually agree on something.

User avatar
Osaru Sensei
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Osaru Sensei » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Cortez wrote:Those are the sort of targets usually go for. Bullies don't usually pick on people that would be a challenge.
To be fair bullies have a tendency to underestimate their victims, or at least that was the case with the first nine years of my school life - the girl in the wheelchair may look like easy pickin's, but it's quite easy to forget that she gets herself around school by her arm strength alone on a daily basis.

Sadly, the few times I actually caught them didn't quite hammer the message home that messing with me would be a bad idea. Happily enough the school I stated at in my 10th year was a fresh start for me and I gained a lot of friends whom I still talk to.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by brasca » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 pm

vampire hunter D wrote:Canwe sick Pandora on her now?
Is that really such a good idea? Even though Naomi had no idea that it was Pandora she didn't make her life any easier. Gabrielle has done some mean things to Naomi, but I don't think she ever convinced her under the influence of Golden Wings to take a shower with Teddy. She might humiliate Gabrielle, but she'd just as quickly turn on Naomi for her own amusement.

I have to wonder if Prudence may come to Naomi's aid. When she walked into her room it was as if she was talking to her so maybe she's not far away. Of course Charity may get involved too, but that might not be good for Naomi since she's swinging a prohibited weapon against a seemingly unarmed girl.

User avatar
Alice Macher
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Alice Macher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:57 pm

brasca wrote:I have to wonder if Prudence may come to Naomi's aid.
Now there's an idea. Prudence is ditzy, sure, but has occasionally demonstrated quick thinking and shrewdness. And because she's kind by nature, she wouldn't take advantage of the situation to humiliate Naomi even further for the lulz.

However it happens (within reason), I'd like to see Gabrielle get her comeuppance, because her antics have definitely crossed the line from cute to cruel, and that's regardless of whether, as Tandy suspects, she actually has a crush on Naomi.

It's like with Braith in Skyrim, although we don't see her bullying of Lars onscreen. Should the player character confront her about this, Braith admits it's because she wishes he'd kiss her. Nevertheless, the game makes clear that's not an excuse and thus--whichever words the PC uses to do so--she is told firmly to leave him be. (Then again, she's rather younger than Gabby and thus easier to intimidate. Also she lacks Gabby's apparent super-powers.)

Gotoh
Posts: 3834
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by Gotoh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Alice Macher wrote:However it happens (within reason), I'd like to see Gabrielle get her comeuppance, because her antics have definitely crossed the line from cute to cruel.
I'd vote Tandy. If anyone could put Gabrielle in her place, it'd be her because she has the advantage of knowing how to push Gabrielle's buttons. She's done it before.
Alice Macher wrote:and that's regardless of whether, as Tandy suspects, she actually has a crush on Naomi.
I still think Tandy was being sarcastic about that, kinda like Tiff with A.J. and Rain.

BioYuGi
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:28 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-02-17 Making My Life Miserable

Post by BioYuGi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 pm

But weren't A.J. and Rain actually into each other?

Post Reply