Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 of 6

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by Gotoh »

Zippy wrote:Title suggests it might be Ace "him"self. "Grace" not as gone as everyone thought, huh?
It could also be his dad, since he's said that he misses "Acina". He even bought a dress for her.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

It's Blair. He's behind everything bad.
;))

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@BlairFan: Not unless he's found a way to escape from Tia (unlikely).

Even if he did, why would he waste time playing dress up with Ace, when he could be perving on any of the girls?

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Gotoh wrote:
Zippy wrote:Title suggests it might be Ace "him"self. "Grace" not as gone as everyone thought, huh?
It could also be his dad, since he's said that he misses "Acina". He even bought a dress for her.
Thanks for the link. I neglected to do that back at the top of the thread. ;)
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Lipach

Post by Lipach »

You asked for this, mr. Ruiz...

Personally I wouldn't say that Short Stories are bad or something like this. They are natural disaster that should never happen. I even can't imagine how much Pixie Trix hate EC-verse because they keep to push the series deeper and deeper into the grave that they dug few years ago. I mean, it is only explanation since I don't belive someone can make so much so big mistakes for so long time without serious reasons. First two Short Stories look like they came from 40th and related to EC/MC only because of the characters. After Cass leaved the team DC doesn't look like DC at all. I thought that things can not get worse, but when they put EC-verse characters into Ma3 (and Pixie Tris even didn't try to make of them someone else) and have made wrestling arc, most boring in the comic.
I know I'm acting like a drama queen, but I think I have some rigths for it as reader and former Russian translator of EC/MC/DC (I'm also still corrector in translations of Ma3/SDB/SotR and current translator of Fragile, but it's not important now). I literally spent more than 2 years of my life translating EC/MC/DC almost every day. Why? Because I liked this comics so much. Even more, they were first web-comics that I actually started to read in English. It wasn't easy, believe me, my level was elementary back when. In the end it became intermediate. I'm trying to say that EC-verse is very important for me. It is one of the reasons why I am who I am. That's why it is so hard for me to see all of that.
Last summer I even tried to affect on Pixie Trix and have made (?) survey about the situation with all comics to put more power into my voice. They never reply. I'm not sure that they even read it.
Anyway, you probably interested in opinions about your work, mr. Ruiz. I think it is "So bad that my English is not good enough to describe it."

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Welcome, Lipach. Just found your translations. Bookmarking, as my Russian isn't strong enough yet. I'll make it a goal!

I'll disagree with you, here. I don't believe that any of us have rights as readers. We are consumers who are being given a product without any obligation to pay for it. If the producers choose no longer to produce something for whatever reason, we may be very unhappy, but we have not lost anything to which we are entitled.

I obviously cannot speak to any rights the producers may have given you for doing the translations.

Lipach

Post by Lipach »

I think you got me wrong. I didn't mean that authors have to do something just because someone said it. I meant I have a right to say that I don't like the situation and I did. It is a mark for Pixie Trix that something is wrong. And to be honest, I also think that my opinion may be significant (?) because without me some people would never read the comics. I mentioned survey earlier, and according to it about 2/3 of respondents read only the translations.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Oh, in that case, sure. We all have a right to moan and cry when things don't happen the way we want them too. There is no need to assert a right - that's just the right to freedom of expression, which we Americans presumably cherish :) And since I have seen no attempt to shut us up, it is clear that the owners of this forum aren't interested in suppressing it. Of course, I expect that what they really care about is how their actions affect sales. This is a business, after all.

I rather suspect that the real issue is that EC and MC readers haven't been spending enough money to justify pulling writers and artists away from their other endevours.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

if there was something to buy... :/ if i could be sure id be buying books that will eventually be finished..i cant stand having any more unfinished series on my shelves

FernandoRuiz

Post by FernandoRuiz »

Lipach wrote:You asked for this, mr. Ruiz...

Anyway, you probably interested in opinions about your work, mr. Ruiz. I think it is "So bad that my English is not good enough to describe it."

Did you like the turtle?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

vampire hunter D wrote:Werent the uniform jackets black before?
They seemed like a dark brown.
Error of Logic wrote:Looks like the tortoise got lost while looking for Tiffany.
That last panel was kind of disturbing. Is the girl going to eat the live turtle? She already looks like she has a mouthful of food.

@Fernando Ruiz: please, no crucifixions.

If it were someone else doing this, wouldn't Ace have detected his scent?
Last edited by tau neutrino on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Someone changes him when he's sleeping.
Into a dress.
Yeah... Right. He's short, has furred paws, and is an utter narcoleptic or impossible to wake up.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

FernandoRuiz wrote:
Lipach wrote:You asked for this, mr. Ruiz...

Did you like the turtle?
TORTOISE.

Lipach

Post by Lipach »

FernandoRuiz wrote: Did you like the turtle?
No.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Lipach wrote:Last summer I even tried to affect on Pixie Trix and have made (?) survey about the situation with all comics to put more power into my voice. They never reply. I'm not sure that they even read it. Anyway, you probably interested in opinions about your work, mr. Ruiz. I think it is "So bad that my English is not good enough to describe it."
I sadly have no idea what you are talking about in regards to a survey. If it's something you sent by email, it's possible I missed it. My inbox is crazy. Sometimes it's just best to send me a private message here or send me a tweet or message on Facebook.

I'm sad you don't care for Fernando's art. For what it's worth, Fernando is like a teacher to me. I've learned many things from him over the years, so I'm a big fan. I don't know how many short stories we'll end up telling in the EC verse, but I'm sure in time, everyone involved will adjust. I've seen the whole arc already, and as the creator of the property, I'm very happy with the output of this team.
TwoWayStar wrote:if there was something to buy... :/ if i could be sure id be buying books that will eventually be finished..i cant stand having any more unfinished series on my shelves
Not sure if this was meant as a jab, but if I look at the properties I've been involved with, none were left hanging. Penny & Aggie, Cool Cat Studio, Eerie Cuties & Magick Chicks all ended their respective runs. Yes, I mention EC and MC here 'cause technically, the arc we wanted to tell is complete, so that run is complete. Everything that we are doing from this point on is new and meant as a sort of jumping on point. We don't know how many new stories we'll end up doing, but they're all stand alone up to now. Meaning, it's not a direct continuation of the printed books. For instance, the stories are in color. If printed, this will be a new #1.

All other properties are ongoing, and we plan on finishing them, even Sticky Dilly Buns that I've had to put on hiatus for various reasons. It will come back though. Can't say exactly when, but it'll come.