Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 of 6

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

User avatar
Lipach
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by Lipach » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am

Giz wrote:I sadly have no idea what you are talking about in regards to a survey. If it's something you sent by email, it's possible I missed it. My inbox is crazy. Sometimes it's just best to send me a private message here or send me a tweet or message on Facebook.
I'm not surprised. That's why I also sent copies to Dave and T. Campbell. If they didn't read the message neither, well, that means I'm pretty unlucky person. About Twitter and others - I was not sure it will work. The survey is pretty big, not to mention second part with my thoughts.
Anyway, if you interested, I can resend the message using way by your choice. I don't think it will change your opinion, but at least I will know that I did all possible things.
Giz wrote:Yes, I mention EC and MC here 'cause technically, the arc we wanted to tell is complete, so that run is complete.
Personally I wouldn't say that EC look finished. I guess, it is because all that situation with Lamia doesn't feel like some kind of core (?) of the story. A lot of situations happen because Nina's innocence, not because of ancient vampire queen inside her.
Giz wrote:I'm sad you don't care for Fernando's art. For what it's worth, Fernando is like a teacher to me. I've learned many things from him over the years, so I'm a big fan.
I think your art is better, expecially when you work with Shouri. But it is not only about art. You were drawing EC from the beginning, for many years, you are inalienable/essential part of this comic. Giving someone else to do it doesn't feel right.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 2838
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by brasca » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:11 pm

FernandoRuiz wrote:I hope you guys enjoy this story. I know I did! Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks, Everybody!

Fernando
I'm happy to be reading new Eerie Cuties, but I do find it unusual that Dio and Kade seem to be getting along since I thought they were rivals for Layla's affection. And while Kade has been friends with Ace since the beginning of this strip Dio seems too snobby to give the time of day to a werewolf. I thought there could be a time jump where things happened off panel to explain this, but the back of Ace's hands are still furry so he hasn't had that growth spurt yet.

User avatar
Starphoenix
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by Starphoenix » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Didn't his growth spurt get reversed because of Tia?

User avatar
FuzzyFace
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by FuzzyFace » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Sure, but eventually he was going to get older, anyway.

User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by Giz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Lipach wrote:I'm not surprised. That's why I also sent copies to Dave and T. Campbell. If they didn't read the message neither, well, that means I'm pretty unlucky person. About Twitter and others - I was not sure it will work. The survey is pretty big, not to mention second part with my thoughts. Anyway, if you interested, I can resend the message using way by your choice. I don't think it will change your opinion, but at least I will know that I did all possible things.
Both T and Dave might've thought I was gonna answer the email, and I missed it. If the survey is about what we should so with EC, I don't think it will be of much help. I mean, like I said, our only plans now are to do short complete stories for fun. We may eventually do a big arc, but we have yet to talk about that.
Lipach wrote:Personally I wouldn't say that EC look finished. I guess, it is because all that situation with Lamia doesn't feel like some kind of core (?) of the story. A lot of situations happen because Nina's innocence, not because of ancient vampire queen inside her.
Well, you're allowed to your opinion. For me, we concluded this arc. Whatever comes next is a soft reboot of sorts.
Lipach wrote:I think your art is better, expecially when you work with Shouri. But it is not only about art. You were drawing EC from the beginning, for many years, you are inalienable/essential part of this comic. Giving someone else to do it doesn't feel right.
I totally understand what you mean but like I said, I drew the arc I wanted to do with EC. I'm moving on to other things. This doesn't mean I'll never work on EC again, but since I can only draw so many hours in a day, and I'm not getting any younger, I want to explore and try new things right now. With that said, we can have short stories done by other people or nothing at all. I think some folks are quite happy getting new short stories 'cause they like these characters. Heck I like reading these short stories. :)

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by tau neutrino » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:53 pm

brasca wrote: I'm happy to be reading new Eerie Cuties, but I do find it unusual that Dio and Kade seem to be getting along since I thought they were rivals for Layla's affection. And while Kade has been friends with Ace since the beginning of this strip Dio seems too snobby to give the time of day to a werewolf. I thought there could be a time jump where things happened off panel to explain this, but the back of Ace's hands are still furry so he hasn't had that growth spurt yet.
The stretch goal's description (assuming this story is it) is
Kade's a nice guy, and easily makes friends. Not so much for Dio, and Ace is too shy to make friends. What happens when these three are forced into friendship, and yet don't really like each other? Find out!
Kade and Dio did have a caustic relationship. I guess they were sitting together for story reasons so Ace could confront them at the same time.

User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by Giz » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Dio is a little like Reggie in Archie. Kind of a dick to Archie, but Archie being a nice guy (like Kade) tolerates him 'cause Reggie technically has no friends. Reggie's not all bad but in general, on the surface, he's a dick.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 1755
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by Cortez » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 pm

I always thought Kade and Ave did like each other though.

JoybuzzerX
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 am

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by JoybuzzerX » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:00 am

EC is love! :D

FernandoRuiz
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 o

Post by FernandoRuiz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Giz wrote:
For what it's worth, Fernando is like a teacher to me. I've learned many things from him over the years, so I'm a big fan. I don't know how many short stories we'll end up telling in the EC verse, but I'm sure in time, everyone involved will adjust. I've seen the whole arc already, and as the creator of the property, I'm very happy with the output of this team.

I appreciate the support and the kind words, Gisele. I think by this time I'm learning far more from you than I could ever teach you. Thank you!

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27387
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Eerie Cuties 22-02-17 I was a teen-aged were-girl pg 1 of 6

Post by Don Alexander » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:33 am

Soooo... now that this comic is back up and visible again, I can finally re-read and comment on it. After, you know, doing tons of other things and at least catching up with Ma3 and SotR (again...).

*cough*

Anyway, while it's always a bit of a transition one needs to get used to, I appreciate the art. And the story promises to be fun. :)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Post Reply