Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Osaru Sensei » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:27 am

Woo, Tandy.

This gives me slight hope for the Soon-ish™ swift return of my favourite EC-verse comic... Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?
Spidrift wrote:She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.

Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
User avatar
Osaru Sensei
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby vampire hunter D » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 am

I thought they'd have the other short stories up by now. Guess those have been cancelled
Pointless arguing is one of the three pillars upon which the Internet is built. The other two are of course cat pictures and porn.
User avatar
vampire hunter D
 
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Location: Jasoom

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Gotoh » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 am

Cortez wrote:Which means you're not much of an authority on this strip, no offense.


None taken. But I don't need to be an authority on DC to be familiar with Gabrielle's character, since she's from MC which I've re-read several times.

Cortez wrote: Are you seriously not seeing how that'sa horrible thing to say to your actual daughter?


The Norman/Harry/Peter analogy doesn't work, because we have context with their situation. We've been given story arcs and two films that've shown us how eff'd up the Osborne family is.

With Naomi and her family, all we got was one scene, which you're jumping to conclusions about. We only have Naomi's side of the story, we have yet to hear her parents' side of things.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Dorgengoa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am

It's very important to point out that Naomi has black hair in this scene, and that is a horrible, deplorable, unforgivable action on her part. I wish they'd kill her off for good, at this point, because she's beyond redemption.
[/hyperbole] [/sarcasm]
I could use just a little help ya cant starta fiiire without a spark even if we're jus dancin in the dark
User avatar
Dorgengoa
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby brasca » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Cortez wrote:
Gotoh wrote:
Yes, and I dropped the comic shortly after that chapter.


Which means you're not much of an authority on this strip, no offense



All they said was Gabby was the daughter they wish they had. They didn't say 'screw you, Naomi, gtfo'.


Are you seriously not seeing how that'sa horrible thing to say to your actual daughter? That's the same shit, Norman Osborn would say to Peter Parker, because he'd wishes Peter was his son instead of Harry.

Also, you're tellingly leaving out the full context of the scene. They said that as they called for a "family hug" and intentionally leaving out Naomi, that speaks volumes. And of course Gabrielle rubs salt on that would, giving Naomi a raspberry as they hug Gabrielle.

A blind man can see their being horrible to their own daughter.


But who's fault is that really? What if they said that about Prudence who would do nothing to undermine Naomi's standing with her family. Would you blame her too? While Gabrielle probably turned on the charm to win over her foster parents the fact that they would call her the daughter they wish they had is really more a deficiency of their own than hers. That being said I don't think Gabrielle is a good person since she delights in interrogating people through torture so she probably enjoys bullying Naomi without provocation too.

I'm not sure why Tandy thinks there is some sexual tension between Gabrielle and Naomi, but she's an expert observer so she probably sees something she doesn't. Considering what she just said about the pictures of Teddy and her dates she may be bisexual, but seeing as how Tandy was in the belly of the beast and not enthralled I think it's safe to say Tandy is heterosexual.

I like where this story is going since these two know about the paranormal and likely step up their efforts, but I can see them getting quickly overwhelmed. Teddy's house has 2 succubi living there and a reaper who visits often. Meanwhile there is the other foster sister who's an angel that is frequently checked up on by Charity and Zachuriel. I can definitely see the former being a problem if Gabrielle harms one hair on Prudence's head.

Osaru Sensei wrote:Woo, Tandy.

This gives me slight hope for the Soon-ish™ swift return of my favourite EC-verse comic... Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?


I think there's a better chance her doppleganger will appear in the wrestling ring, but it would be nice to get a cameo here.
User avatar
brasca
 
Posts: 2709
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Raamyah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Looks like Teddi will have the cleanest breasts in the entire school. :p
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous
User avatar
Raamyah
Creator of small worlds
 
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Don Alexander » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Nacked Ninja detected. :x

Also, we really need a boob-off between FemTeddy and DiDi!! Man, those things are nuclear grenades! :-o
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)
User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
 
Posts: 27159
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby FuzzyFace » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:12 pm

brasca wrote:I'm not sure why Tandy thinks there is some sexual tension between Gabrielle and Naomi, but she's an expert observer so she probably sees something she doesn't. Considering what she just said about the pictures of Teddy and her dates she may be bisexual, but seeing as how Tandy was in the belly of the beast and not enthralled I think it's safe to say Tandy is heterosexual.


At Artemis Academy, Lesbian sexual tension is a default assumption, as seen multiple times in MC.
FuzzyFace
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Cortez » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Gotoh wrote:
None taken. But I don't need to be an authority on DC to be familiar with Gabrielle's character, since she's from MC which I've re-read several times.


But that's MC, not DC. So it's pretty much irrelevant, especially since Gabrielle ends up getting more focus here.


The Norman/Harry/Peter analogy doesn't work, because we have context with their situation. We've been given story arcs and two films that've shown us how eff'd up the Osborne family is.


There's no e in their Osborn, they aren't related to Ozzy. Second, you're wrong, we've actually have plenty of context, which you either ignore or haven't seen.


With Naomi and her family, all we got was one scene, which you're jumping to conclusions about. We only have Naomi's side of the story, we have yet to hear her parents' side of things.


Now you're just intentionally ignoring the obvious, because if you actually saw that panel, you saw how they declared that Gabrielle is the daughter they always wanted, while standing across of Naomi and when performing a family hug, they exclude Naomi.

I don't know what more you need here. You either aren't familiar with the concept of show, don't tell or you're just don't understand subtlety or subtext.

But it's rather obvious that Naomi suffers from parental neglect. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

brasca wrote:
But who's fault is that really? What if they said that about Prudence who would do nothing to undermine Naomi's standing with her family. Would you blame her too? While Gabrielle probably turned on the charm to win over her foster parents the fact that they would call her the daughter they wish they had is really more a deficiency of their own than hers. That being said I don't think Gabrielle is a good person since she delights in interrogating people through torture so she probably enjoys bullying Naomi without provocation too.



A fair point. Especially since Prudence didn't do anything to make them love her, besides being adorable.

But like you said, Gabrielle rubbing it in that theyprefer their foster daughter over their biological one still doesn't paint her in a positive light.
User avatar
Cortez
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby FuzzyFace » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Cortez wrote:[Now you're just intentionally ignoring the obvious, because if you actually saw that panel, you saw how they declared that Gabrielle is the daughter they always wanted, while standing across of Naomi and when performing a family hug, they exclude Naomi.


And here is said page, as a reference:
FuzzyFace
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Gotoh » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Cortez wrote:But that's MC, not DC. So it's pretty much irrelevant, especially since Gabrielle ends up getting more focus here.


Which is beside the point, unless her character has changed drastically in DC, which she hasn't. Her personality's still the same here as it was in MC.


Cortez wrote:Now you're just intentionally ignoring the obvious, because if you actually saw that panel, you saw how they declared that Gabrielle is the daughter they always wanted, while standing across of Naomi and when performing a family hug, they exclude Naomi.


Yes, I've seen it. Several times. It's still only one scene and you're still jumping to conclusions about it without knowing the whole story.

It's no different than when a third party walks in on the middle of an argument. Unless the third party bothers to asks why the other two are arguing, they'd be in no position to say which of them is in the wrong, regardless how it looks, because they weren't there to see what started the argument. Nor does the third party know the context of the situation and neither do you.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby TJgalon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm

I have to agree 1 panel not enough context on that. Hck, My parents would say the same exact thing, it be a joke, i would know it, but from a outsidder, maybe not so much. Unless we know more, we should not jump to conclusion.
"Somebody just stake me now"
User avatar
TJgalon
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Cortez » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:48 pm

FuzzyFace wrote:
And here is said page, as a reference:


Yup and there's really no positive spin to Naomi's parents saying Gabrielle is the daughter they've always wanted in front of the daughter they already had and excluding Naomi from a family hug.

Gotoh wrote:
Which is beside the point, unless her character has changed drastically in DC, which she hasn't. Her personality's still the same here as it was in MC.


Doesn't change the fact that you still don't have proper context for what's going on in DC.




Yes, I've seen it. Several times.


I very much doubt that. Unless againx you're are ignoring the obvious because you like to pretend Gabrielle isn't a bully or because you can't read subtext and subtlety.
User avatar
Cortez
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Error of Logic » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 pm

Side question: who else heard Tandy speak with Bender's voice in that last panel?

As for supporting evidence of our little fake francophone being a bully to Naomi:
Last panel.
Third panel.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;
User avatar
Error of Logic
 
Posts: 4614
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-01-17 Infiltrated the School

Postby Gotoh » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm

TJgalon wrote:Heck, My parents would say the same exact thing, it could be a joke, i would know it, but from a outsidder, maybe not so much. Unless we know more, we should not jump to conclusion.


Exactly.

Corez wrote:Doesn't change the fact that you still don't have proper context for what's going on in DC.


I don't need to in this case, since I'm referring specifically to Gabrielle. Not DC.

Cortez wrote:unless again you're ignoring the obvious you like to pretend Gabrielle isn't a bully


That's a different subject entirely. I thought we were discussing whether Naomi's parents were bad, for excluding their daughter from a hug. :-\

But since you bring it up, Gabrielle's no more a bully than Alex Keaton, or Ferris Bueller. Both of whom screwed their sisters over too, yet neither one was labelled "a bully" for it. Both were examples of typical sitcom sibling behavior, what Gabby does is no different.

Does it make her a nice person? No. But she isn't nearly as bad as you're making her out to be either.
Gotoh
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Eerie Cuties / Magick Chicks / Dangerously Chloe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest